TEAM OF 2004 - Where are they now?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

He played at Right Back in the games that I saw, although on further inspection, he was brought in to cover Russell and Fowler.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 68,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe he was the headless chicken in midfield and Canoville looked lost at right back?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Anyone know what happened to Jimmy Benefield?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Benefield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

Martin Gritton was not offered a new contract with Yeovil at he end of last season so who knows where he might pop up. The same can be said for David Graham, he will undoubtedly leave Hucknall in a few months and move on to another non - league club in the north.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Yellow4life wrote:Kevin hill is at Dorchester
No he isn't. If you looked at last seasons release list he was on it, last we heard he had indeed gone to Tiverton.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ABM
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Habib Sissoko

Post by ABM »

Rosenior played right wing most of the time. Could beat a man, but little crossing ability. I remember home vs Yeovil when we were 2-0 down, he and Kuffour came on for Beds and Hilly before half time and tore them apart. 2-2 final score (?), Craig Taylor scored a great driven free kick.

Speaking of Taylor, was very disappointed with the way in which he was released - seem to remember it was announced as a footnote to another article on the website... as captain of our promotion winning side, he deserved better.
85gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: russell

Post by 85gull »

Noticing your fave player they're ABM and thinking back to players past, i wonder whatever happened to our plethora of 'fantastic' foreign players we've had? Think back to Jean-Pierre Simb, Chalqi, Mendy. The most notable for his career after Torquay was Sako, who got promotion with St Pauli in Germany to the Bundesliga. Anyone know what happened to any of the others?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

cambgull wrote: I just found he looked lost at times, but to be fair, he was very young at that time (maybe 17 or 18) and still had a lot to learn. He obviously had something to him considering where he was got to now. Signed him for Torquay on Football Manager many times!

If my memory serves me correctly, was it Rosenior's loan spell which meant Canoville was pushed into midfield? He then become one of the poorest midfielders I've ever seen! Headless chicken was probably a fair assumption.
No...this is incorrect. Rosenior played right midfield for us. Indeed, I think he was always considered a midfielder at Bristol City and it was only when he broke into Fulham's first team that he was a right-back...not a very good one in my opinion, either.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Glostergull wrote: No he isn't. If you looked at last seasons release list he was on it, last we heard he had indeed gone to Tiverton.
We figured that one out on the first page :whistle:
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

yellowforever wrote:
I thought that Rosenior played in midfield while he was with us? Can't completely remember..
He did. But Canners was still a headless chicken, popping up on the left wing when at right back !!
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Kevil Hill @ Budleigh Salterton
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Can't believe nobody has picked up on this, but - David Graham is a university lecturer?! What the hell does he teach?

"How to piss away an otherwise damn find football career"?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.