Boreham Wood v Torquay United 14/3/20 (GAME OFF)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Jackson is fit & available. Goes straight back in the side for me. been unreal recently
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Apart from a handful of away games we just haven't performed away from home. I cant remember anybody posting that in defeat we had played well this season. Its about time we produced a performance for our travelling fans. Its about time some of our players stood up and at least give 100% effort.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

SBP wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 10:13 Apart from a handful of away games we just haven't performed away from home. I cant remember anybody posting that in defeat we had played well this season. Its about time we produced a performance for our travelling fans. Its about time some of our players stood up and at least give 100% effort.
I remember travelling away in the late 70's and early 80's. Believe it, or not, the results and performance were far worse. :~D I think we were all masochists at that time. :scarf:
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

For me Grockle i expect 100% effort and at least trying, i can accept being beaten by a better team as long as we do our best and put the effort in. Too many times this season we have been bullied and out worked.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

I quite agree. When the players don't seem interested, it can be very annoying. I sometimes wish we had a team full of Keatings. He always tried his best while playing for us, even though not the most gifted.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

SBP wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 10:13 Apart from a handful of away games we just haven't performed away from home. I cant remember anybody posting that in defeat we had played well this season. Its about time we produced a performance for our travelling fans. Its about time some of our players stood up and at least give 100% effort.
I have to say that we played well at Barrow.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

As pro football has now been suspended until early April, are we on or off, the announcement only mentioned league clubs.
Tommy17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tommy17 »

National League board having a meeting today.
I think it will be only a matter of time.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Maybe they can decide whether it's 3 or 4 to get relegated as well!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

National League say all matches on this weekend.
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

No tweet from Boreham Wood or Torquay..... interesting, considering Gary did not want to play and they’ve not travelled up yet. Maybe they’re in talks with The board?
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:32 I have to say that we played well at Barrow.

That was one of the handful i was thinking about SNW
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Match postponed tomorrow.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Harrogate v sollhull also off, Harrogate have four members of staff in isolation, not long before the National League will have to follow the rest.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Met the Stockport County lads this morning whilst having breakfast at the Hilton at Heathrow - they were very surprised that the National League games have been allowed to continue.

I spoke with one of their coaching staff about our performances against them this season and he described us as ‘the most inconsistent team in the league’ - he said the whole team were shocked to beat us so comprehensively having previously lost 4-0 to us earlier in the season