Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lambadaboss
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lambadaboss »

LOL I think my track record regarding players speaks for itself
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

lambadaboss wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 22:45 forevertufc I don't need you to tell me what I can do or cannot do. If you read my posts you will see that I am in no way oversensationalizing anything. I do not have time to get involved in petty things.
Wasn't telling you anything, merely suggesting what you should and shouldn't be doing, the very use of your own words, in your posts have pretty much tarred every TUFC fan with the same brush, have read your posts, yes, you are over sensationalizing yesterday’s events. Too late, by coming on here tonight posting what you have, you got involved in the petty things.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

lambadaboss wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 22:55 LOL I think my track record regarding players speaks for itself
Which is? elaborate please!
lambadaboss
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lambadaboss »

smw89 I don't transfer players out of my clubs to help other clubs unless they are quality players, trust me. My record speaks for itself. Both players would have been great assets to TUFC. One now plays MLS in the States and the other is in Spain's Second Division.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

lambadaboss wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 22:26 Southampton Gull: Reading some of the posts from yesterday I read one from someone called Burnham something or other saying ''well done to whoever threw the liquid over GO''. To me this is condoning the action. Other posts castigate both the person who allegedly threw the liquid and this other person for congratulating the thrower.
You may wish to set yourself up as some sort of management guru but let's be honest here. You've come on giving your advice on what fans, players, management, chairmen and now forum posters should and shouldn't do. Is there no end to your perceived expertise? From what I've read you are HELPing a lower league Spanish club so I'm not sure why you think that gives you scope to act like you know all the inticasies of our club and it's fans. I for one am proud of the support we give our players. Every club has its morons, we've got brucie.

If you'd done any kind of research before opening your trap on this particular subject you'd realise that Burnham is a militant type of fan who has become disillusioned with our club to the extent that he can throw away a flippant comment when if you met him face to face and asked him if he agreed with his statement he would almost certainly say no. It was written on a forum in the heat of the moment. There are countless others including people who know the individual involved and all have clearly said they don't condone what he did. With that you decide we're all a toxic bunch and deserve everything we get.

You're so far wide of the mark you might as well stop in Spain mate. When you've achieved the level of someone like Paul Sturrock who also posts on here then perhaps your opinion might hold some credence. As it is I think when you reflect you'll realise that we have some of the best fans you'll find anywhere.

Owers is a busted flush and if he thinks he can continually pull the wool over our eyes he's sadly mistaken. The fans are onto him and his poor management, he'll be gone sooner than you can hop back over here.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

lambadaboss wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:04 smw89 I don't transfer players out of my clubs to help other clubs unless they are quality players, trust me. My record speaks for itself. Both players would have been great assets to TUFC. One now plays MLS in the States and the other is in Spain's Second Division.

Sure.....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

lambadaboss wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 22:41 tomogull, point taken and I respect your insight. However, I perhaps have a better idea of what is going on at TUFC than you may think, despite my being in Spain. Regarding GO, I have stated that I do not think he is the right man to get TUFC out of their current predicament, but the problems lie not solely with him but with the hierarchy of the club. In the last 15 months I have offered 2 strikers to TUFC for zero £, exactly the same situation as was the case when I dealt with Don O'Riordan back in the mid 1990s. I never even received the courtesy of a reply!

Believe me I am not saying that GO should remain blameless but many times the person holding the position of Manager or Head Coach at a professional club simply has his hands tied with regard to wanting to sign or play players that he prefers. Yes, GO has lost the dressing room clearly and the situation for him has become untenable. But again, don't shoot the messenger. Look at those above him for the real blame.
Those above him are responsible for the shambles the club has become, Owers is responsible for the shower of shite that represents us on the pitch. How many games of ours have you seen?

Sounds to me like you're just bitter because you've been ignored by the club. Well so was Paul Sturrock and he knows more about producing players than you do about paella!!
Dave

lambadaboss
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lambadaboss »

forevertufc I suggest you read my post on Gloucester City v TUFC on here tonight at 9.28pm in which I state ''As is usually the case it is almost certainly a handful of morons who are tarnishing the name of the club and those who support the team''.

I certainly have not tarred everyone with the same brush as the above post points out. I have also not sensationalized anything. And I am not involved in any pettiness should I choose to post on here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Couldn't have put it better myself Dave SG. Lambadaboss, do us a favour, and name these two so called little gem players then, and the clubs they play for, us fans will do our own research on them.

Edit, I did read that post, it's what you've posted on this thread that's got my back up, and clearly some others also.
Last edited by Dave on 28 Aug 2018, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

I think lambadaboss has been playing too much championship manager 😂😂
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Thanks smw, that made I larf !!
Dave

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Just to interject here; people are making fools of themselves tonight with their ignorance about lambadaboss ~ he is Kevin Millard who provided Torquay United with Gregory Goodrich and Rodney Jack.

He does know what he is talking about and he deserves respect for that and not the asinine lack of it by people trying to defend what went on yesterday.

You're wasting your time on here Kevin; they wouldn't know a football manager if they woke up in bed with one! I think the last time your name popped up on here the thread descended into: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8809
Last edited by merse btpir on 28 Aug 2018, 23:51, edited 2 times in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Merse, we all know who he is but that doesn't make him an expert on all things TUFC, it merely means he's recognised a couple of decent players. He's the only one making himself look foolish.

Welcome back by the way ;-)
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

merse btpir wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:25

You're wasting your time on here Kevin; they wouldn't know a football manager if they woke up in bed with one!
Well I sincerely hope you've not banged Gary Owers because if you did, trust me you were ripped off!!
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well aware of who is Merse, a blind pig can find the occasional truffle, he choose to come onto the forum and post in such a manner. And who's defending what happened yesterday.