Yeovil vs Torquay United Boxing Day '19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I think all talk and rumours about Reid means diddlysquat, he goes or he stays , matters not, he is not the issue, our defence is, losing a left back to a bad injury, while a problem should not mean the other three cannot function, for the last three seasons to my knowledge we have lost a left or right back to a bad injury, have we considered having a utility player, no off course we haven't, but we can have the luxury of seven/eight midfielders in the squad. First rule of winning a football match is the opposition must not score, after that you can worry about manufacturing something. We on the other hand have placed so much pressure on Reid to score that when he doesn't we lose regardless. In our squad the only competition for places is midfield, everything else normally picks itself from what we have left. I do agree with the comments that our goalkeeping coach and the position of assistant manager should be done away with, the former has no quality and the latter well I am not sure what he does, after all Todd seems to be at every match, the revenue saved would be of benefit to the squad. While I am at it, why did the precious little darlings have to have the expense of an overnight stay for the game at Yeovil, Its only 90 minutes on the coach, they are hardly likely to get deep vein thrombosis in that time.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

They didnt have an overnight stay only pre match meal.
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

I’ve had it confirmed by a player Reid and Niate were fully fit yesterday, the gaffer just didn’t pick them.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Reidy28 wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 17:21 I’ve had it confirmed by a player Reid and Niate were fully fit yesterday, the gaffer just didn’t pick them.
Who confirmed it, your sister?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

i was brought up a catholic and was comfirmed at st josephs church, Newton Abbot when i was 7 years old !!!!!!!!!!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

The BBC commentators did say yesterday that Reid was rested rather than injured.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

When you look back all the managers have had bad times through the years it's how you come out of them when it counts. :keepie:
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

Just did some number crunching. The 2017/18 season when we were relegated, we conceded 73 goals. We have conceded 52 goals to date. We have 19 league fixtures left. We will match that total if we concede 1.1 goals per game between now and the end of the season...
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

And the number of goals scored - you maybe haven't analysed that into your doomsday scenario.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dazza wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 19:52 And the number of goals scored - y you maybe haven't analysed that into [highlight=yellow]your doomsday scenario.[/highlight]
Well Dazza, there's always more than one on here......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 17:58 Who confirmed it, your sister?
Niate told me via Instagram, that Himself and Reid were in fact fit and ready for selection yesterday. Gary just chose not to pick them.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Hopefully Reid was being saved for the more winnable Woking game and not for a transfer.
JSP
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JSP »

Looking at the highlights macdonald should have done better on there first few goals
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Reidy28 wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 21:15 Niate told me via Instagram, that Himself and Reid were in fact fit and ready for selection yesterday. Gary just chose not to pick them.
Niate’s performances have been poor so I understand leaving him out, but Reid...surely can only mean that his January deal has already been done?