The Shortlist

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

bixieupnorth wrote:theres been no word of milton leaving here or on the OS, as far as i'm aware his services are still at the disposal of TUFC
It came from the man himself.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

If you read the interview in the WMN it seems clear that Woods doesn't expect to get the job. I think these quotes are more so he can get his name known for some of the BSP/n/s jobs so he can possibly build up to a Torquay job in the future.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

some more info in the herald today

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Early ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seems like half the interviews done, and likely that we'll have a two man team again

i wonder if we pay expenses, or in this day and age are interviewees expected to find their own way down to devon?
still keeping the faith
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I suppose the three Scots could car-share. I'm beginning to think that two of Forster/Hargreaves/Russell will be appointed with one serving as assistant/coach. Not ideal in my opinion.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Ok seems to have been a slight detour by the herald Express

It now uses the words "the shortlist is thought to include" which basically means they actually don't know who is onthe list. The new name to apparently emerge as a "leading" candidate is Ian Butterworth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Butterworth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; who despite being someone who I instantly recognise has very little managerial experience which surprised me. The HE still list Russell, Forster, Hargreaves, Holdsworth & Hughes as the other "possible" candidates
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Nicky Forsters Twitter seems very intresting this morning. I dont know if we should read much into this but... (tweets he has made within the last hour)

nickyforster200 Nicky Forster
Thanks for all my Best Wishes messages they are read & appreciated as one chapter ends another begins hope to be back at BFC one day FOZ

nickyforster200 Nicky Forster
@capitalgull ha ha very good suddenly I'm being followed very closely by a flock of gulls !

Now the first messege could mean anything, with him saying his time at brentford is over. But does that mean another begins as in us?

The second message could mean sea gulls are actually following him, or people like me are following him on twitter so theres lots of torquay fans following him. Or is it people like me reading into to much and hes laughing about that? :lol:

Thought i would mention it anyways.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

I'm stalking him, and apparently not the only one :)
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

AndyC wrote:I'm stalking him, and apparently not the only one :)
That awnsers the 2nd question of mine.
Will be a intresting few days that is for sure.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Do managers have Twitter???
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

This one does, but at the moment, he's not a manager..............
premierleaguegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Robertson

Post by premierleaguegull »

Beaten me to it with the twitter post.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

No law against managers having twitter, is there?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Not sure I would want Butterworth as manager.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

hector wrote:Not sure I would want Butterworth as manager.
Agreed, i think the only benefit would be the Norwich links.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Wouldn't want Butterworth at all, he was only in charge of Norwich for 6 days and lost his only game. Kept chopping and changing what he was doing when he first went into management in 1997. Read below, doesn't inspire me with confidence.
Butterworth restarted his career in Sweden with IK Brage (11 apps 0 goals) and in September 1997 he became Player Manager but wanted to return home and joined Stafford Rangers as a player. In the early part of 1998 He joined Cobh Ramblers as Player Manager.

In May 1998 he joined Darlington as assistant manager but resigned on 2 July 2000.
In basically one season he played for 4 clubs and was player manager for 2 of them, add that to the 6 days as caretaker manager at Norwich and he may as well not have bothered. Who's going to offer him a job with that record?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"