its almost that time of year again!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

nope, crawley and shrews to get past us still im afraid
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Realistically I think 3 more wins will do it.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Easy way of looking at it is if can keep the Five point gap to Crawley by the time there game in hand comes round its in our own hands and ours to lose. If we lose the gap then we have to hope the footballing Gods do us a favour and hope Shrewsbury or Crawley drop points and we dont before the seasons end.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

I've been meaning to do this for ages but it looked a bit daunting a few months ago :)

I came up with the following:
1 Swindon 101 pts
2 Shrewsbury 93
3 Torquay 91
4 Crawley 87
5 Southend 78
6 Cheltenham 77
7 Crewe 75

23 Hereford 38
24 Macclesfield 37

Got us drawing at Oxford and winning the rest, Creepy drawing at Northampton and Dagenham - possibly both is a little optimistic, but both sides have picked up lately so I think at least one of them will do it, meaning they narrow the gap to 2 points but stay in 4th (if they win both we're level on points but lose out on goal difference).
That said I've never had much luck with this sort of thing so let's hope this is the exception!
Jason
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Disappointingly, I don't see Shrews dropping a single point between now and the end of the season, which means it really is one from two, us and Cheaty. The only possible positive to come from this situation is that, at least if we do end up settling for the playoffs (and what a settlement that represents, by the way!), we can't be beaten by Cheaty in the final, which surely must be the ultimate nightmare.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ferrarilover wrote: Disappointingly, I don't see Shrews dropping a single point between now and the end of the season, which means it really is one from two, us and Cheaty. The only possible positive to come from this situation is that, at least if we do end up settling for the playoffs (and what a settlement that represents, by the way!), we can't be beaten by Cheaty in the final, which surely must be the ultimate nightmare.

Matt.

But they can't drop a single point, can they? They will drop more than one.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Too many twists and turns to go through and all will drop points they wished they hadn't. This is far better than being in the bottom 4 any day!!! I'm loving it :) Who knows? Swindon to implode, Torquay to snatch the title on the last day??? You gotta dream haven't you????
Oblivion!!!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

come on everyone have a go on this, lets see if we can will crawley or shrewsbury, or both to drop some points and then pile all our vibes on to 4 tufc wins between now and the final day!!

come on you yellows!!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

heres the link again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

done it again, shrews to win all 5 games, crawley to get rattled and draw next two then win final three, can see us struggle against southend and crewe, maybe two draws, then beat wimbledon, have us in 4th going into last day, level on points with creepy but the dreaded gd keeping us out of autos

could go to last day, they'll surely beat a dreadful accrington team, its terrifying, work with a load of weds fans, they're in same boat except we only need one of two to muck up!
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 14 Apr 2012, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the Gulls will, absolutely and most definitely without a shadow of a doubt, and there really can be no argument about this, finish the season convincingly as League Two champions, ahead of Shrewsbury on goal difference.. :-D
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

are you on hallucinogens GS?
still keeping the faith
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Gullscorer wrote:Spent the afternoon in the Cider Bar thinking about it..
ha ha ha like your style...... :clap:
markygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markygull »

Had us finishing 2nd on the predictor table with 89 points with Accrington Stanley beating both Shrews and Creepy.

Draw at the weekend and winning our remaining games - heart over head but like it has been said before, this stage of the season when promotion is a real possibility is very exciting!
Champions League Winners 4 years in a row 2033 - 2036 with TUFC on FM2010 :)