Gary Johnson, stick or twist?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Do you support GJ?

Poll ended at 17 Jan 2023, 14:06

Yes - keep him
52%
No - get rid
48%

Total votes: 69

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

GullsUnited wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 21:58 I imagine anyone would ignore fans who are chanting that they want him out, can't really be surprised with the reaction
He needs us on his side,all things considered.....He is fortunate that we are so passive.......and only a small number making there feelings known,
which they are entitled to. Loyal support home and especially away should be appreciated.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

What an absolutely disgusting thing to say... Not!!

Quite laughable that his detractors would find that short statement so hurtful. Looks like half who voted on here feel insulted. Good!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

i dont think GJ does himself any favours by running away at FT when we draw or lose

Has the ego to take the applause on a win (albeit only once at home in the league this season) but not the tescticles to at least acknowledge travelling fans
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 22:15 i dont think GJ does himself any favours by running away at FT when we draw or lose

Has the ego to take the applause on a win (albeit only once at home in the league this season) but not the tescticles to at least acknowledge travelling fans
Again, why would you go and approach fans who are shouting abuse at you and wanting you sacked? It makes no sense
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

I am With the club ..always will be it is why I am a season ticket holder and attend games and support the club,
I am Against an experienced Manager who has past his sell by date, who should appreciate the clubs supporters and has recruited badly and put
us in the shameful position we are currently in........P 25 W 4 D7 LOST 15 that is not laughable to me.
However it might be to the ones that do not attend matches and see the Dross and same mistakes made week in week out.
I will be there saturday COYY
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

GullsUnited wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 22:16

Again, why would you go and approach fans who are shouting abuse at you and wanting you sacked? It makes no sense
It seems to me that certain morons within our fan base will use anything to try and make their case that he should go. Shameful.
Dave

GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Southampton Gull wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 22:23 It seems to me that certain morons within our fan base will use anything to try and make their case that he should go. Shameful.
If people want him to go then that's fine, that is their opinion and although I may not respect their opinion, it is what it is.

What bugs me is people expecting the manager and players to just take their abuse every game, if someone did this to them at their work then they'd kick off worse than GJ does.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

GullsUnited wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 22:16 Again, why would you go and approach fans who are shouting abuse at you and wanting you sacked? It makes no sense
GJ has done this pretty for the last couple of seasons, not just in recent times
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

UnitedinDevon wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 22:44

GJ has done this pretty for the last couple of seasons, not just in recent times
You can't blame him for his looks 😉
Dave

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Southampton Gull wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 22:23 It seems to me that certain morons within our fan base will use anything to try and make their case that he should go. Shameful.
The only thing shameful is clearly the sad situation this wonderful club find themselves in 🙄
Take a look at the league table
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Amazing what a signing can do to the poll.

I voted to remove GJ because I have no faith in his Backroom staff.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Best bit of social engineering I have seen for some time, how a manager can go from loser to hero in one week according to a poll when he hasnt won a game since 1876 just shows that anything of value can be skewed , especially by those running a suppposed web site for fans. This will come back to haunt you.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

DevonBee wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 06:55 The only thing shameful is clearly the sad situation this wonderful club find themselves in 🙄
Take a look at the league table
Torquay Dis United. At every level, including this forum. Such a shame
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

culmstockgull wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 09:23 Best bit of social engineering I have seen for some time, how a manager can go from loser to hero in one week according to a poll when he hasnt won a game since 1876 just shows that anything of value can be skewed , especially by those running a suppposed web site for fans. This will come back to haunt you.
Wouldn’t call a split vote a hero. Stop looking for conspiracies. Bloody hell I have a demanding job and family life, rigging a crappy poll is not a thrill in my life.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Louis wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 10:02 Wouldn’t call a split vote a hero. Stop looking for conspiracies. Bloody hell I have a demanding job and family life, rigging a crappy poll is not a thrill in my life.
Maybe 50/50 would be a good time to end the ‘crappy poll’ and put an end to all the needless bickering.