skybet next manager odds

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It s frustrating; obviously the club find it self in a difficult position and the club are facing a transitional period a situation that our current board have not faced before, as we all know now, getting into the play-off s and losing Buckle has put our club on the back foot, as other clubs are close to completing there squads for next season, we do not have a manager.

Again I really must stress patience, back the club and trust them, it may seem they are being bit in-active, dragging there heels etc, despite what you read publicly about shortlist being drawn up by Monday, and interviews next week, I would not doubt for one minute that they early front runners for the job have already been spoken to.

I am sure all us fans realise the importance of the club making the right appointment, the club can not afford to get this wrong, the thing is we the fans do not know who actually has applied, it would be very easy for our club to get starry eyed over the first big name to apply, like Chris Sutton at Lincoln and we all know how that ended, for me if it takes another ten days for the club to come up with the “right” candidate then so be it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

H&Y fans keen to get Fozzy, but don't seem to think they can afford him. Mind you, they also think Trollope is going to get this job... http://www.hayesandyeadingunitedfc.co.u ... f=3&t=5011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I'm really warming to the idea of Forster. I think with him, Veysey, Davey and Milton we'd have a good backroom team. If he brought another coach in too then I think we'd be just as strong as last year there. To be honest though, I just want it over asap, so we can get on with planning for next season.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
mlw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by mlw »

I see Nicky Forster is into 11/2 third favourite in the latest Victor Chandler list. Surprising that Chris Hargreaves is still showing as 9/4 favourite with Paul Trollope at 5/2. Also intertesting that Dave Penny is down to 8/1.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I am really warming to the idea of Nicky Forster awsell,not building my hopes to high though,it will only lead to masisve dissapointment,this is Torquay united we should be used to it.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

well, the good news is that we wont be getting paul hart! :clap:

been named as acadamy director at charlton
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

Just throwing a name into the ring here: how about Chris Hughton?
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

GulldenBoy wrote:Just throwing a name into the ring here: how about Chris Hughton?
good shout, but we couldn't afford him. he'll be back in the prem before too long i reckon.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Looks like Forster has all but turned down Hayes to concentrate on his Torquay application. Wants to join a club gunning for promotion rather than one trying to stay up....

http://www.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/west-l ... -28819675/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Hopefully we can get the ink dry before he finds out...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The descriptiopn of Nicky Forster,he's bright young and ambitious,noooooooooo not again :lol:
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

The mentions for Dave Penney is interesting. I wouldn't mind if it were him, although his last couple of jobs haven't been successful. I think he could do a good job down at Torquay. Still believe its nailed on for Trollope though.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I like the sound of that! I didn't really know much about Forster during his playing days other than hear his name mentioned a few times and regularly appearing on Gillette Soccer Saturday, but the more I read up about him, the more I like him. I'd be very happy with another ambitious manager who eventually moves on, but gives us 4 years of promotion challenges. I spent far too much of my childhood watching us fighting relegation!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

forevertufc wrote:The descriptiopn of Nicky Forster,he's bright young and ambitious,noooooooooo not again :lol:
Chance for me to do a bit of name dropping (and show my age) but I knew Nicky in his original Brentford days and he was an absolutely lovely, lovely man. From what I've read over the last few months on the Bees forum, he hasn't changed and is still a sociable, charismatic, calm, intelligent person. Much like myself really :whistle:

Relax, F'reve, imagine PB but with charm..... :clap:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

How much truth there is in any of this is unclear. Forster perhaps offers more than say, Hargreaves. Also, not being known to the players, he would not have that difficult job of changing from mate to boss that Hargreaves would have.

Forster's surge up the betting odds may have more to do with the chat about him on here and maybe even he has been swayed by that by withdrawing his interest in Hayes job.

But the looking at the odds for the Cardiff job, at the moment Mark Robins is 2/5. It seems a strange one to me. For a club with Premiership ambtions, Robins, to me, would not have done enough to show he was ready for that sort of job.

In fact looking on the list for Cardiff and Rochdale and us, there does not seem to be a plethora of good candidates around.