Pre-Season Friendly

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Leaving Corsham now. Hope the M5 is kind. Never thought I'd see Torquay play Dartmouth.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

From various twitter feeds: it is currently 5-2 to us, with not long left. We were 2-0 up at half time, then it went to 2-2, before we regained the lead.

Yeoman has 4 goals. There have been four penalties, one for them and three for us.

Sounds like an interesting game. Yeoman can't really do much more, although he might need to show the same form in training or against a full-time side to earn a deal.

Edit: Full time 5-2 win.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

Final Score Dartmouth AFC 2 Torquay 5.
Yeoman scored 4 and Channey got the other.

Another decent performance although we did miss a few chances. The stand out performers were yeoman, Channey, Shepherd Murombedzi, Jamie Richards and Jide Maduako.

On we go to Tiverton on Wednesday night.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

The silly thing is that if Ashley Yeoman was a traillist from another club, fans would be positively drooling about him on here. He's an enigma - 9 goals in two matches, even though it was against Galmpton and Dartmouth (presumably, 3 of his goals at Dartmouth were penalties?). Most of us like Ash (the longest serving player at the club !) but his weakness is that he just gets hustled off the ball much too easily. Maybe Paul Cox will turn him into an all round player. Maybe he'll be offered a short-term prove-yourself-to-me contract by Cox.

Did Geoghogan play at Dartmouth and were there any other triallists who didn't play at Galmpton?
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Geoghogan did not play. There were only 15 players wearing Torquay shirts and that included the 3 young players (Teagan, Will and Charlie). Liam, Oneil and Sam started. I think there were a couple of players who weren't at Galmpton ( central midfielder and right back).
Dartmouth played a strong physical game and one Torquay player had to go off with a bleeding mouth.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

Agree with previous postings. Darty were vocal and agricultural at best! Some of their tackles were crunching. They appealed everything and my 11 year olds vocabulary has increased (sadly). Liked No 11 (?), Ash and Sam had good games.

M5 was poor on the way down (3 hours) and clear on the way back (2 1/4)!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Sounds good so far. Tiverton up next which is another step up in quality and should provide a sterner test but so far I'm impressed with Mr Cox and his players :)

Added in 8 minutes 18 seconds:
Or is it the three way tournament with Weymouth and Bournemouth?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

Lots of guessing this afternoon but can anyone confirm who we had playing (apart from the obvious)?
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

Another friendly has been added. We are at home to Newport County next Saturday. We are also sending a team to play in the 3 team tournament at Weymouth on the same day.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Bloggy wrote:Lots of guessing this afternoon but can anyone confirm who we had playing (apart from the obvious)?
details here mate

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 41167.aspx

We are home to Newport County next Saturday!

Looks like it will be youthful team to that tournamnent
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Have they annonced prices for the friendlies yet? Can't say I've seen anything on it!
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

Sorry TUST_Member_Rob but the link you provided is about the Newport game... nothing about who played against Darty!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Hi Bloggy

I reckon we had FOUR "new" faces at Dartmouth today, to go with the triallists that remain from the Galmpton game.

The Right Back (2); the holding Central Midfielder (8 ) ; the other Centre Mid (9) and the Right Winger (11) were all new to me - even though I spent the whole of the game thinking the 11 was Shepherd Murembedzi when apparently it wasn't!!

I was reliably informed after the game as to the identities of a couple of the new faces, I believe the number 8 was Sam Topliss who was with Hull and more recently featured in the FAT Final for North Ferriby. The tricky winger (not Murembedzi) went by the name of Femi and I understand he is most probably Femi Orenuga - ex Everton, most recently Gloucester City.

Still working on the number 2 (who seemed to end up in a right old battle) and the number 9 who seemed to be called Gus. I believe at least a couple of these new faces had literally turned up on the day to play.

As for the rest, it was Lavercombe in goal, Maduako (triallist) and Ododin centre backs, with Jamie Richards (triallist) at Left Back. The three triallists in the middle were joined by young Sam Chaney on the left ( who I thought was our best player on the day) completing our four in midfield. Up front was Liam Prynn and of course Ashley Yeoman. The subs seemed to be made up of our three "apprentices" - Tiegan Rosenquest, Will Hancox and Charlie Duke - while there was another unidentified triallist (6) who also featured in the second half at Galmpton who came on for Odofin at half time.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

Thanks CP.
Great detective work!
I won't ask if you noted the times of the goals (as that would be asking too much)!
My son caught some of the second half goals on an ipad... just a shame his finger was obscuring the lens for Chaney's goal!
Darty were really giving number 2 a hard time and poor 11 was also singled out on numerous occasions!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Great report CP, as always, from the apprentices I see the club are asking for digs for Charlie so that's encouraging and the other who's name I wouldn't attempt to pronounce and Will Hancox (any relation to Richard?) who showed in your opnion the most promise? Difficult in one viewing I know.