Barrow v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

**** me you lot have got short memories. FA Cup aside our league form from the last few games has been okay up to today (4 games without losing for those who have completely forgotten). Yes today is shit but its not the end of the **** world.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Can't see many, if any, turning up next Saturday unless the Board deal with this shambles.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Nigel - that is a comfort to hear that we are "holding them at 3 - 0 "........For F**k's sake ( sadly I cannot find an emoji for tw*t)
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Relax everybody, we're too good to go down, there's worse teams than us, in Nico we trust.........

Just thought I'd give you a sample of posts we can expect when the rose tinters come online.

Personally, I think the club will go down this season and have seen nothing to suggest otherwise. I could not feel more disillusioned with Torquay United if I tried.

Who thinks we'll get more than 1500 at the next home game?

Very sad times and I can't wait for the summer break.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

someone switch off the lights and lock the doors on the way out . conference south looms and park football!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

We must have the worst disciplinary record in the National League. And still can't play. Shameful.
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

Kev 57 wrote:Torquay is run by a load of nobodies they know nothing about football and KN was only appointed cuz he lived local complete joke.
so true. Praying now that anybody with 1 or more connections can arrive or we b fukt
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

PhilGull wrote:f*** me you lot have got short memories. FA Cup aside our league form from the last few games has been okay up to today (4 games without losing for those who have completely forgotten). Yes today is sh*t but its not the end of the f**king world.
Yet still getting cut further adrift at the bottom. Draws are no good and the form is still relegation form.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Losing 0-3 (should have been 0-6) and down to ten men. And that's probably the best we can expect for most of the season.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Post Removed..
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I have say anyone who seems to be 'doing well' immediately goes out of the team.

Marsh- hits form 3 game suspension.

Hurst - top scorer- gets suspended by club

Smith- top defender lengthens his loan- immediately gets 3 game suspension.

Nicholson certainly can't be said to the luckiest manager!
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

It was always going to be a journey!
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

I've been out for some time as it's clear the writing has been on the wall. I simply cannot justify the wasted time and expense anymore. I never thought I would feel like this.

What angers me more than anything is that although Phillips, Breed and co took the club on with the best intentions and no money - they have made some awful decisions and somehow the situation much worse than ever. If they couldn't afford to appoint a proper manager on a proper contract why bring someone in and allow them to appoint an assistant, sign players on contracts only for them to walk away? We would have been in a better position just running Hargreaves' contract down before sorting out a proper replacement.

I pretty much gave up as soon as Nicholson was appointed - the decision was lunacy. What made matters worse was that at a previous fans forum the idea of appointing him had correctly been dismissed. Had he not played for us he never would have got through the door for interview. A lot of people applied for the job, I'm certain there were better candidates out there who would have been willing to work within the current remit - Martin Ling to name one. So although it's debatable whether the club would have survived long term in any case, in my opinion a string of bad decisions by the custodians of the club past and present have led us here much quicker. RIP TUFC.
The original taunton_gull!!!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

4-0 dead and buried
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes - now Steve Breed, Phillips and the players have gone over to "thank" the fans. Do they actually think this is going to make it better. Useless ****** - the lot of them.