Next Manager- confirmed: Kevin Nicholson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote:Nicholson with North as his assistant is my shout, not saying that's who I would want (that would be Ling) but with another young coach in Chris Todd in the frame for the Eastleigh job I can't see him staying in the selection process for us.

Nicholson and North would be cheap and also willing to tackle the job, see how close I get ;-)

:keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by DonnyGull50 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: Indeed he did come and shake hands
Indicated that it was probably his last game and thanked all supporters on behalf of himself and Paul (Cox)
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Well Southampton you know better than me.

I respect Shaun North as a coach, a lot of experience, but Kevin Nicholson has zero experience as a Manager which is a huge risk.

If you are right and they surprise everyone by turning things around I for one will be delighted.

Roll on monday.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Surely the new manager would have been at the game today and Nicholson was playing for Bath. Pot Noodle is winding us up.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular

Post by A Realist »

tommyg wrote:Surely the new manager would have been at the game today and Nicholson was playing for Bath. Pot Noodle is winding us up.
There were no games in that league today.
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

Bath played Bodmin in the FA Cup and Nicho started.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

davidcaldwell123 wrote:I hope they make the right decision !!!!

Just as an aside - If you are THE Dave Caldwell and I am sure you are as your earlier post reads like you really know your stuff, the 12/13 year old lad in me just wants to say thanks and :bow:

Yourself and many of the 87/88 team are still some of my favorite and most memorable players to pull on a TUFC shirt and my joint favorite era as a fan. As an earlier poster similarly wrote - Caldwell, Loram, Dobson, Lloyd, The Dude, Sharpe, Kelly, McNichol, Impey, Gardiner, Allen, Gibbins, Cole, Musker, Hazelgrave etc. My first full season watching Torquay and along with 03/04 still probably the most enjoyable. How you lot didnt get promotion I will never know, its rarely been as good ever since.

Caldwell, Dobson, Loram #truelegends
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No way its going to be Nicholson - we would be relegated now.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

chunkygull wrote:

Just as an aside - If you are THE Dave Caldwell and I am sure you are as your earlier post reads like you really know your stuff, the 12/13 year old lad in me just wants to say thanks and :bow:

Yourself and many of the 87/88 team are still some of my favorite and most memorable players to pull on a TUFC shirt and my joint favorite era as a fan. As an earlier poster similarly wrote - Caldwell, Loram, Dobson, Lloyd, The Dude, Sharpe, Kelly, McNichol, Impey, Gardiner, Allen, Gibbins, Cole, Musker, Hazelgrave etc. My first full season watching Torquay and along with 03/04 still probably the most enjoyable. How you lot didnt get promotion I will never know, its rarely been as good ever since.

Caldwell, Dobson, Loram #truelegends[/quote

it will be does post here now again...and I know has still been involved in coaching.

my first season was around 1985 in that Chelsea kit but that 87/88 squad was the best I've ever seen. loram was cheer class....and that was without trying...Lee Sharpe made his entrance well ..Caldwell was a defenders worst nightmare ...Phil Lloyd hard as nails ...bandi legs dobson could know goals in anywhere in the box...Jimmy McNichol ....awesome team...screwed it in the last 2 games when it looked harder to not gr promoted. ...I remember soaking wet when we lost to Swansea City at plain Moor. ..I was in tears

Added in 2 minutes 2 seconds:
my first season was around 1985 in that Chelsea kit but that 87/88 squad was the best I've ever seen. loram was cheer class....and that was without trying...Lee Sharpe made his entrance well ..Caldwell was a defenders worst nightmare ...Phil Lloyd hard as nails ...bandi legs dobson could know goals in anywhere in the box...Jimmy McNichol ....awesome team...screwed it in the last 2 games when it looked harder to not gr promoted. ...I remember soaking wet when we lost to Swansea City at plain Moor. ..I was in tears
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

westyorkshiregull wrote:
it will be does post here now again...and I know has still been involved in coaching.

I will never forget those last few games of that season, still some of the best atmospheres I have ever experienced at Plainmoor - fluffing the last league game 1-2 v Scunthorpe (poor old Kenny Allen), a week later beating them in the play offs 2-1 (Caldwell scored and then later stretchered off, Cyril went on the pitch and kicked off), I was lucky enough to get to bunk off school and go to my first ever away match for the p o final 1st leg v Swansea at Vetch field (sat with Swansea fans :| ), lost 2-1, then the 3-3 home draw, yep absolutely gutted after that game!
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

potnoodle wrote:I've heard on good authority it's Kevin Nicholson. Get your bets on girls and boys!

"Mushroom", "Funguy" "Potnoodle" what next :clap:
http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

"Caldwell, Loram, Dobson, Lloyd, The Dude, Sharpe, Kelly, McNichol, Impey, Gardiner, Allen, Gibbins, Cole, Musker, Hazelgrave etc" Great wasn't it!!
TUST MEMBER
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I really do not think that Steve Breed would go for Nicholson. He would be aware - more than most people - of the stick that Thea got for going down the #legend route with Hargreaves.

It is always lazy speculation when the likes of Joyce, Nicholson, Russell are mentioned. Why is it people struggle to look further than Devon when thinking of a manager? If the club appointed someone like that they would be opening themselves up to some awful stick and I really do not think they can afford to isolate even more supporters.

Having gone down the Paul Cox route, I think (or at least I hope) they would want someone with similar credentials. Our stock has dropped even further now, in just a few months, so the likes of Aspin, who some may have turned their noses up at, is probably about the best we can hope for.

If there really have been 129 applicants and of those half are serious ones, then I would be disappointed - in fact dismayed - if we ended up with some returning hero, whether that is Kevin Nicholson or Sean Joyce.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock

Post by torq2u »

potnoodle wrote:Well my source is very reliable and I am as surprised as you are.

I would of hoped for someone else at this present time as we are petering on another relegation battle, but as we know we haven't got any money. And that's what it boils down to.
Oh you teasePot. It's Peter Taylor, isn't it :clap: ?
TUST member 200 ;-)
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

potnoodle wrote:Certainly not Peter Taylor you got that from 'petering' really!

I'm no wind up merchant. I'm not the only one to state it's Nico.
As far as I'm aware yes, you are the only person to state it IS Nicholson; everyone else has been speculating it might be.

I hope to god you've been misinformed.