Southampton parking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

For those parking at Ocean Village and wanting food there is a brilliant pub by the cinema. Good food, reasonable prices and you won't get any trouble from the home fans in there. Also there is a Tescos Express in Ocean Village (with a cash point machine if you need it) for those who want to eat outside of the pub.

Here is the website with some directions http://www.oceanvillagesouthampton.com/ ... ting-here/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When I worked in Ocean Village, parking was free after 6, but make sure you park in the designated bays (either by the cinema, the water front or some spaces in the office complex), I would however advise to stay away from the multi storey....... there has been a lot of breakins recently within the multi storey.

If you get there early then it is a 10 / 15 minute walk into town or you can take the short bus journey. If you have a car load it might be worth paying the £4 to get a cab into town rather than worry about buses and walking (ask to be dropped off by HSBC at the top end of East Street). There are loads of places to eat and drink in town, and you only have a short walk back to the ground (you do not need to go via Ocean Village from town).
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

I was meant to say there is also loads of parking in town, West Street multi storey is on the edge of town and not far from the ground. West Quay is also pretty good, but be aware getting into the car park once the shopping centre is shut is a nightmare and not worth the agro.

The park and ride is in Bursledon (not far from where I live) and is ok. Problem is the coaches only go to the ground so you will still need to hike it into town.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

However The Joshua Tree is a veru good option for those who just want to meet the rest of the "Yellow Army" (that means all the fans Fonda).
crazyfool
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek 'The Dude'

Post by crazyfool »

Ah ... Ocean Village ... the days of JFK, Schooners, The Frog and Frigate and another bar on the front i can't remember the name of. I'm not sure if still all there. If my memory serves me right, most of what became a ghost town of a small shopping arcade got pulled down for flats??

I went to the last Saints game, but can't make this one. Damn well short of cash. The stroll from the ground to station isn't too bad at all. I made it back for my last train for the cup game before, even after extra time and penalties. It was cutting it fine though. I think I might have even had to break into a fast walk at one point to make it.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

That whole plaza got knocked down and turned into flats, you now have 2 wine bars, the Pitch and Piano and Banana Wharf where Harry Ramsden fish and chips used to be. They also built a tescos express. The whole place lost loads of money when West Quay was built and all the big bars appeared in the town centre. Also they lost loads of cash when the round the world boat race got moved to Pompey.

The Frog and Friggit is still there but not as good as it use to be. The cork and bottle is still there but has changed it's name a few times over the years.