The Gaming International Files

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Did anyone really believe this would go ahead!
What a waste of 4 months!
What happens to the Alleged £50.000 loan the club received!
Oh yes of course the Gus money unless he is being given away!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I think - if taken at face value - the statement from David Phillips is fair enough, although there are contained within it a few contradictions from previous words or actions.

It is suggested that the purchase of Plainmoor was not part of the original MOU, yet it was only a week or so ago that David Phillips was imploring the council to sell the freehold and leaving the ball in their court. It was obvious to anyone, when GI were first mentioned, that such a property developing company would want the freehold of Plainmoor. To act all surprised that they actually did want this fools nobody. Therefore, it is frustrating that almost 5 months has been wasted on this.

In the meantime, TUST were rebuked and treated shoddily, with the omnipresent Peter Masters on the scene and how much faith can we have in the integrity of the owners if the Truro owners suddenly emerges as a contender for ownership? The rebuttal of TUST seems ironic now, when in the above statement, David Phillips talks of restoring links with 'obviously TUST' when previous actions have been acting against them.

If David Phillips is true to his words above, then there needs to be, from now, a concerted campaign by those at the club, by TUST and the dinosaurs at the Herald Express to galvanise some momentum behind TUST. People will mock TUST membership levels and of course that is what TUST is up against. But they were also up against an obstructive football club, run by fellow supporters and a local press who seemed to mock their efforts and belittle their significance. Everyone pulling in the same direction - not just by turning up and contributing to Players Fund, whilst still not having any say in how the club is run - but by moving for true Supporter Ownership, so it truly is OUR club.

There has probably never been a better time to do it but naysayers will probably stop it.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Agree with the above post, in terms of the club using the limited assets it has at its disposal, particularly the trust. Given that then the Chairman statement should be taken at face value but that is to what he is held account. Plan A discarded, on with Plan B.
TUST number 080
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Err Is there a plan B?
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

The statement sets out more aof a vision granted, need a plan with actions behind it.
TUST number 080
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Has Dave Philipps had a lobotomy? Everything he says in that statement is great. Going along with Nicho's vision, including the TUST more, all good stuff. But how the hell did selling the football club to a property developer ever fit with any of this great community stuff?
A relief it's all over, happy that Philipps appears to have come to his senses. Now hopefully we can all get back on track and start moving forward again.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

What a complete joke.

Four wasted months and everybody on here could see that GI owning the club would end in disaster. Everybody except dear old Dave who is now trying to galvanise everybody in "The Bay".......we would do extremely well to get gates of 3000.

Fingers crossed for mid table mediocrity.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
fred disley

Post by fred disley »

Okay the takeover is dead and buried. As all the wise sages on this forum predicted, yeah right!!!. we seem to have an amazing amount of contributors who are wise after the fact. It matters not if the deal was handled badly or not,how many of us have the experience, knowledge,and time not forgetting money to have dealt with it better, and for those of you, including the one man band maintenance company from say Teignmouth that reckon you have the experience to run a multi million pound operation then you are deluded.
What should exercise our minds is how we proceed, Dave Phillips seems and I say seems to have opened the door to a dialogue with the TUST, now said trust needs to agree on how they proceed in such talks, taking over the club as an opening sentence in a conversation is going to ensure a very short meeting, however if we could suggest say a seat on the board in exchange for funds, would I feel be a very productive step forward. Something I would be prepared to contribute to and and as further funds become available we buy a further seat on the board, our influence within the club grows and the views of the supporters are aired on a regular basis.Unless of course there is one among us with a million or so laying dormant in the bank who wishes to step forward.
If any of you have spoken to Exeter supporters, that would be the few who do not believe in aliens, live in yurts and do not have one eye in the middle of their heads, then they will tell you their particular model of trust ownership has in all probability cost them at least two promotions over the years, a make over for their club is a coat of paint in the toilets, a point they fail to grasp is you cannot always run an enterprise without sometimes incurring a trading loss, how that loss in managed and the business plan model moving forward are the things that matter. Exeter are averse to spending anything they do not have, and where they could have developed their old stand with associated flats which would have been a life changing revenue stream for them, they are now involved in a costly and lengthy development wrangle where hard earned money from the club is going everywhere except where it should do.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Burnhamgull wrote:What a complete joke.

Four wasted months and everybody on here could see that GI owning the club would end in disaster. Everybody except dear old Dave who is now trying to galvanise everybody in "The Bay".......we would do extremely well to get gates of 3000.

Fingers crossed for mid table mediocrity.
Regardless of what has happened over the last few months we really do need to come together and push for promotion. Mid-table obscurity will not bring enough people through the gates to keep this club going. We have to aim high.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

In the light of the Chairmans statement issued today there are a number of very pertinent questions that could be asked. However rather than rake up recent history I think it is better to look forward.

There is however, one question which I feel must be asked, and to which Dave Philips has made no mention, and that is has the Club borrowed any money from GI Ltd.?

If the answer is in the affirmative then I do feel the Chairman should clarify the clubs position especially if it impacts upon the playing budget for the coming season. I think this is a fair question.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

"As all the wise sages on this forum predicted, yeah right!!!. " Too true.

How are people so wise after the event.

I wasn't sure either way but I was sure I didn't want the takeover to happen, UNLIKE some on here who were fully behind it! But there we are, forums eh.

I don't want the club to borrow money, get some dodgy investor / developer, I just want it to do its best with the money it earns, that's it.
TUST MEMBER
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

PhilGull wrote: Regardless of what has happened over the last few months we really do need to come together and push for promotion. Mid-table obscurity will not bring enough people through the gates to keep this club going. We have to aim high.
Good luck, I hope it works out.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Very pleased to see it's fallen through. We've lost four months and part of the momentum from the Great Escape, but the damage would have been far, far worse had it made any progress.

It's an important time for us, but at least we can now be united and move forward in the best interests of the club, which never would have happened under GI.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

In the long-term there will be still be a problem of money. The current board are not rich and for a club to pay its way is rather difficult. TUST are eager to have their say which is nice. It would be nicer if someone sold their house and the gave the club the proceeds. In other words we all support the club but if you want a place on the board it helps to have cash.
Still, with the sale of Angus our finances should be OK this season. Back to contributing to the players fund for the rest of us.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

another cheque in the post from me.