Have Steve Breed and Deano invested money ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

No kids for me mate. Just questioning the credentials of people being appointed to important roles. If we are not allowed to do that then that's fine.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

It just seems to me that this seems to be what is wrong with the club at the moment. These guys stopped the chain going round the door and deserve our respect and they deserve the chance to show they can carry this club forward. Personally I think judgement should be reserved and time given. It's hard times being a Torquay fan at the moment but can we not unite and help change this together?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
StretfordGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by StretfordGull »

We've still got a team to support.
We have Torquay supporters on the board and in charge.
Let's just all be positive for a change and get behind the new changes.
If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. However at this point, there is absolutely no point in being negative or questioning whether the new board is a good thing or not. It's a board. Let's just be grateful that we have football to watch.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Does it matter?
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

Last season was very very hard for most of us to take but the new guys have put heart and soul into saving TUFC; I can't see any point in petty questions about who has put what into what; we have a football club; 2 guys at the helm who have really stood up to be counted; a new manager who has and can do the job. Be bloody thankful ........... I am.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

The bottom line is that if these two had not stepped in, Torquay United would be defunct. They have been in the job for less than a week, and have already made some huge decisions. None of us were prepared to step in and give our time to rescuing the club, and so we are bloody lucky that someone did. Question their roles all you want Eddy, but be glad there are people performing those roles, rather than an empty building with a for sale sign outside. I have met Steve on away days a good few times, and he has passion by the bucketload, as well as his own business. He travels home and away, and devoted a huge amount of his own time to TUFC before he took on this role, and so I think that it's a bit silly to think that now he is CEO he would be spending his time pissing about in a self made cushy job.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

teeboo100 wrote:Incredible

Apologies if I have offended you. I wish you all the very best in your new role, as I do the rest of the owners and staff.
As a concerned fan living away from the bay I am just interested in finding out as much as I can about the new custodians of the club and like everyone else putting my mind at rest as to the long term future of the club.

Thank you for all your hard work so far, long may it continue. Up the Gulls!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

They organised the consortium, you had the opportunity to do the same thing, as did all of us, but we didn't, so to criticise at this point is ridiculous.

All of their decisions thus far have been the right ones, in my opinion, and some of them have been very hard line business decisions.

I think that having a CEO and a Director of football who haven't put money in is a good thing, it means if they aren't performing, the decision to boot them out is a lot simpler.

I can't answer what experience Steve Breed has, or what Dean Edwards job role/plans are exactly, but instead of spouting off on here when they have had no time to prove anything (except get in what most people seem to think is a very good manager, which I assume Edwards had a lot to do with) why don't you e-mail the club and ask them, as they invited people to do yesterday on the OS

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 95218.aspx
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

well, I'm shocked that the negativity has begun already. Shocked, I tells ya.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

Dean Edwards was sacked as manager of Hednesford Town in 2009 after a flying start saw them fall away (sound familiar?).
He brought in such players as Duane Darby and Matt Elliott (Assistant Manager).

Better luck to him as DoF at Plainmoor.
HopeGloryGulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Sharpe

Post by HopeGloryGulls »

Blue and yellow blood, that's all I have to say expect COYY!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

I'd also add that asking if individual members of the consortium have invested money is irrelevant.

They are members of the consortium, and that is enough. They would not be allowed, or would not be invited, to be members of said consortium unless other people involved felt they had something valuable to bring to the table. That might be money, it might be experience, it might be something else; it doesn't matter.

All that's important is that consortium as a whole has invested money to take control of the club and they put people in place they feel can improve thge situation at Plainmoor. That's plenty for me.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

As someone who worked for many years providing services and support for older people in the Bay I know of Steve's domiciliary care business and it's very well run,with caring well motivated and trained staff who will go the extra mile for their clients.It's a tough business,with exacting standards and there are plenty of inadequate money-grabbing providers in the care industry believe me-Steve's business is definitely not one of them and the recent Care Quality Commission(CQC) inspections of his care agency,which are very thorough,are complementary about nearly every aspect of the care provided .
Running a football club will be very different of course,but I have no doubt Steve has the skills and competence to do a good job at TUFC too-give him a chance.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:As someone who worked for many years providing services and support for older people in the Bay I know of Steve's domiciliary care business and it's very well run,with caring well motivated and trained staff who will go the extra mile for their clients.It's a tough business,with exacting standards and there are plenty of inadequate money-grabbing providers in the care industry believe me-Steve's business is definitely not one of them and the recent Care Quality Commission(CQC) inspections of his care agency,which are very thorough,are complementary about nearly every aspect of the care provided .
Running a football club will be very different of course,but I have no doubt Steve has the skills and competence to do a good job at TUFC too-give him a chance.

If I was cheap and always in need of easy gag, I'd make some comment about Plainmoor being the original place for 'older people of the Bay' to go to, so it's not as though Steve's job has changed much.

But I'm not cheap, so I'd never make that comment :)

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

There wasn't any other option so to start criticising these people when they have only been in their jobs for three days is ridiculous.
It may not work out who knows but without them we probably wouldn't have a club.
If I was Mr Breed though I just would bother taking the the time to reply to shite on here. Good luck to him and Dean Edwards.
We have no longer got a youth system which wasn't affordable and we no longer have a manager who was a liability so in my book thats two positives so far.