FA Trophy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

FA Trophy

Post by North Curry House »

The draw for the FA Trophy is tomorrow lunchtime, I hope we get a top National League side. I do not want to be drawn against Plymouth Parkway, Truro or Tiverton - all of whom, would fancy their chances against us.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I think any team of whatever ability would be confident of beating the current Torquay United first team.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

With promotion not a prospect I hope we make an effort in the Trophy. If Hornchurch can win it so can we.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

standupsitdown wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 20:36 With promotion not a prospect I hope we make an effort in the Trophy. If Hornchurch can win it so can we.
I admire your confidence
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Away to Tonbridge Angels!

The only possible draw I DID NOT WANT!

My home-town team against my adopted 2nd Team (ST holder at Longmead for quite a few seasons since moving up to Kent in the 90s).

Hope they're doing half-and-half scarfs for this one!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

United62 wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 13:11 Away to Tonbridge Angels!

My home-town team against my adopted 2nd Team (ST holder at Longmead for quite a few seasons since moving up to Kent in the 90s).

Well, whatever the result, you’re guaranteed an interest in the next round.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

United62 wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 13:11 Away to Tonbridge Angels!

With your inside knowledge can you please keep us updated on match details and ticket information. Thanks 💛
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Nick Potkins wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 15:52 With your inside knowledge can you please keep us updated on match details and ticket information. Thanks 💛
Looks quite a small ground. Can I park nearby? Will there be segregation as most NLS clubs didn't bother a few years ago!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

As yet, no mention if it's going to be an all-ticket match. The Angels play local rivals Maidstone on Boxing Day and that is all-ticket and segregated so I'm guessing the board at Longmead will look at this game in the same way (not the local rivals bit, but being a big game with a larger-than-usual away contingent).

Yep, it's a small ground, capacity is c.3,000 with approx 760 seats. There is ample parking right outside the ground in a free car park. If that's full, then there is plenty of street parking nearby.

Once the info re tickets is published on the Angels' website, I'll update on here.

https://www.tonbridgeangels.co.uk/
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

DB57 wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 15:49Well, whatever the result, you’re guaranteed an interest in the next round.
Very true DB57! ... it'll be a strange one after watching the Angels beat the Gulls (Canvey Island variety) 1-0 in the FA Trophy on Saturday and then watching the Angels play the Gulls (the Riviera variety) in the FA Trophy on the 18th.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Online tickets have gone on sale for this game.

https://www.tonbridgeangels.co.uk/buy-tickets

No mention as to whether it's all-ticket or segregated so I'm guessing the Longmead board are hoping that the Yellow Army are a well-behaved bunch!

Of course we are!
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Got my ticket, COYY.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Was at Longmead last night to watch a bore-fest 0-0 v St Albans.

There was no mention of the Torquay game being segregated or all-ticket. If it's the usual, then it'll be pay on the day (cash/card or pre-purchased ticket) and stand/sit where you like.

There's a club bar (all welcome - well it usually is depending on the visitors) and also a large marquee behind the North Stand which is normally open for a bevvy or two on match days.

If it's going to be a large crowd (and there's no reason why it wouldn't be) then I would suggest that anyone attending arrive a bit earlier than normal as the seats are (usually) first come first served and the only covered terracing is behind both goals... other than that, if you're a short-arse like me, you'll need to bring an orange crate as well as your club rattle and yellow/blue jokers hat... and a brolly.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

I sent an E mail to Tonbridge asking if segregation was planned before getting my tickets. Very polite e mail back stating they are a friendly and welcoming club and they only segregate fans on police advice. Our game will have no segregation but the Maidstone one a week or so later will!!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

fred wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 17:11 I sent an E mail to Tonbridge asking if segregation was planned before getting my tickets. Very polite e mail back stating they are a friendly and welcoming club and they only segregate fans on police advice. Our game will have no segregation but the Maidstone one a week or so later will!!
Considering that when we visited Maidstone, the local police advice was for segregation, this seems a strange decision, but not unwelcome.