Transfer talk.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Suggests here that Whitfield isn’t in Bradford’s plans.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... ity-plans/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 18:20 He failed his medical
Did he? I was aware a deal had been done but that, of course, would be subject to a medical. Do we know of or the extent of the injury that would fail a medical.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

yeovilgull wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 19:28 Suggests here that Whitfield isn’t in Bradford’s plans.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... ity-plans/
and it suggests in the link below he is - both are by opinion columnists and neither offer an official club statement to back the opinions up. He was in Bradfords plans initially but if as suggested he has failed the medical then we are now in a different ball park.

Even on the Bantam Fans Forum there was acceptance that he was signing for them,

I was made aware deal was 'agreed' but guess no deal is complete until the ink had dried.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bradf ... -attacker/
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

The Bradford daily newspaper said that Bradford City would not be signing Ben Whitfield.
simjones1980
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by simjones1980 »

I see Boreham Wood have signed Josh Rees, likely option geographically after leaving Aldershot I guess. They have also signed a further 3 players, one of which being a Bromley player all on 2-3 year contracts. It just underlines the competitiveness of the league next year with them throwing a bit of money and lengthy contracts around. Despite being out of the mix this year they will be another club looking to make the playoffs.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Interesting listening to the weekly podcast that Cameron nearly left in January. I wonder where he was going?
It also sounds like McDonald is going as well
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Seems pretty certain Whitfield will unfortunately be on his way from the rumours
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Kingsgull83 »

And it looks like Armani is staying. Pleased with this, he is potentially a very good player for this level
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 21:41 Interesting listening to the weekly podcast that Cameron nearly left in January. I wonder where he was going?
It also sounds like McDonald is going as well
During their time in Torquay at least, Macdonald and Cameron have always been tight. From the same ends.

Would often see them out and about in Torquay together, and shared the same digs at times.

Not saying it means much, but maybe McDonald is more inclined to move on if his bestie has done one
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 22:01 Seems pretty certain Whitfield will unfortunately be on his way from the rumours
I've no doubt about this. Bradford is his local team and the team he'd love to play for. Hope for him he can. The medical issues may prevent that move, but other teams would take him if not. Either way, a move is on.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 22:01 Seems pretty certain Whitfield will unfortunately be on his way from the rumours
It's seems clear he doesn't want to stay so best for everyone that he moves on. GJ I would imagine is planning for next season with that in mind.
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

Can’t blame any player for wanting to better themselves, the best summer signing has been GJ signing his contract and whilst he remains then I know we will have a promotion capable winning team.

Hats off to Clarke Osbourne and George Edwards also
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

smw1989 wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 11:10 Can’t blame any player for wanting to better themselves, the best summer signing has been GJ signing his contract and whilst he remains then I know we will have a promotion capable winning team.

Hats off to Clarke Osbourne and George Edwards also

Agreed but I would just like to see one or two new names appearing as additions to the squad.
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

I see Frank Vincent has signed a 2-year deal with Notts County.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Uptongull wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 15:35 I see Frank Vincent has signed a 2-year deal with Notts County.

Thought he was good for us. Looks like Notts county are going for it next season? Come on GJ.