Buckle

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

the way things are going in the big wide world of football, it's probably only a matter of time before Lord Buckle is elected president of FIFA.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The King (Buckle) is dead. :'(

Long live the King (Ling). :clap: :bow: :clap:

(8)"Our King is Ling . . .
Our King is Ling . . .
We must be supportive of our Dinger Ling." (8)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Trojan 67 wrote:The King (Buckle) is dead. :'(

Long live the King (Ling). :clap: :bow: :clap:

(8)"Our King is Ling . . .
Our King is Ling . . .
We must be supportive of our Dinger Ling." (8)
ye Gods and Little fishes. Apple struddle and fish pie. I sincerley hope we don't stoop so low as to sing that! Realy boys and girls, Is that the sum of our efforts. I will not only cringe with embarrasment but go and dig a large hole and bury myself On Torre Abbey sands if that is sung. Surley we can up with better. :'( :'( :'( :-| :B =Z :slap:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Back on topic then and Buckle.

Our board of directors were quick to block his move to Bristol Rovers, weren't they ?

Why didn't they ?

See through the mutual platitudes after the departure. My guess is they were glad to get shot of him, not because of his "footballing know how", but because of "other reasons".

Ok, so it's another rebuild (in more ways than one), it's not like we haven't been here before. Many have discussed Paul Buckle's personality/characteristics/attitude/ambition etc. With the arrogant/ambitious, be ever so watchful of what's lurking, unseen in the background . . . .

SPITE.

He did well for TUFC in his time here (even though he played "Premiership manager" with BSP/League Two players. Headhunters above don't want to see that, they want to see the nous to get a team upwardly out of a Division using tactics appropriate for the division.

If his "ambition" proves to be his downfall then so be it. It won't come as a shock to many on here. It will however come as a massive slap in the face to him.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"