Scott bevan.. gone.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

andersen was terrible when on loan at Torquay he played 3 games, conceeded 5 goals and was at fault for 4 of them. But he was a young lad coming into a team that wasn't at it's best at that point and was getting edgy.

Bevan's a good league 2 keeper I'm sure he will do well for you. Good hands, made some miracle saves last year and is a beast of a bloke. Seriously I'm not just saying it out of spite because quite honestly i'm not overly bothered by any of this, his kicking is park standard. Both out of his hands and especially off the floor.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

I'm now really getting angry. :@ Manager gone, 1st team coach gone, both goalkeepers gone, players on loan, contracts not nailed down. We wont have a club left at this rate. Not going to bother renewing my season ticket, just yet.

We had a great end to our season (Regular) and things were looking really good for the coming campaign. It's now all falling down. Anyone else feeling the same? :(
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

great that we hear about this from his new club, where our own club website hasn't been updated in any way since last Thursday. brilliant. :-D
Brady

I Wish I Was There
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

diamondgirl wrote:I'm now really getting angry. :@ Manager gone, 1st team coach gone, both goalkeepers gone, players on loan, contracts not nailed down. We wont have a club left at this rate. Not going to bother renewing my season ticket, just yet.

We had a great end to our season (Regular) and things were looking really good for the coming campaign. It's now all falling down. Anyone else feeling the same? :(
Thing is, it was always on the cards. With no money or new intevestment we've gone as far as we can go (or at least that is probably the feeling) and the lure of more money and better prospects elsewhere is a natural thing. The appointment of our next manager is enormous. We MUST get this right because the new man will be working pretty much with his hands tied, he's got to sign a decent keeper already to replace the one we've lost, we may yet have to replace BRanston and the front line has lost 2 of it's components already, possibly 3 if Zebs was to go, this isn't considering the hole Stanely left. There is LOTS to do not a lot of time to do it and no money to do it with. Good luck.

Something i've been pondering earlier, why did Branston in particualr not get offered a new contract sooner? Clearly obvious he deserves one and is a terrific player for this level......maybe Bucks knew for a fair while this season was going to be his last and he wanted Branston to go with him. Not offering him anything here means he can take him for a free now. Maybe it's the cynic in me but I'm at a loss as to how he wouldn't have been offered anything. At Christmas time in normal circumstances he should have been given 2 years. Cynic in me.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

royalgull wrote: Thing is, it was always on the cards. With no money or new intevestment we've gone as far as we can go (or at least that is probably the feeling) and the lure of more money and better prospects elsewhere is a natural thing. The appointment of our next manager is enormous. We MUST get this right because the new man will be working pretty much with his hands tied, he's got to sign a decent keeper already to replace the one we've lost, we may yet have to replace BRanston and the front line has lost 2 of it's components already, possibly 3 if Zebs was to go, this isn't considering the hole Stanely left. There is LOTS to do not a lot of time to do it and no money to do it with. Good luck.

Something i've been pondering earlier, why did Branston in particualr not get offered a new contract sooner? Clearly obvious he deserves one and is a terrific player for this level......maybe Bucks knew for a fair while this season was going to be his last and he wanted Branston to go with him. Not offering him anything here means he can take him for a free now. Maybe it's the cynic in me but I'm at a loss as to how he wouldn't have been offered anything. At Christmas time in normal circumstances he should have been given 2 years. Cynic in me.
That could have been the reason but personally I reckon it was more likely that PB had reservations about offering him a new deal (particularly if Brano more than likely wanted two years) particularly at a time when we didn't know what league we would be in. I have a sneaky feeling that if PB had stayed and if we had got promoted that Bucks may have felt that a move up to League 1 (bearing in mind he was out of the league for 2 years while at Kettering) might have been a step too far for Brano at this stage of his career (he will be 33 in January) and he may well have not been offered a new deal in that scenario - just a hunch.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

regiment wrote:great that we hear about this from his new club, where our own club website hasn't been updated in any way since last Thursday. brilliant. :-D
it's ok, our website has been updated now. apparently the latest bid for Manse's shirt is £150. well, i feel better knowing something's happening. 8/
Brady

I Wish I Was There
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I'm thinking that it might be in some fans interests to have a break from football and just wait for the exciting news to filter through over the coming weeks. To get so worked up over players (that were on loan or out of contract) not being signed up isn't healthy. Torquay's squad will maintain the good blend of experience from last season, and when a new manager is appointed I'm sure he'll have plenty of players in mind who'll come down to Torquay and do a good job.
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Scott was in my shop today at 2 oclock and I asked him if he was moving,he said he was in talks with Rovers but nothing certain!!he was hoping for a increase from Torquay after taking a cut to sign for us before.seams strange to say all that after he had already signed for them!!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

forevertufc wrote: It does appear so Brady,no worry as ive said before give me Jake Cole any day of the week before Bevan,just been on there forum pure comedy gold ,they really are getting wet around rim over signing Bevan,haven't got the heart to tell he can't kick,and has the mobilty of a carthorse down to the bottom corners.
Bit harsh, in my opinion. Considering his size I think he gets down pretty well!

He's obviously not going to be perfect otherwise he'd be higher up the leagues. He's been excellent over the years, so good luck to him.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Let's just hope our players can take advantage of all his flaws when we play them e.g pressure on the back pass and the hard low shot into the corners from distance. He was good for us though guys, let's not pretend he wasn't (have a look on youtube for Matt Tubbs penalty, awesome!). He always came across as a thoroughly decent chap as well.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

it's made it to the BBC football site now :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13667614.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

He was another player who played a big part in our promotion back to the league, and we should all be thankful to him for that. He's got himself a better deal and we can't blame him for moving on.

If Bevan had stayed then we'd have had a solid enough L2 keeper. Obviously we have to replace him with someone better, but I don't think that's impossible by any means. Poke would be the dream, but there's a lot of other keepers floating around too. Jake Cole would certainly be a step up, but I've heard rumours he's Gillingham bound and without a manager will probably be snapped up by two weeks time.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

regiment wrote:it's made it to the BBC football site now :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13667614.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So will be on our website by tomorrow afternoon.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Nick,was not being harsh on Bevan just honest with my opinion,i thought this way for a while now,i am not doubting bevan has been a great servant for TUFC,nor i am doubting him to a decent bloke,i have thanked him and wished him well.

Bevan is also the keeper that has conceeded 3 or more goals in a game 8 times this season,and who can forget the 5 he shiped away at Dagenham last term,how many times in the ground have i heard a fan shout "why wont Bevs come and get the ball,it was his to get" on something along those lines,also our very own forum player of season vote bevan scored 61 points from 45 starts,O'Kane 89 points from 37 starts,Stanley 74 points from 19 starts,and as a good comparison Zebroski who played a similar number of games 48 scored 159 points.

All i am saying not our biggest loss by any means,and i am going to be honest and not pretend for one minute he is.
Formerly known as forevertufc
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

posistional wise yes its a blow as we have no keepers left now, however as a player i was always a tad worried with bevan for kicks and coming for crosses, felt he panicked from time to time. great shot stopper and will be a great signing for rovers if the fans get behind him. Plenty keepers to replace him though not nearly as big of a blow as it would be if branno follows him