Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Bet even at there ages greg and Rodney would play better than what we've got now.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

smw89 yep - respect where it's due . . .

By my sums, Gary Owers played 721 games, (most at a very high level), scoring 53 goals from midfield.
He SHOULD know a bit about the game with that pedigree, but he needs to engage and inspire his Players NOW . . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Owers
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

As Southampton pointed out, it was Lambada's comment about 'supporters getting the club they deserve' that caused consternation.
(Amazing to me that 400 TUFC stalwarts got to Evesham last week - 400 - that's quite a trek to Evesham).
So 99.99% of Supporters deserve MUCH MUCH MUCH better than they've got right now.
I guess we're all agreed on that.

The screaming, tea throwing, flare chucking morons should be hit by the full force of the Law . . .

And Lambada / Kevin Millard deserves to be politely heard IMO - I'm sure his comment wasn't meant to apply to ALL supporters. I agree with Merse and Tomogull on that. Gregory Goodridge and Rodney Jack - THOSE were the days indeed. If KM has any more like that - send 'em over !!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Personally allowed myself to be wound up by Kevin Millard, not proud of that, and something I try hard to avoid, however to explain, it was him who made what I, and clearly others felt was a disrespectful post towards our fanbase, then when pointed out, rather than Kevin being the professional he is supposed to be and posting an apology for any misunderstanding, he followed that up with an, I'm the greatest coach, I don't need to answer to any of you lot attitude, making things worse ( something Merse and his band of followers just don't understand) telling us we should just bow and respect the man because of who is, no, as pointed out it's earned.

Kevin, if you are reading this still. I was being honest and genuine, I really would like to know who those two players were you recommended to TUFC, and couldn't see why and still can't see why you can't tell us, so please back and let us know.

But we really do need to move on and put that to one side now. There was a great post made by Hector on the other site, saying all of this flare/tea throwing, arguments on forums and such were letting the real culprits of the hook, think he has that spot on.

Think these two expected loans signings to me,must be the last throw of the dice, if they don't add goals, help create good performances, and help bring results, can't see how Owers can remain in the job
Formerly known as forevertufc
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

It's been said. They were Gregory Goodridge and Rodney Jack.

We all feel passionately, and have vastly different opinions on how things should be done at tufc. Let's face it, the whole atmosphere around the place is toxic at the minute. It is important however for us all to remember that it's TUFC that unites us, not divides us. Arguing amongst ourselves makes things much easier for CO.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

brooker wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 08:37 It's been said. They were Gregory Goodridge and Rodney Jack.

We all feel passionately, and have vastly different opinions on how things should be done at tufc. Let's face it, the whole atmosphere around the place is toxic at the minute. It is important however for us all to remember that it's TUFC that unites us, not divides us. Arguing amongst ourselves makes things much easier for CO.

You misunderstand, Kevin has since recommended two further players, and didn't receive any response from our club, which we all agree is disgraceful, it's these two players I’m interested in, to see how their careers are going, to be told one's in the Spanish second division the other, in the MLS isn't enough for me, genuinely interested.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Every morning ,as soon as I wake up I grab the iPad and check to see if GO has been sacked. So everyday thus far has started in massive disappointment. The only shard of light is that one day hopefully not in the distant future it will come to pass.
What else is there to look forward to at the moment . It’s not saturdays game if last weeks performances are anything to go by.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

That's fairly stupid because it isn't going to happen is it - particularly as it appears he has negotiated two loan signings.

Its been pretty dismal stuff so far - no one can argue with that. It appears our forwards are completely lacking any confidence and most teams are just sitting back behind the ball. Monday might have been dire but it looks like another game we should have won really.

What I don't see the point of is people turning up on Saturday and lambasting the players and the manager for 90 minutes. Its just counter productive as far as I am concerned - surely if you pay your money you presumably want to see the team win, so why do anything to jeopardise that?

Take it out on the ref or the opposition but when the game is going on get behind the team. If it doesn't work out then voice your displeasure at the final whistle and I am all for giving Harrop a bit of stick if you can find him holed up in a bunker somewhere.

But during the game - just support the team.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Second that Brucie, just get behind the team everybody. The tide will turn.....COYG
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

brucie wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 10:02 That's fairly stupid because it isn't going to happen is it - particularly as it appears he has negotiated two loan signings.

Its been pretty dismal stuff so far - no one can argue with that. It appears our forwards are completely lacking any confidence and most teams are just sitting back behind the ball. Monday might have been dire but it looks like another game we should have won really.

What I don't see the point of is people turning up on Saturday and lambasting the players and the manager for 90 minutes. Its just counter productive as far as I am concerned - surely if you pay your money you presumably want to see the team win, so why do anything to jeopardise that?

Take it out on the ref or the opposition but when the game is going on get behind the team. If it doesn't work out then voice your displeasure at the final whistle and I am all for giving Harrop a bit of stick if you can find him holed up in a bunker somewhere.

Out of interest were you saying this when Nicholson was manager? Or Ling, Hargreaves, Knill?
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I have lost all confidence in GO's ability to coach this team HE has assembled. To have to go out for loan signings within the first few weeks due to his squads inability offensively to create chances is poor. This is not for injuries or suspensions this is completely down to his recruitment and tactics.
He seems to have a charmed life with the owners who appear to be backing him.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Did any of those managers get the kind of treatment that Owers is getting?

We were always going to get loan players in - I'm surprised we didn't get any at the start of the season. We've got a small squad so with a couple of injuries it was always likely that we are going to rely on the loan market. Do you know that the two loan signings are both going to be forwards?

Unless your hatred of the manager extends to wanting the team to lose then surely its counter productive. It hardly sends a message to the owner - he will be nowhere near the place.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

brucie wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 10:02 That's fairly stupid because it isn't going to happen is it - particularly as it appears he has negotiated two loan signings.

Two loan sognings who presumably you know all about ?
Forgove me if i dont agree with you brucie but Owers could sign Aguero and kane and we would still be tripe under him . Hes has been appalling since being here and ive seen enough games under him to know what im talking about.
Last throw of the dice for him .
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't know anything about the loan signings at all, all I said was that looking at your ipad every morning to see whether Owers has been sacked is stupid and a waste of time because it obviously isn't going to happen - of course if lose the next three games that situation will probably change.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

You are always going to get stick as a football manager, ah unless you manage TUFC of course.
GO is the worst manager we have ever had, that's a fact.
Unless you have been on the moon, we are at the lowest tier of football this club has been AND we cannot still score.
GO was part of the relegation to this tier, he has a team that is full-time, and most if not all our opponents are part-time.
Some players were ignoring him on Monday, and some actually answering him back. So he has lost some if not all of the squad.
How f ing low or incompetent do you want this to get before the fans start to react, they are in fact the customers.
If you don't get results in football as a manager your job is on the line, unless its this setup it seems, quite extraordinary.
I don't think you can label TUFC fans as being inpatient, for Gods sake this demise has been going on for years.
TUST MEMBER