woodwork

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

woodwork

Post by bixieupnorth »

the unofficial total from david thomas is that we hit the woodwork 34 times this season, and only once did we covert the rebound, thats an amazing stat!!

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/tufc/ ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

and the fact that 16 different players have managed the feat is even more incredible!
still keeping the faith
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I read this earlier, and dispute 2 of the stats!

I don't believe we hit the woodwork 4 times at Southend in August. I think we hit it twice, once through Ellis in the first half (and even then that was the outside of the angle of post and bar), and once in the second half through Gritton.

Which leads me on to my second dispute - after Gritton hit the post, Zebroski took a touch to steady himself and bury the rebound. At least thats how I remembered it anyway. Anyone else go to that game? I really cannot remember us hitting the woodwork any more times, although we did test their keeper a couple of times.

As soon as I was reading through it I figured Stockport was going to be mentioned, as that was the only clear cut rebound we've scored. It is an amazing record, and I just hope we make the playoffs in spite of it, rather than miss out because.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Didn't Danny Stevens score from a rebound after Pringle hit the woodwork in a home game? Obviously I wasn't there but remember it roughly from the highlights and commentary at the time.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Gulliball wrote:Didn't Danny Stevens score from a rebound after Pringle hit the woodwork in a home game? Obviously I wasn't there but remember it roughly from the highlights and commentary at the time.
Yes - and it was a screamer too against Stevenage I think. I wasn't there, only saw it on the FLS. Can't remember if a defender half cleared it though?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Cheers, just had a re-watch on Gulls Player. There's a half-clearing header between the efforts, but as there's five and a half seconds between the crossbar being hit and Danny scoring I think it should count as a rebound.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
BernardB
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BernardB »

For me the question is how many matches have we won when we've hit the woodwork. I don't recall any!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The woodwork . . . mmm . . . yes . . . I see it now.

It looks like we'll have to hit it a few hundred times more before we get the louse-se support to come out of it and worm its way up to Plainmoor.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"