Stanners

General chat about anything else goes here.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Stanners

Post by Tq2Yellow »

I know we have stopped looking on the past but I can't help but wonder what is going on with Stanners at Rovers.

From a very influential player for us whilst on loan at the end of last season, he chose to follow Bucks to Rovers quoting the desire to play games and with no knowledge of our manager to be it appearred on his part a sensible move.

I couldn't believe my eyes in our match against Rovers as to how anonymous he was.

Last week he was dropped to sub, this week he wasn't even chosen for the match day squad and basically told to go back home.

His tweets maintain that there has been no fall out with Buckle just that he has to train harder to get into the team.

Is this another case of an on loan player playing out of his skin until a contract is signed or another of Buckle's peculiar management style! I have to say I wouldn't consider him to be part of the first category, I wonder if he is regretting his decision considering how much he seemed to enjoy his time down here and with the squad, and seemed to fit in well.

Amazing when you look at the players that left during those gladly forgotten summer break months, I can't think of any that are blazing a trail in their new respective teams!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

More competition for places at Brizzle maybe? Lets face it though, no-one kidnapped him, took him up the M5 and forced him to sign. Hes probably regretting not staying at the shrimps more after todays result :)
Arse! Drink!
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

You see it all the time, particularly at this level - a player can be fantastic for one team, but then move elsewhere and they just can't recapture their form.

I did feel that for both Stanley and Branston (maybe even Zebs as well), that our team last season was an absolute perfect fit for them and while they where brilliant for us, the togetherness of the team and the level of respect they had from the rest of the team may have given them the mega confidence (from their almost untouchable status that they wouldn't necessarily have elsewhere) and as a consequence may have flattered their individual player abilities.
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

Theres are rumours going around he maybe heading back down to you on loan just rumours mind if its true thats an outrage you stealing our players you should be ashamed. :rofl:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gasman wrote:Theres are rumours going around he maybe heading back down to you on loan just rumours mind if its true thats an outrage you stealing our players you should be ashamed. :rofl:

sorry. :Oops: =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468