BIZZARE POSTINGS

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

BIZZARE POSTINGS

Post by dawlishmatt »

No this post isn't about the ramblings of Southampton Gull or SNW ( i love those two ), rather it's about two videos released by Torquay United over the last 2 days. Yesterday we had the release of " De Silva and Okoli raring to go" and this afternoon " Quickfire questions: pineapple on pizza". It's blatantly obvious that these videos, and i expect more in the next few days, are a attempt to deflect the serious problems that the club have on the pitch away from supporters minds with this rubbish. Come on George Edwards, as a football fan you can do better than this. Perhaps you can concentrate on the crisis at the club. Why not interview and make a video concerning Uncle Clarke?
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

I'd imagine there's no calculated plan to use this type of content to distract. I dont think anyone is using the pineapple on pizza debate to throw a deadcat on a table. I think its the efforts of whoever looks after TUFC's online content to produce some kind of engaging content for a specific audience. Given current position though it would be timely to have some form of fans forum to hear from the owners and the manager and not on the subject of pineapple on pizza
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Definition of a news vacuum, answer, Torquay United,certainly in relation to engagement with the fans, its easy to imagine all sorts of things, the united social media team who I believe are volunteers must be tearing their hair out looking for a story to put on the Torquay page and perhaps pizza's are the best they can come up with.
I have said this before but being full time does not mean professional and that is so true of United, the manager cannot be interviewed by anyone that might ask him a question he does not know the answer to, we have players signed for a week on loan that are not announced until an hour before kick off where due to the current ticketing arrangements can have no positive effect on the crowd.
On a personal level ,six weeks ago I asked for a refund on my seasons cost of the in house commentaries, not much money I know but it was so poor and kept going off line because the string kept breaking between the two cans, so they were not supplying what they promised, I have asked them nicely, two more weeks then its off to the county court, I will not waste my time trying to get them to answer the phone.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Can’t see point in taking the club you support to court, if that’s what you are going to do. How does that help? We are all pissed off but give your head a wobble.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Oct 2022, 19:17 Definition of a news vacuum, answer, Torquay United,certainly in relation to engagement with the fans, its easy to imagine all sorts of things, the united social media team who I believe are volunteers must be tearing their hair out looking for a story to put on the Torquay page and perhaps pizza's are the best they can come up with.
I have said this before but being full time does not mean professional and that is so true of United, the manager cannot be interviewed by anyone that might ask him a question he does not know the answer to, we have players signed for a week on loan that are not announced until an hour before kick off where due to the current ticketing arrangements can have no positive effect on the crowd.
On a personal level ,six weeks ago I asked for a refund on my seasons cost of the in house commentaries, not much money I know but it was so poor and kept going off line because the string kept breaking between the two cans, so they were not supplying what they promised, I have asked them nicely, two more weeks then its off to the county court, I will not waste my time trying to get them to answer the phone.

Are you okay in the head? How much can the yearly commentary be? A county court will laugh in your face and continue laughing until you wall out of court
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Forest gull wrote: 14 Oct 2022, 17:30 Can’t see point in taking the club you support to court, if that’s what you are going to do. How does that help? We are all pissed off but give your head a wobble.
Talking about taking the club to court brings back memories of a situation that happened at the club in the 1990s. A friend of mine's son was an apprentice at the club. At the time the club had a player who came from London. Rumours started circulating around the club that some players were taking illegal drugs supplied by this individual. At the time i seriously thought of selling my story to the national press, i had a lot of evidence, but decided not to sell my story because of the effect my story would have on my beloved football club. Many supporters were surprised when the end of season retained list was released and several good players were shown the door including this player who won player of the year.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Not really bizarre, it's standard weekly posting at the minute on the clubs social media page, I don't think the in house team are going to start slating the team

The only bizarre post I see is a guy wanting to take legal action against a club he supports over £20 rather than try and deal with it sensibly
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

somersetgull wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 09:23 So pretty much like every other football, cricket, rugby etc etc team in the country I suspect. Would have been laughed at by the newspapers as everybody knows.this is the norm. I'm quite sure injunctions would be issued as is the case of homosexual male players, it's quite normal just not printed.

Please don't tell me you think this story is unusual.

You can't be all that stupid and live under a stone.
Interesting comments Somersetgull. Can you please explain that when i phoned both the News of the World newspaper and the Sun, why they offered me ten grand and five grand if I named the club and the players involved?
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

somersetgull wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 11:19 Lol that's funny. Of course they did. And it would have been printed as.front page news blimey....
Next you'll be saying Dan Sturbridge, Andy Carroll,Nile Ranger,Jofra Archer have/had real injuries 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway back on topic.....

YouTube is aimed at 8-14 year olds so the postings are fine and will be watched.

More than listening to old men talking about football.
A wise man once said " never try to reason with an idiot, they will just bring you down to their level ". How true the wise man's words are.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

dawlishmatt wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 13:37 A wise man once said " never try to reason with an idiot, they will just bring you down to their level ". How true the wise man's words are.
Standard operating procedure here - someone disagrees with this guy - calls them an idiot :zzz:
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Unitedindevon, hi. In answer to your post I have not called anyone an idiot. I have merely quoted a well known saying. Regarding my post of Drug taking at the club 30 years ago, don't believe me? That's fine, most of the rubbish that people post on here i don't believe. May I suggest that anyone who attends games at plainmoor, go to Boots and laces or whatever the place is now called and speak to the Matchday manager John Turner. He was assistant manager at the club when these rumours first came out.
When Uncle Clarke took over ownership of the club, many well known people on this forum posted that Geoff Harrop was employed by Osborne because his daughter was going out with Osborne's son. I also remember that Harrop and also Gary Owers were employed by the owner because they lived next door to Osborne. The difference is that i have proof.