Away Kit?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

Im surprised by the negativity towards these, but liking a kit is subjective afterall. Personally i like 1 &2 and would absolutely buy it. Its nice to have s kit with palm trees on it as its unique & showcases beautiful part of England we’re from!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I'm nonplussed about away kit designs, always have been, always will be. To me it's all about the home kit, that's what you associate the club by in fact all clubs by their home kits, this is the kit design that needs to be 100% right and lasts seasons was an abomination with it looking like a seagull had shit down the front of it.

So why not have a bit of fun with the away kit? When I first saw it thought wow, that's certainly different, what peaked my interest was reading through the opinions of fans of other clubs, some were thought provoking, many congratulating TUFC for moving away from the generic plain same old same old designs.

What occurred to me, and I've posted a few times about the ever growing number of young supporters, is how some of these kits could appeal to the younger fans, never played GTA but there seems to be clear link on the design of option no2, guessing a company like VX3 are very well aware of current trends, so maybe on to some thing here.

Anyway I've voted for no2
Formerly known as forevertufc
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Number 2 seems the be the front runner based on the chat here. It's my preferred option for sure.

One concern with these pastel coloured and odd designs is how well can the players see each other on the pitch, notably in poor visibility. Bolder colours and designs are easier to pick out from a playing perspective.
Fozziefan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fozziefan »

I don’t mind a bit of fun with the 3rd/away kits and I vote option 2.

More importantly, get the home kit right. The current home kit I didn’t buy as I just don’t like it. What’s with the big white stripes? Let’s have a good old plain yellow and blue design please…
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I agree but don't think we'll get it !
RodneyJacksRightFoot
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RodneyJacksRightFoot »

Number 2 for me and people should think of the bigger picture - it will no doubt bring in extra revenue from shirt collectors as well as some media attention.

I'm sure we'll see a more traditional themed home kit.
Good to see fans are given a choice also.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Ok having a bit of fun with away kit but the club and maker want to make money and shirts are a big part of that! Ok to like or dislike but will they sell many? Not to me they won’t ! Big own goal!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 18 May 2024, 10:02 Number 2 seems the be the front runner based on the chat here. It's my preferred option for sure.

One concern with these pastel coloured and odd designs is how well can the players see each other on the pitch, notably in poor visibility. Bolder colours and designs are easier to pick out from a playing perspective.
Valid concern - I remember when Man Utd changed their kit at half time many years ago because of this issue.

Some of these feel like they are designed to create an optical illusion - perhaps it can work in reverse when our strikers end up in the box in stealth mode thanks to the kit 😂

I hope the players at least train in the gear and provide this feedback before settling on a design, there is a likely a reason why other clubs haven’t gone fancy with designs.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

On the plus side it’s great to be using a local supplier for the kit, VX3 are based in Paignton.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Haven't we morphed into the yellow. I always thought that when we changed from the original black and white, the actual colours chosen and worn was gold and blue. The gold signified the golden sands of Torquay and the blue for the sea. Would love to see us introduce a gold home shirt. It would be a break from the bright yellow.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

jamestee67 wrote: 18 May 2024, 09:03 Looks like Torquay are changing the badge back to a circular one too. I prefer the current one.
I think it's done so they can incorporate the 125 years scroll. I like it.
xeon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by xeon »

None are fabulous, but number two for me.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

#2 won the fans vote.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

I really couldn't bring myself to vote!!
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Does anyone know whether I'll be able to buy the new away shirt for a tenner in Turkey next month 🤔