New Signing - Ricky Aguiar

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Sorry,I thought this was a platform to express your views?, I must be mistaken.You can or anyone can disagree with me, that's fine, totally get that, but I've never claimed once to of managed, most fans are the same, but there's no need for the sarcasm/pseudo intellectual vibes from yourself, trying to be clever, with lines about me not managing,
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Could be a good signing, could be poor. We just don’t know with these young players! Hope he hits the ground running.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Marquee loan signing 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

So I am thinking this is a choice now of 9 players that can play in the midfield
Lapslie, Hall.....the walking wounded and our very own Dads Army who are both unable to complete a run of games.
Hanson, Mc Gavin...... 2 of the M signings Lol.......neither up for the fight and Aguiar coming in proves this
Evans....came with high hopes, his career has gone backwards here in my opinion
Wearne...winger / midfield....not half the player from his previous stint here sadly, probably looked better with CLE and Little around him
Wyatt, Donnellan....forced to play wherever needed and done ok Donnellan at RB a better proposition
Martin.....a desperate loss to us

Also 2 out on loan...Moyes and Winsor
That is a team of midfielders......why so many ? and our survival hopes are pinned on a 21 year old for a crucial month ahead..Frightening
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Southampton Gull wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 19:53 Marquee loan signing 😉
Yes it is Marquee :lol: or is it a One Man tent like the previous signings ?

As Johnson has stated.....He is the right player,at the right place,at the right time. Ricky has got the ability to score goals, with a good touch
and a good football brain and will be very important to our cause.

I sincerely hope so.........or this comment like his 'Marquee' one will end up biting him again.

Brain in gear springs to mind
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 19:27 Sorry,I thought this was a platform to express your views?, I must be mistaken.You can or anyone can disagree with me, that's fine, totally get that, but I've never claimed once to of managed, most fans are the same, but there's no need for the sarcasm/pseudo intellectual vibes from yourself, trying to be clever, with lines about me not managing,
Not trying to be clever in the slightest, every post you're negative and constantly moaning about signings, you couldn't do any better yet run your mouth like you know what's best for this team, in reality you spend your time on this site being miserable and knocking players before they've even kicked a ball for us.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Not true at all, every post I'm negative?, I don't think so, you know that you were trying to be clever, who has managed before?, So because I haven't I can't express an opinion?, Or because it's different to yours, you aren't happy?, Ive tried to remain positive believe it or not, but it's hard to be right now, let me ask you something, what is YOUR answer to this situation?,
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

There is little point in sacking the manager now, no one who is any good will take us on in this position.

Unless you have a budget to bring in players permanently you have to resign yourself to picking from loans or free agents on the short term which is going to be hit and miss because the good/great players have already been signed on.

What you don't do is already call someone an awful signing when they have yet to kick the ball yet.

As said before, you can have an opinion, I can also say that your opinion is moronic.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

GullsUnited, point taken👍, I get what you're saying, just a lot of frustration right now, seeing the plight of the club, I'll back down and give Ricky a chance, and retract my views until he's played a good few games, just a shame Yeovil can get Maguire Drew, we are struggling, I understand household names aren't really on the cards, just a tad underwhelmed by today's news, but I'll hold my hands up and admit to being wrong.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 20:49 GullsUnited, point taken👍, I get what you're saying, just a lot of frustration right now, seeing the plight of the club, I'll back down and give Ricky a chance, and retract my views until he's played a good few games, just a shame Yeovil can get Maguire Drew, we are struggling, I understand household names aren't really on the cards, just a tad underwhelmed by today's news, but I'll hold my hands up and admit to being wrong.
Maguire Drew is a loanee from Grimsby, he does look quality. Shame we could not of got him, and I wonder why he chose Yeovil ?
Wearne is down the pecking order at Grimsby when they both return thats for sure
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Just to upset you a little more, rumour has it we’re signing a very young lad from Cardiff - James Crole.
The gulls are going up
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

gullno4 wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 17:19 Just to upset you a little more, rumour has it we’re signing a very young lad from Cardiff - James Crole.
A striker to add to an attacking midfielder, but who has left us? Ellis obviously, but does this mean Goodwin has gone as well?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

If it is James Crole he is extremely highly rated and some Cardiff fans want him in their first team. Nearly 19 and a top drawer finisher. Just what we need ! But......it's a bit different in the National League to under 23/21 football. Still maybe he'll be as good as Rhys Healey who seems to be doing very at Toulouse 36 goals in 68 games
Still won't believe it though if he doesn't sign a centre back to replace Ellis
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Goodwin was on loan until January, so I imagine that it's not been extended

Think its a wise move
simjones1980
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by simjones1980 »

Swindon Manager and first team coach left to take over at Crawley….the fact we have him for just 1 month, possibly doesn’t bode well for an extension as hoped.

I’d imagine that any new manager will want the players there to assess initially. 😩