Robertson next for transfer list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Fonda wrote: In terms of player valuations, it's true any club is up against it when a player expresses a desire to leave, but where do you draw the line? If Buckle offerred us a £1000 and some new match-balls for Robbo, would people argue we should accept it because 'the player will be no use to us as he wants to go'...?
With Zeb the manager offered him a new deal along with a resettlement package to try and keep him at the club and he still wanted to go, so the board/manager have done everything in their power to keep him, short of locking him up in the store room.

Your example about Robbo is extreme to say the least, but did we not take a defender from a non league club about 15 years ago in exchange for a bag of match balls, forgot his name now, not sure he was worth the balls either! :lol:

Just waiting for his transfer request to join Uncle Bucks, for family reasons of course! :@
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

robertson.

another turncoat who needs a kicking! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Has it actually been stated by either club, manager or player that Robbo wants to leave?

IF and when he says he wants to go, fair play, but until that happens, can't we get off his back?
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

RussianGull wrote:Has it actually been stated by either club, manager or player that Robbo wants to leave?
No, but you wouldn't bet against it, would you?
crazyfool
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek 'The Dude'

Post by crazyfool »

They can all feck off as far as I'm concerned. Getting slightly more annoyed by the situation day on day. Robertsons far from being outstanding, but decent enough for this level. Could we replace him with someone of equal ability?? Definitely. Will we?? Time will tell. Not that there's realistically a lot of it to play with.

I don't blame any of these players in all honesty. If I was offered more money/better prospects by a boss I'd been happy working under before then I'd certainly be tempted. If it wasn't for the Buckle factor would these players be heading off elsewhere?? I very much doubt it. Ultimately these things happen, but what is more gutting is the fact that we don't seem to be doing good deals. :@

Right now I want to see Ling coming up with the goods and more players coming on board. Any chance of hearing news on this front before the end of the week?? Or are the fingers still in the pies??!!
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

getting more annoyed by the day with buckle meddling with our side, teeboo please cheer us all up with some good news
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Buckles becoming more of a t**t every day! I hope a good few signings are made this week to cheer us all up!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

after yesterday having a thread in my honour i thought it best stay kinda quiet as my information seams to have clearly upset some1 on here
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

teeboo100 wrote:after yesterday having a thread in my honour i thought it best stay kinda quiet as my information seams to have clearly upset some1 on here
End of the day, no one can keep everyone happy. We could win 4-0 in the champions league final and some would still be depressed saying the season was awful and expect 7.

The news is appreciated by most fans as its good to know, plus all you have told us have been deals that have been completed so i dont see the big deal. Its not like you told us 4 weeks in advance and the deal falls though because you mde it know.

Keep up the good work :~D
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

It seems that Bristol Rovers are more than happy to have the names of targets leaked in the press/media/internet days and sometimes weeks before a signing has been completed - in fact they positively seem to revel in it - and it doesn't seem to have hampered their squad building in the slightest! :devil:
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Teeboo, now would be a good time to upset us all with any new information you may have! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

CP Gull wrote:It seems that Bristol Rovers are more than happy to have the names of targets leaked in the press/media/internet days and sometimes weeks before a signing has been completed - in fact they positively seem to revel in it - and it doesn't seem to have hampered their squad building in the slightest! :devil:

Makes you wonder where the leaks are coming from seeing as the "prime suspect" isn't there :clap: :clap:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Gotta laugh, think Rovers fans are begining to realise the limits of Buckles contacts and experiences. Can'y say we didn't warn em.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I guess the might dollar rules all now days. Chris Robertson would do well to remember he was transfer listed by Buckle in 2008. Counts for nothing it would seem - much like Carayol!

Bet Buckle will still claim he brought Chris through at Torquay - even though he was already at the club when back-stabber Buckle arrived.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Gotta laugh, think Rovers fans are begining to realise the limits of Buckles contacts and experiences. Can'y say we didn't warn em.
So much so that they're even talking about signing Eunan now .... never happen though ...... will it? (gulp) :S

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... nan-okane/