Bromley v Torquay United 10/8/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Shaun.
Form is temporary mate Class is permanent, I still believe in you.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Good away point!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Excellent point away in hurricane conditions on a plastic pitch.
Football should be played on grass.
Well done to the lads and Gary Johnson.
Roll on Tuesday. COYY.
JSP
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JSP »

Before the game I would’ve taken a draw against probably a play off contender however I wouldn’t have taken to way we lost. Defensively , we’ve conceded 3 again which has to change. To me it sounded like Shaun made a few errors and could see him being dropped. I did have doubts about Niate however it sounded like he had a good second half. On Tuesday i expect improvement at the back and most importantly the three points .
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Context folks, game three of a very long season, and as Johnson has stated we have one of the hardest set of games of any team in August for this division.
Mcdonald is only 22 and is usually a reliable but not outstanding stopper with the occasional rush of blood to the head which unfortunately of late has cost us inportant goals , I hope he will grow out of that but perhaps our Brazilian import should get a run so that we fickle supporters can all say please bring back McDonald.
Bromley were there for the taking. they did not beat us, we nearly beat ourselves with inept defending all across the back. I know we have two experienced players on the verge of fitness and goodness do we need them. Midfield needs sorting, we can only have one play maker and the others must adapt to his playbook not go off doing their own thing because they believe they know better.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

If there was a gale force wind blowing it's ridiculous to blame MacDonald especially for the direct corner goal. He will be playing Tuesday.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

It looks like we are in for an interesting season. It looks like a Paul buckle team, concede plenty and score bucket loads. At least whatever happens this season, we're in for lot's of entertainment.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Let's get a few things cleared up, it's early doors and maybe not quite the start we wanted. Over the next month we will see more players in and out. Our PROMOTION WINNING TEAM, are finding their feet in the next league up and the team is still taking shape. In Gary I trust.
Turning to goal keepers Lucas Covolan played for my home club Worthing FC last year. I understand from mates who played with him he's good and was destined for higher leagues, but this is a huge step up, he's not the answer, just a cover keeper in my view.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Bar 3 giveaways (set pieces) I thought we were the better side and played the conditions better. Would like to see the goals again but Niate had a great dominating game in open play (can’t be sure who was at fault for the set prices until I see it again)
It was ridiculously windy though, anyone who ever played at the top of easterfield lane in October/ November would get an idea. Don’t think you can blame macca for the corner because of that. Evans is too good for this division by a mile.
2 of our goals were excellent, and thank god we scored a penalty!
Good away following even if it’s now on the open terrace side and I’m sure everyone is feeling the weathered look tonight.
If we can tighten up a little at the back we’ll do well.
TUST #324
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Gale force wind or not I've just seen the goals on the tv and Macdonald is at fault for al three goals - he should have come and gathered the first one as well.

Plain fact is that the opposition keepers are not making errors whilst ours is. I have no idea how good the other keeper is but hes bigger than Macdonald for starters.

It may well be that he keeps his place but I reckon hes under pressure because there is no way that Johnson is going to tolerate the errors we have seen from him in the past two games. Windy or not he needs to do far better than he did today - we should have won this game easily.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

A little thing called concentration. 1st goal conceded from their first free kick, less than 2 mins on clock. 2nd goal conceded less than 2 mins before half-time, when we should be trying to see the half out. 3rd goal conceded less than 2 mins after we had gone in front, which everyone knows is when you are most vulnerable.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Indirect free kicks 7 yards out are notoriously difficult to convert, but it would help if the ref made all the defenders line up on the goal line instead of 3 yards in front of it! :rules: :)
Awfulauntie
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Cameron

Post by Awfulauntie »

It was a hard slog as a supporter in the windy conditions, never mind playing! Keep in mind it was the same keeper that helped get us promoted!
The referee either missed or ignored some of the play that he should have addressed, hand ball, bad tackles to name a couple and at at one point failed to control a situation at the goal mouth.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Looking at the table, TUFC(13th) are top of the bottom half, behind Yeovil(12th) who are bottom of the top half. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

As said before, good point today!! Played 3, won 1 drawn 1, lost 1. A win on Tuesday and it will be a good start to the season!!! Let's not all start panicking about our players who got us up last year.. Hopefully GJ will stick with the same team for Tuesday night.