Friday Travel

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Chris, use the pub car park near the ground, only costs a fiver and we've never had any problems getting in and out. Decent pub as well.

I can't remember the name but I'm sure someone will.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

Chris B wrote:I seem to remember seeing a hotel mentioned in another thread, but does anyone who has been to Greenhous Meadow before (or STFC fans) have any suggestions for parking on Friday night?
If you get there early enough the closest pub (5 mins walk from ground) - The Brooklands - has parking for a fiver. I'm not too sure about other places as I've never parked before a match, but there are park-and-rides and also some people park on the retail park car parks (you run the risk of getting ticketed but according to some people if you just ignore it you won't get forced to pay - but that's not direct from me).

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/shrewsbury_town/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

That's the one, The Brooklands :-D
Dave

numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

How early is early?
TUST #324
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

numpte wrote:How early is early?
Well as I live a couple of minutes walk from it I've never had to drive. But from drinking in there I'd say for a big game if you were to get there an hour before kick-off you'd be fine. That's obviously not early if you want a few pints but as it's a work day I'm not sure what time you'll be leaving Torquay. May be worth ringing them up - 01743 344 270.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

numpte wrote:How early is early?
Before 2pm on thursday :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Friday night pint night.

5.30 ish should be ok then, I have a strategically placed meeting in the midlands on Friday. COYY!!
TUST #324
MattSTFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jake Robinson ;)

Post by MattSTFC »

Victor Kasule wrote:If you get there early enough the closest pub (5 mins walk from ground) - The Brooklands - has parking for a fiver.
:-o

Bloody hell Victor, if you can do that in 5 minutes you've certainly not lost any of that blistering pace you used to have down the wing! ;-)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Does this pub have a big car park, then?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Yes :)
Dave

MattSTFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jake Robinson ;)

Post by MattSTFC »

NickGull wrote:Does this pub have a big car park, then?
It does, i've tried to find a figure but couldn't. There is also Pritchards Van Hire opposite who charge the same price for matchday parking.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

About 100 spaces Nick http://www.footballgroundguide.com/shre ... To%20Drink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
As for the 5min walk I agree with MattSTFC. Took longer than that, but then us shorties do take smaller steps :)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Good. Will be leaving here at around 2.30/3 so should get there for 6.30ish, traffic depending. Used the shuttle buses from Shirehall earlier in the year, but we had to wait 30 minutes for a bus afterwards. Don't fancy that again, especially with an extra few thousand added onto the capacity!
brumgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by brumgull »

Are the seats still remaining? could u give me and my friend a lift to the train station after the game?
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Thanks for the advice Dave, VK and others.

Hoping to get to Shrewsbury in good time on Friday, so hopefully there'll be a space at The Brooklands waiting for us!