The 2016/17 Season Guessing Game

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Er, United62, surely there's only one automatic promotion spot in the National League, and four play-off places...?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

United62 wrote:1. Tranmere
2. Wrexham
3. TORQUAY
4. York
5. Lincoln City
6. Dag & Red
7. Eastleigh
8. Macclesfield
9. Forest Green
10. Sutton United
11. Chester
12. Aldershot
13. Barrow
14. Bromley
15. Gateshead
16. Braintree
17. Boreham Wood
18. Southport
19. Guiseley
20. Woking
21. Dover
22. Solihull Moors
23. North Ferriby
24. Maidstone

Might as well be optimistic about the coming season.

Hoping that FGR finish well outside the play-offs as they come to realise that throwing money at promotion does not always bring success. I (like most of us) would love it if Dover were sent back down to ConfSouth (and further!).... ... North Ferriby, well I would have put them bottom, but I'll save that position for my friends along the A26.

And, yep, didn't want to be greedy, so just opted for the final automatic promotion spot
I'd check the league rules if I were you.........
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Jeff wrote: I'd check the league rules if I were you.........
:rofl:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

pmsl... whoops.... yep, I f*cked up good and proper there.... OK... I'll settle for a day out at Wembley and beat Lincoln 6-0 in the play-off final....
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Out of the 14 years that I've been going to watch TUFC, we have never had an easy mid-table ride and finish. We'll either be fighting for promotion, or fighting for survival. Hopefully not the latter.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Portugull, I got 33/1 on Gulls winning the league. Wondering what I am going to do with the money already.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I shouldn't be too dismissive of North Ferriby United if I were you. They are funded, like Hull City, by a local (b)(m) illionaire. In 1997 Whitby Town beat them 3-0 in the FA Vase final at Wembley. After that, NFU were quiet for a while until, sometime after Whitby, they arrived in the lower regions of the Northern Premier league. Since then, they have been promoted to the Premier Division of the NPL (Evostik League), promoted to Conference North, and now promoted to Conference proper. Along the way they have won the FA Trophy (not an easy thing to do for a Conference North side). All this success has taken place in the last five or six years (or so) and is entirely dependent upon the funding given them by the local (b)(m)illionaire. While this funding lasts - and there seems little likelihood at the moment it will cease - North Ferriby will continue their upward movement. They are a village club in the true sense of the word, but they do not have villages finances. However, the truth will be revealed when United play them quite early on. Watch this space!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Village club number 1 ( forest green) and tranmere will fight for the title. Playoff positions will be tight but I imagine Lincoln , Eastleigh , and either Dagenham or Wrexham to be there. Torquay as long as money doesn't run out should make top 10 or 12. Relegation unless the hull billionaire's invest, should see guiesley, North ferriby, Solihull and boreham wood go down. HOWEVER, this season has no big force. So if Lady Luck goes our way we can at the most challenge for a playoff spot.
Lucy
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I reckon vegan rovers, Tranmere and Wrexham to be main contenders for automatic promotion spot. Would not rule out Barrow as dark horses. I don't think either of the relegated clubs will mount serious play off challenge. As for us I think 12th would be a good result. As for going down would agree with Lucy with the exception of North Ferriby, think Southport may go down this time.
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

1 FGR 2 EASTLEIGH 3 TRANMERE 4 LINCOLN 5 DAGENHAM BOTTOM 4 - N FERRIBY- GUISELEY -MAIDSTONE - SOUTHPORT 13TH TORQUAY
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

1st Torquay
2nd-24th The rest
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

impressive signing from eastleigh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37050153