Pre-Season Friendly

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Bloggy wrote:Thanks CP.
Great detective work!
I won't ask if you noted the times of the goals (as that would be asking too much)!
Well, you're going to get them anyway! :~D

Yeoman (4) 18, 27 (pen), 74, 83 (pen) Chaney 78,

McAllister 48 (pen) Bowker 54

:-D

Added in 9 minutes 43 seconds:
Dave_Pougher wrote:Great report CP, as always, from the apprentices I see the club are asking for digs for Charlie so that's encouraging and the other who's name I wouldn't attempt to pronounce and Will Hancox (any relation to Richard?) who showed in your opnion the most promise? Difficult in one viewing I know.
Actually I thought both Rosenquest and Will Hancox - he IS the son of Richard and Debbie (nee Bateson) Hancox by the way, showed up well in both games I've seen them. Young Duke had a quieter game, but both the others showed nice flashes particularly out in wide areas.

Of the triallists, they were all OK and certainly put a shift in. The standout for me personally was probably the number 11 who played on the right wing who did a number of runs where he went past several players and I think earnt us at least one, quite possibly more, of the THREE penalties we were awarded - Yeoman's first effort was saved by their keeper in the 14th minute.

Young Sam Chaney though was probably my MOM as he worked tirelessly up and down the left wing and showed some really nice touches of close control in tight areas when faced with some fairly "meaty" challenges!
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Haha!
Cheers... I suppose you've got the Galmpton ones as well then? ;-)
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Bloggy wrote:Haha!
Cheers... I suppose you've got the Galmpton ones as well then? ;-)
Aye,

Maduako 20,
Yeoman (5) 24,38,42,55,60
Murembedzi (3) 33, 37, 81

Times sponsored by Casio :lol: :scarf:
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

Good Lord... you're setting a precedent for the remaining pre-season friendlies! (Please).

Don't suppose you know who the really slim chap was that got our second pen? No 9 I think?
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Bloggy wrote:Good Lord... you're setting a precedent for the remaining pre-season friendlies! (Please).

Don't suppose you know who the really slim chap was that got our second pen? No 9 I think?
Not sure about Tiverton yet!

I don't know the number 9, but if you were to push me for a guess I would go with this guy ....

Ghassimu (aka "Gus") Sow, a central midfielder aged 20 and just released by Crystal Palace.

I think he bears more than a passing resemblance ....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm8zqghIAAAmBJK.jpg
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

Hard to call but I'd put money on it being him. Good call.
Cheers CP.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

CP Gull wrote:Hi Bloggy

I reckon we had FOUR "new" faces at Dartmouth today, to go with the triallists that remain from the Galmpton game.

The Right Back (2); the holding Central Midfielder (8 ) ; the other Centre Mid (9) and the Right Winger (11) were all new to me - even though I spent the whole of the game thinking the 11 was Shepherd Murembedzi when apparently it wasn't!!

I was reliably informed after the game as to the identities of a couple of the new faces, I believe the number 8 was Sam Topliss who was with Hull and more recently featured in the FAT Final for North Ferriby. The tricky winger (not Murembedzi) went by the name of Femi and I understand he is most probably Femi Orenuga - ex Everton, most recently Gloucester City.

Still working on the number 2 (who seemed to end up in a right old battle) and the number 9 who seemed to be called Gus. I believe at least a couple of these new faces had literally turned up on the day to play.

As for the rest, it was Lavercombe in goal, Maduako (triallist) and Ododin centre backs, with Jamie Richards (triallist) at Left Back. The three triallists in the middle were joined by young Sam Chaney on the left ( who I thought was our best player on the day) completing our four in midfield. Up front was Liam Prynn and of course Ashley Yeoman. The subs seemed to be made up of our three "apprentices" - Tiegan Rosenquest, Will Hancox and Charlie Duke - while there was another unidentified triallist (6) who also featured in the second half at Galmpton who came on for Odofin at half time.
Your right Sam Chaney was the stand out player.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Next game: away to Tiverton Wed 15 July 7.30pm,
then home to Newport County Sat 18 July 3.00pm.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

This article mentions Fairhurst at number 15 in the assists table last year, so I've had a look, and never realised that Luke Young was at number 1! I have a feeling however that Youngy may be on the way out, as Cox talks in the previous article about out's that the fans might have to understand, and can't really see anyone else under contract who would command a fee. (this is pure speculation!!!)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Bet365 have this match as an in play betting match, so live match info is available by the second. We are losing 1-0
Lucy
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

TUST No 278
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

chardie wrote:Live match info here also:

http://www.middevongazette.co.uk/Matchd ... story.html
Nice one, freaky hair from their manager

Added in 12 minutes 31 seconds:
2-1 Torquay
Lucy
+Gdog8
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by +Gdog8 »

brooker wrote:This article mentions Fairhurst at number 15 in the assists table last year, so I've had a look, and never realised that Luke Young was at number 1! I have a feeling however that Youngy may be on the way out, as Cox talks in the previous article about out's that the fans might have to understand, and can't really see anyone else under contract who would command a fee. (this is pure speculation!!!)
Luke young aint going no where
:scarf: :whistle:
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Looks like we have a keeper on trial Fabian Spiess and someone else called Orlando Lewis.