Club Ownership

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

teeboo100 wrote:Tufc si ile.confirm again nothing repeat nothing has gone to sh*t as you put it.. This is and has been a very long process which is in no way our consortium's fault.. I a would love to confirm we are over the line but we are only receiving our due diligence report today.. Please though keep faith what I can confirm is we have a set of superb people on this who are quite frankly busting a gut to sort this.. Like Bill Phillips reported yesterday next week is a massive week in the history of torquay united football club....
Hats off you to you sir!!! :goodpost:
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Cheers Steve! It's nice to have updates from source for once rather than what some idiot heard off his neighbour's cat. Hoping all gets sorted ASAP and we can start our preparations for next season.
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

Starting to breath easier........... we wish you well Steve, as do many many others I'm sure.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

have to say it's nice to get this sort of information from somebody involved with the process. It's a shame the club can't be more forthcoming on such matters, but I'm prepared to give them a pass as maybe they're not allowed or have been advised to stay quiet during the due diligence phase.

Mr. Breed - good to see you on these boards again. All this seems a long way from crossing paths in Stanleys/Hills.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

happytorq wrote:have to say it's nice to get this sort of information from somebody involved with the process. It's a shame the club can't be more forthcoming on such matters, but I'm prepared to give them a pass as maybe they're not allowed or have been advised to stay quiet during the due diligence phase.

Mr. Breed - good to see you on these boards again. All this seems a long way from crossing paths in Stanleys/Hills.
Maybe the club are trying to act 'professionally'!!!! :lol:
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

I have been following this for some time, but have not posted on hear due to the posts of some of the idiots who had a tendency to frequent these forums. I would like to say thanks to Steve Breed for at least taking the time to keep people informed of what is going on at our club. Nobody else has taken the time to do this, and it's refreshing to see someone willing to put himself out there. I would ask, that if successful, even if you get the usual crap posted by certain posters on here, that you don't let that change your philosophy of keeping the fans informed via this media.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

Orange Gull wrote:Where did you read this?

Quite embarrassingly OG, it was a small passage I read on a very well known social network site and whilst not wanting to believe it, it seems like anything could happen at present :Oops:

Thank you to Steve though for quashing what I had read and I apologise for doubting things!!

I was just want the whole sorry story to be over now, for us to have a decent set of owners and to finally get on prepping for the upcoming season!! :)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

teeboo100 wrote:Tufc si ile.confirm again nothing repeat nothing has gone to sh*t as you put it.. This is and has been a very long process which is in no way our consortium's fault.. I a would love to confirm we are over the line but we are only receiving our due diligence report today.. Please though keep faith what I can confirm is we have a set of superb people on this who are quite frankly busting a gut to sort this.. Like Bill Phillips reported yesterday next week is a massive week in the history of torquay united football club....
Cheers Steve.....
Hope everything gets concluded soon.
And well done and thanks to all in your consortium
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Mav wrote:I have been following this for some time, but have not posted on hear due to the posts of some of the idiots who had a tendency to frequent these forums. I would like to say thanks to Steve Breed for at least taking the time to keep people informed of what is going on at our club. Nobody else has taken the time to do this, and it's refreshing to see someone willing to put himself out there. I would ask, that if successful, even if you get the usual crap posted by certain posters on here, that you don't let that change your philosophy of keeping the fans informed via this media.
:goodpost:

Added in 7 minutes 6 seconds:
Thanks for the update teeboo100. Very much appreciated. Really hope it works out, you have my support.

The club are almost certainly bound legally not to report on any progress or not, so you cant slag them for that.

What will be will be, but the current consortium seem just the right people to take over.

As for Kelvin Thomas, I don't know him and don't know anything other than what I read on here and the HE so its hard to comment. What I do know though is the world is full of bullshitters and con men, witness whats happened in a certain foreign country this week. The thing is, its hard to trust anyone when money is involved.
TUST MEMBER
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Anyone else starting to have the feeling of dread descend over them? I may be making irrational conclusions in my head but the fact Steve 'teeboo100' Breed has not been on any the forums with a positive message over the last few days fills me with fear!
Last edited by Richinns on 03 Jun 2015, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I share this feeling. I just hope that this problem is not due to one or more of the current board wanting "loans" back. If so, we will never forgive them. Ever.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

I hate to negative but I can't help but think that Youth department will be shut down. I imagine the new consortium would want to get the football club back to its former glory and back in the league and put all there money into that rather than running the Youth Academy. Extra money could be spent on players, and ways to help get the club back in the league.

I hope I am wrong though.
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

If things aren't resolved quickly the whole club will be shut down. Time for the current directors to do 'what's right for the club' finally as words are cheap If the new owners decide to scale back the youth system because it's all we an afford then it will be a crying shame but the alternatives could be a lot worse. My God these are dark days. Losing 5-1 at home to Braintree may seem like the good old days if we're not careful!!!!!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I hope both penfolds11 (from BTPIR) and the mods of this board do not mind me reposting his insight but I thought it seemed very much on the money:

Firstly, If the national League board kick us out of the National League and National League South then we are scuppered: there is no guarantee that we can join the Southern league Premier, and presumably no incentive for the consortium to proceed with their takeover of a club that will be English League Level 7 (Premier League = level 1) at best and possibly worse.

Secondly, irrespective of whether the bond is paid or not, as you say Merse the club will die anyway if there is no more cash injected into it to pay off whatever financial liabilities still exist.

So in reality we need both things to happen: more money and the National league to accept us into their league(s).

Thirdly, for Dean Edwards to send a call out for anybody who is prepared to throw money at Torquay United to give him a call because the consortium needs money is a sure sign that there were some unpleasantries hiding under the rocks that the consortium uncovered during their week of due diligence. Goodness knows what they were, but clearly the consortium don't have sufficient funds to take the club forward as they had thought this time last week.

Presumably that would also mean that TUST's estimate of £250k was wide of the mark.

Read more: http://thelondonlabia.proboards.com/thr ... z3c0vXUbcL
Last edited by Richinns on 03 Jun 2015, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just a suggestion Rich, for the future, I always send a PM to the post author and ask permission to use content from the post, and I think I'm right in saying, the post should contain a link to the thread as it's another forums/websites property.
Formerly known as forevertufc