Racism in Football

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

True Teigngull,many of the reasons I voted to leave and being run by the over bureaucratic Brussels .I've friends from Poland,Jamaica (ok not in the EU),Spain etc and my nephew has a dual French /British passport but none of these people have considered me racist for wanting to leave the EU!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

The biggest problem is this country never expected its meek & mild inhabitants to actually stand up to the EU & say "we have had enough of your meddling" .
David Camerons remainers totally underestimated the ' will ' of the little man & ended up with egg on their faces, then the likes of the Anna Soubreys thought "how dare they" & decided to be as obstructive as possible.
I don't see what the problem is stating the truthful fact that most Muslims are not terrorists but most terrorists are Muslim. If that statement is considered racist then do be it.
Racism is rife in this country & as it appears is still prevalent at our plainmoor , thankfully the powers that be have handed out the necessary banning order so good riddance to the old biggot.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

" meddling " ?? !!!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

For me Brexit goes hand in hand with HappyTorq's point. People are proud to be British or American or whatever but it's just an accident of time and place. The idea that we have borders, that someone born in one place is not allowed in another. We have a leave supporter who sounds like he's lived all over the world yet only wants people born in the UK to live in the UK (even though he himself was not born here).
This is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - a group of countries brought together in politcal union. How far do the leave supporters take their argument? Should the UK split up? That would leave us in England. Should we then split in to regions or even counties?
People, open you hearts, open your minds. We are all just people, trying to struggle through life, hoping to have some fun and enjoyment with each other before we die. Don't let the rich and powerful divide us. It's no coincidence that those at the top have their money in tax havens, that they barely pay many of us a living wage. They are in the main all bastards. The newspaper owners, Farage, the Tory boys, all these privileged few. They care not for us. They campaign to divide us. They tell us we are all different. They are wrong. Don't let them win. Don't let them divide us. Don't let them sit back as we fight amongst ourselves. Whatever happens they will be rich off the back of it.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

PhilGull wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 16:54 Why would you want to 'wolf-whistle' someone? What makes you think it should be an acceptable thing to do?
The worlds gone mad (well I think I just answered my own question) if a wolf whistle is unacceptable ffs! When I was a young bloke the ladies would take a wolf whistle as a compliment, that they were looking good. If I'd said "you look nice" that was taken as a compliment, no difference. Who and when decided wolf whistling wasn't acceptable?
Never heard owt so daft in my life. PC Snowflakery at it's worst. :@
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

PhilGull wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 09:57 For me Brexit goes hand in hand with HappyTorq's point. People are proud to be British or American or whatever but it's just an accident of time and place. The idea that we have borders, that someone born in one place is not allowed in another. We have a leave supporter who sounds like he's lived all over the world yet only wants people born in the UK to live in the UK (even though he himself was not born here).
This is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - a group of countries brought together in politcal union. How far do the leave supporters take their argument? Should the UK split up? That would leave us in England. Should we then split in to regions or even counties?
People, open you hearts, open your minds. We are all just people, trying to struggle through life, hoping to have some fun and enjoyment with each other before we die. Don't let the rich and powerful divide us. It's no coincidence that those at the top have their money in tax havens, that they barely pay many of us a living wage. They are in the main all bastards. The newspaper owners, Farage, the Tory boys, all these privileged few. They care not for us. They campaign to divide us. They tell us we are all different. They are wrong. Don't let them win. Don't let them divide us. Don't let them sit back as we fight amongst ourselves. Whatever happens they will be rich off the back of it.
Well said PhilGull. Thats what Brexit is really all about hypocrite Farage and the Tory boys screwing us in even more ways. Trump and his cohorts will be buying up the NHS and we will end up having a "system" like theirs. God help us.

We need cooperation and unity not division. Plenty of things that are wrong with the EU but if we are not part of it we will have no say in anything.
Workers rights, environmental protections are all at risk. Does anybody think that the like of Rees-Mogg and Boris give a shit for us ? Of course not they are just out for themselves. FFS Boris changes his mind depending on which direction the wind blows his hair !

Freedom of movement works both ways but how many thought of that ? Limiting opportunities both ways.
The incredible chaos of trading. Its fecking mental.

I am a diabetic and my insulin comes from Denmark what happens in the event of a no deal ? Preperations have been made to stockpile supplies !!
Chaos at Dover ..thats going to be fun !
I am pretty sure that many people did not realise the full implications of it all, for instance how many of the general public understand or had even heard of the customs union ?

But we had a vote and were told that millions would go the Nhs and that it would all be easy ....What a farce !
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 18:17

The worlds gone mad (well I think I just answered my own question) if a wolf whistle is unacceptable ffs! When I was a young bloke the ladies would take a wolf whistle as a compliment, that they were looking good. If I'd said "you look nice" that was taken as a compliment, no difference. Who and when decided wolf whistling wasn't acceptable?
Never heard owt so daft in my life. PC Snowflakery at it's worst. :@

Good point well made. The trouble now is anyone can take offence at anything and the police will investigate leaving them little time to investigate proper criminal offences. Same with my comments about pissheads, no sooner had I mentioned my dislike for them I was accused of ridiculing people with mental health issues blah blah. Forget the fact I've got a lifetime of experience of dealing with people acting like total cnuts due to drink or drugs. We all lead different lives and have different experiences giving us different views of the same thing. Nope, feel sorry for them or be ostracised and labelled insensitive.

I speak my mind and sod anyone who takes offence. On another note, I'm English and proud to be do. I'm not Irish, Scots or Welsh, I've never considered myself British, I'm English and that has nothing to do with supporting colonialism, I'm not proud of our history if you can believe what we were taught about it. I enjoy the company of people from all different cultures religions and creeds, nobody I've ever associated with has ever had a problem with my pride in my country of birth. Anyone who has a problem with that will just have to deal with it, I'm not going to feel intimidated into submission by some fruitcake who disagrees with me. Each to their own but does anyone think this world is improving with all these attacks on our habits and customs? I see too many trying to change a way of life that wasn't in need of charge. Laws don't need changing, the ones already in place need implementing and enforcing.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

I'm proud to be British and English undoubtedly being my country of birth ,nothing wrong with that if your happy where you reside if not then you can live in misery or emigrate the choice is there.Scots,Welsh and Irish are fervent about their country's and love the opportunity to knock the English but the English are supposed to have no pride in their country and be ridiculed by others.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dutchgull wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 18:48

Well said PhilGull. Thats what Brexit is really all about hypocrite Farage and the Tory boys screwing us in even more ways. Trump and his cohorts will be buying up the NHS and we will end up having a "system" like theirs. God help us.

We need cooperation and unity not division. Plenty of things that are wrong with the EU but if we are not part of it we will have no say in anything.
Workers rights, environmental protections are all at risk. Does anybody think that the like of Rees-Mogg and Boris give a shit for us ? Of course not they are just out for themselves. FFS Boris changes his mind depending on which direction the wind blows his hair !

Freedom of movement works both ways but how many thought of that ? Limiting opportunities both ways.
The incredible chaos of trading. Its fecking mental.

I am a diabetic and my insulin comes from Denmark what happens in the event of a no deal ? Preperations have been made to stockpile supplies !!
Chaos at Dover ..thats going to be fun !
I am pretty sure that many people did not realise the full implications of it all, for instance how many of the general public understand or had even heard of the customs union ?

But we had a vote and were told that millions would go the Nhs and that it would all be easy ....What a farce !
What nonsense. Brexit might be about that for you but it's different things to different people. The vote was counted and Brexit won. Leave now, that's what the majority of voters voted for. Leave!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

Agree with Dave it's like Torquay losing a game where they needed to win to gain promotion so unhappy with the result demand it to be replayed to get the result they wanted!
Arelbee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Arelbee »

Comparing the brexit complexity to the restaging of a football match is just so way off the mark it’s frightening. In truth, a high proportion of people who voted did not understand the implications of their vote due to the complexity of all of this. Now that the reality is to some degree known, I believe we SHOULD ask the question again - but only when we have agreement as to the options and they have been explained clearly.

I appreciate that if the decision reversed there would be many millions of leavers disappointed but if more information fundamentally changed the minds of enough people to reverse the decision, then that would feel like democracy.

To use the football analogy I would say it is more like being asked do you want to back your football team to win, only then to find out later that actually they will be playing a rugby match!
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

Of course its not that straightforward however people decided to vote on what they perceived to be best at that particular time, we were told that as soon as Brexit was voted for their would be a downturn in economy and yet many have found the opposite to be the case ,the fact is no one knows exactly how things will turn out but that's democracy
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

Arelbee wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 19:54 Comparing the brexit complexity to the restaging of a football match is just so way off the mark it’s frightening. In truth, a high proportion of people who voted did not understand the implications of their vote due to the complexity of all of this. Now that the reality is to some degree known, I believe we SHOULD ask the question again - but only when we have agreement as to the options and they have been explained clearly.

I appreciate that if the decision reversed there would be many millions of leavers disappointed but if more information fundamentally changed the minds of enough people to reverse the decision, then that would feel like democracy.

To use the football analogy I would say it is more like being asked do you want to back your football team to win, only then to find out later that actually they will be playing a rugby match!
It's continually insulting the Remainers keep saying that Leavers did not understand were misled etc etc in the Referendum.
It is also a fallacy that simply leaving is too complex. This has been propagated by MPs who are almost all Remainers.
Have a read of the House of Commons briefing paper 'What if there's no Brexit deal'
It's not all doom and gloom
Plans to implement a no deal started a long time ago and businesses are already taking the actions recommended and required by HMRC to deal with the EU if/when we leave with no deal.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 19:29 What nonsense. Brexit might be about that for you but it's different things to different people. The vote was counted and Brexit won. Leave now, that's what the majority of voters voted for. Leave!!
Nonsense is it ? I knew you would say that Dave but how much for instance do people really know about the customs union and how it works as it is after all a very important part of Brexit. If people cant then it certainly helps to prove my point that people did not know what they were voting for ! Like I said how many people had even heard of the customs union ?? WTO trading rules anyone , everybody clear about those ?? !!

This is such a big decision. Will we be better off if we leave ? If we had had more unbiased information rather than the shit on that red bus then people could have made a more informed decision rather than the crap that was spouted and yes from both sides.

Now that we are in a more ( hopefully ) informed position a second vote should take place and for instance all of the young people who could not vote last time and whose futures it most effects can make a decision on their future.

Referendums are only advisory and not legally binding as parliament is sovereign. That's been conveniently forgotten.

What is wrong with a second vote ? After all with have general elections people change their minds and circumstances change. Or do leavers want to stop any future general election as well as we have already voted so thats your lot !! Democracy ?
After all over 16 million voted to stay in hardly a small number of the country.

What a mess we are in all for the sake of David Cameron's ego and the right wing of the Tory party and to satisfy cnuts like Rees-Mogg and Farage.

Will Brexit effect Kalvin Kalala, Jean Yves Koue Niate and even Ruari Keating ????? Freedom of movement ?

Also Brexit could also make it harder for the gulls when we qualify for the Champions or Europa leagues !! :lol: :lol: