New manager announced - Paul Wotton

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm not sure why anyone would feel any negativity about what's already happening in such a short space of time. After the last several years of impending doom I'm feeling very positive about the future. Does anyone else feel the same?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 17 May 2024, 13:44 I'm not sure why anyone would feel any negativity about what's already happening in such a short space of time. After the last several years of impending doom I'm feeling very positive about the future. Does anyone else feel the same?
100% - the club has survived and Warnock as Director of Football is unbelievable. Wotton has always been a leader, knows the level and area well and did a decent job at Truro.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I only got a chance to listen to the press conference yesterday, thought both Warnock and Wotton came across very well, this is a sound and sensible appointment in my view, Wotton is SW based knows this level very well and look at what he's achieved at Truro with nothing, not even a home ground, so ticks the box in terms of someone who is proven at worked with restricted finance.

At no point during that press conference did Warnock once make it about himself, he talked about how his experience in management evolved the same way Paul Wotton's is now, he talked about how he'd helped and advised Paul Wotton before and is here do so when needed, but made it clear PW is in charge of team affairs. Having Neil Warnock around is going to be invaluable, not just to advise the board but also PW and help guide the club the times, where by it will hit a brick wall on and off the field, I, for the life can't see why anyone would be concerned about Neil Warnock's involvement.

Also with Neil Warnock we have someone at the club who can pick up the phone and ring any club for a loan player, if and when needed and secure a decent loan, with the parent club happy in the knowledge their player is going to be well looked after.

Totally agree with Southampton Gull, jeez, the day has come that I, we all thought never would, we have our club back, this great club of ours will not drop any lower, there are only better days ahead, how can we not be happy about that, said it before, us fans now have an opportunity to back the clubs new owners, and help build something really special here, possibly bigger and better than we've seen in our recent history, you can do that as an exile by buying a season ticket 'if' you can afford to do so, or as a local attending every game, win, lose or draw, the club will get there quicker with backing, however we will need a take the rough with the smooth, which I don't mind now we're owned by genuine fans.

Encourage friends to come along, a mate of mine has got a Brentford fan hooked, and I've sold the club to a Doncaster Rovers fan who's moved into the area, can only see better days ahead.
Formerly known as forevertufc
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 17 May 2024, 13:44 I'm not sure why anyone would feel any negativity about what's already happening in such a short space of time. After the last several years of impending doom I'm feeling very positive about the future. Does anyone else feel the same?
I've read elsewhere that when Michael Westcott moved back to South Devon he was considering approaching the Osborne owned club to see if he could offer any help and then out of the blue the opportunity came to buy the club. A little later he was on a train when he happened to bump into Neil Warnock. It feels like a fairy story come true.
Ever since Thea Bristow dropped the baton this has felt like a zombie club, it barely survived under the Dave Phillips regime (although they are not the villains some paint them as) and under Osborne you knew the club had no future, Gary Johnson or no Gary Johnson.
Now incredibly we have hope and a future and a lot of it is down to Michael Westcott's own good fortune.
To those who feel underwhelmed by Paul Wotton's appointment just remember Frank O'Farrrell came from Southern League Weymouth and Leroy Rosenior from Merthyr Tydfil.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

The last week couldn’t have been better, when you think we could actually no longer have had a club. To think we have Warnock onboard with all the football know how and contacts that brings.

He’s working for free, so his visits may be few and far between, he’s expressed that his management days are over. Laughable that some are trying to make something out of nothing, why all the secrecy if he was in fact actually in charge?

I only imagine he could take over for a short interim spell if things don’t work out with Paul and we end up needing another manager. Nothing more!

Great to see we have repaired the relationship with Exeter City as well.

It’s been one of the most positive weeks here for years.
TommyGunn
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TommyGunn »

There is a rumour on exweb that Ben Seymour is joining us???????
TommyGunn
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TommyGunn »

Warnock on Torquay sky sports :bow:

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

TommyGunn wrote: 17 May 2024, 20:01 Warnock on Torquay sky sports :bow:
I was sat with some Saints supporting mates at the pub last night and really enjoyed the exposure for us through Neil Warnock. It was nice to hear him speak of his love for the club and also mention the great support we have. It just keeps getting better after all the negatives of the years under Osborne and his cronies. Like a breath of fresh air.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

:goodpost: I'm cock-a-hoop with the news over the last ten days. Can't wait for the season to begin.....
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

The Great Muta! wrote: 17 May 2024, 13:05 So fans on this site have mentioned Luke Young joining us, dropping in Junior Hoilett, banging on about Warnock and his contacts thinking league 1 players will be joining us.....I happen to mention something and it's laughable??....you need to call somebody....
enjoy your negativity :-D
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 18 May 2024, 12:19 enjoy your negativity :-D
Negativity??, you being serious??, you think we'll sign Luke Young and Hoilett?, is that me being negative if I think that won't happen, or is it me being negative for wanting Paul Wotton to run the show and for him and him only to be doing things his way?....like I say and I'll repeat Incase you didn't take it onboard, you need to call somebody...
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Little anecdote about Neil Warnock - we were on holiday a couple of weeks ago and the place has a soccer pitch for the staff and they have a league between some of the different resorts. They’d recently upgraded to astroturf and they’d completed the work while Neil Warnock was staying there - apparently Neil had spoken to the resort manager and asked whether they would let him officially open the new pitch, which of course they did and it was clear to everyone there just how much he loved the game and what a nice bloke he was.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

The Great Muta! wrote: 18 May 2024, 15:09 Negativity??, you being serious??, you think we'll sign Luke Young and Hoilett?, is that me being negative if I think that won't happen, or is it me being negative for wanting Paul Wotton to run the show and for him and him only to be doing things his way?....like I say and I'll repeat Incase you didn't take it onboard, you need to call somebody...
Who you gonna call Unitedindevon???

Kenty in Weardale
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Kenty in Weardale »

I'm sorry if you are all aware of this but I haven't seen it on your forum but you do know that you are still under a Transfer Embargo and thus cannot sign new players or offer new contracts to existing ones aren't you?

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/ar ... 709?page=0
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Kenty in Weardale wrote: 18 May 2024, 18:12 I'm sorry if you are all aware of this but I haven't seen it on your forum but you do know that you are still under a Transfer Embargo and thus cannot sign new players or offer new contracts to existing ones aren't you?

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/ar ... 709?page=0
Interesting. Thanks for this