Torquay United v Shrewsbury Town - 11/2/2012 4th division

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Southampton Gull wrote:

You're showing no respect to someone who goes to every game home and away. The same person who has stuck up for McPhee to all and sundry when they criticise and boo him, so lighten up.
Look I know AlexGull is a fantastic fan and I apologise to him for the way I came across, perhaps posting at 6.30am is not too wise when I`ve only been awake for 10 minutes, those lads singing that obviously didn`t mean any harm by it but take it from me, I talk to the players and some of the stuff they hear sometimes ain`t to clever. Remember when their on the pitch playing they don`t always hear and see all of what the fans do, it is easy for them to take things out context as I obviously have. That song came across to me as bigging up Brian at the expense of Robbo, that is where I saw the disrespect! Would it not be possible to find a song that is positive for Brian without being or appearing to be negative about a true servant such as Robbo! I hope you can see my point
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I do, and trust me when I say I'd be the first one to have a pop at anyone around me who was slagging off any players of our Club, once they leave however that's a different story. I doubt anyone would give Robbo a hard time whenever he comes back, he gave everything for us and what might seem like a lack of respect for what he's done is actually just backing for Saah. It's not like Robbo was going to hear it so no harm done.

On another note, you describe him as a true servant of our Club, now I'm not doubting that he gave his all each time he played but I seem to remember him messing us about a few seasons ago before finally signing another contract so I'm not so sure how much of a "true servant" he was. He did what was best for him like most other players would, interestingly enough I also recall Eunan signing pretty quickly knowing that he was in fact making our position stronger than his own, that's what I call a true servant to the Club. Likewise we have Mansell and Nico who I would also describe in the same mould as Eunan even if with less ability.

Fair play for the apology by the way.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Aussie wrote: Look I know AlexGull is a fantastic fan and I apologise to him for the way I came across, perhaps posting at 6.30am is not too wise when I`ve only been awake for 10 minutes, those lads singing that obviously didn`t mean any harm by it but take it from me, I talk to the players and some of the stuff they hear sometimes ain`t to clever. Remember when their on the pitch playing they don`t always hear and see all of what the fans do, it is easy for them to take things out context as I obviously have. That song came across to me as bigging up Brian at the expense of Robbo, that is where I saw the disrespect! Would it not be possible to find a song that is positive for Brian without being or appearing to be negative about a true servant such as Robbo! I hope you can see my point

No worries. I wasnt stood at the end with the singers but knowing them they wouldnt of meant it in a disrespectul way to Robbo. I was in the middle singing a differant song about Saah. Saah,Saah will tear you apart again :whistle:

And I know what you mean I have some people near me booing McPhee sometimes,which regardless of what you think of him he's in a Yellow shirt and should be backed unless he deserves stick (IE falling over the defender when he'd fallen over and put him through on goal!) There's certain players I dont rate but would never boo them as we need to back the team as much as possible.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

AlexGulls wrote:

No worries. I wasnt stood at the end with the singers but knowing them they wouldnt of meant it in a disrespectul way to Robbo. I was in the middle singing a differant song about Saah. Saah,Saah will tear you apart again :whistle:

And I know what you mean I have some people near me booing McPhee sometimes,which regardless of what you think of him he's in a Yellow shirt and should be backed unless he deserves stick (IE falling over the defender when he'd fallen over and put him through on goal!) There's certain players I dont rate but would never boo them as we need to back the team as much as possible.
Totally agree! Chris is a good bloke and a good laugh, he tries his heart out and wears our shirt, if he f*cks something up and gets stick for it he deals with it and tries harder next time. I can`t ask more of him and don`t get why people always ride him, if the gaffer thinks he can do a job then thats all I need to know, after all how well has Martin done so far?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Aussie wrote:
Totally agree! Chris is a good bloke and a good laugh, he tries his heart out and wears our shirt, if he f*cks something up and gets stick for it he deals with it and tries harder next time. I can`t ask more of him and don`t get why people always ride him, if the gaffer thinks he can do a job then thats all I need to know, after all how well has Martin done so far?
Completley agree. He''s done alright so far and definatley does a decent job of coming on for the last five/ten minites when called upon. I think the reason people pick on him more than others is because in his first spell here he was part of one of the worst Torquay teams in recent history which got relegated and wasnt that succesful and people seem to be basing it on that rather than giving the lad a second chance which he deserves now hes in a better team than the one he was when he was here for his first stint. And so far Ling has done wanders most people would of laughed if you'd of said we'd be three points off the top during our bad run earlier in the season.