After match interviews

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

After match interviews

Post by highweekgull »

I thought it was refreshing for Martin Ling to come out and say the defence need to do better. The fans were thinking it but good for the manager to get straight to the point.

Also he didn't victimise anyone and actually used it to turn Oastler's negative into a positive by saying the lad had owned up to being at fault for one of the goals.

I like that - rather than what we have become used to which was "we were fabulous", "the players all worked hard", "we didn't get the rub of the green", "another official would have given us that goal/penalty/free kick..." "it is all someone's else fault" "I'm better than this and will be managing at a higher level soon"

Ummm not sure who I am thinking about above...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed, was refreshing us football fan's are not stupid we can see what has gone wrong or right as the case may be, niether us fan's or player's need patronising.

We may have different opinion's on which defender was at fault, the one we all agree on however is the entire defence including the keeper despite the number of save's he made were way off where they should be as a unit, so thanks for the honesty Lingy,the good thing that was only game one,they will get better.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

yep, he's been quick to identify the problems, and with Shaun, will be working hard to put them right. another box ticked for ML.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

They will get better and better; certainly enough to show Bristol Rovers how it should be done!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gullscorer wrote:They will get better and better; certainly enough to show Bristol Rovers how it should be done!
I am not so sure about that - think we will get turned over there unfortunetly. Hope I am wrong.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I was referring to the season as a whole, rather than next Saturday's match. The Gulls may well lose on Saturday unless they tighten up their defence. But I'm sure they're working on that. And judging by the AFC Wimbledon game, Rovers may have similar problems. I'll stick my neck out and forecast a 2-2 draw Saturday.
crazyfool
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek 'The Dude'

Post by crazyfool »

Nice to hear some refreshing honesty. You've got to admire that in a manager. With Buckle it became tiresome hearing him come out with the nonsense he did sometimes. In fact it got to the point where I lost complete interest in his appraisals of a match, because sometimes they just wouldn't reflect the truth.