Retained list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Agree with every single one. Would like to see Ajala, Ives and Lavercombe all sign on.

We simply had to create room to bring in quality in every area of the pitch. We need at least one player in every position, and that required a massive clear out.

The players in limbo are not exactly 'in demand' elsewhere. We should certainly look at a few other targets before committing to any offers.

That's part one done. Now for the really important bit - probably ten new signings.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Gulliball wrote:Agree with every single one. Would like to see Ajala, Ives and Lavercombe all sign on.

We simply had to create room to bring in quality in every area of the pitch. We need at least one player in every position, and that required a massive clear out.

The players in limbo are not exactly 'in demand' elsewhere. We should certainly look at a few other targets before committing to any offers.

That's part one done. Now for the really important bit - probably ten new signings.
Sorry Gulliball - you live in Football Fantasy land ! Where do you think we are going to find ten new signings to replace some (not all) of the players leaving, even if we had the money ??
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

I don't see your objection. We currently have 6 players under contract. We will be signing 10+ players this summer (including new contracts) to fill the squad.

The budget will determine how good they are, but we will be signing a lot of players this summer.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Considering the players released were being carried on big wages I think CH has got the release part of the rebuilding process right. Downes is a shame but we can't afford to keep paying him what he was on! Would like to see Dawson offered a contract. Yeoman has had his chance IMO and it may be time to move on.

I believe this leaves us:
GK - Lavercombe (subject to signing contract)
---
LB - Ives (subject to signing contract)
CB - MacDonald
---
CM - Luke Young
CM - Courtney Richards
CM - Sam Chaney
RW - Toby Ajala (subject to signing contract)
---
FW - Ryan Bowman
FW - Louis Briscoe

That leaves Harding, Yeoman, Dawson Gueguen and McQuilkin in 'limbo' over new deals. Prynn and Odofin will probably be offered deals.

Lavercombe may be good enough to play as no. 1 and from reports he's been excellent and doesn't look under pressure. However, an experienced GK is a must if we're to slowly bed the lad in and develop him properly. Dawson as RB with A.N Other, a few good CBs (experience for reasonable money is key) and a LB with more physicality that Ives should be on CH's shopping list. Daniel I would sign if he can produce it on a weekly basis. I still believe Bowman is our key goalscorer and Briscoe has the ability, however an athletic CF who can score goals is a must.

A summer of many changes it is, and rightly so! That is if we ever find out who's gonna be running the club..
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

happytorq wrote: It's about time Chris Hargreaves was able to deliver Parcell.
:goodpost: :lol:
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Yeoman can't be far off a testimonial can he?! Think it's been seven seasons since his debut and he's only made 13 starts! It's very strange that four different managers have given him contracts but none have trusted him to be a first-team regular. He's probably one of our lower earners so perhaps that's working in his favour.

Does anybody know the state of Hodges' and Veysey's contracts? Nothing against those two but to save money it would make more sense to bring in an experienced goalkeeper who can double up as a coach and the same for a player/assistant manager.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

What a load of rubbish from Hargreaves that they cannot afford to keep Parcell, just do what you have done in the past you numpty, loan him out and get his wages paid by someone else. Also if your telling me that Oneil Odofin is ready to play but Parcell isn't I can't stop laughing. He couldn't do 10 kick ups
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

yeovilgull wrote: :goodpost: :lol:
I suspect he will end up working for Royal mail like many players at this level :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Admiral wrote:Considering the players released were being carried on big wages I think CH has got the release part of the rebuilding process right. Downes is a shame but we can't afford to keep paying him what he was on! Would like to see Dawson offered a contract. Yeoman has had his chance IMO and it may be time to move on.

I believe this leaves us:
GK - Lavercombe (subject to signing contract)
I thought Dan had already signed a contract ? As for Daniel (or Campbell), enquiries can't be made until we know whether or not they've been released by Charlton & Oxford of course.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Downes is poor unless the ball is in the air and landing on his head in either box. He makes poor decisions, he doesn't read the game at all and I've felt for the last 2 seasons he's generally a liability. However he was one of very few that actually cares about what he's doing and I've never doubted he's tried his best for us which can't be said about a fair few of them for that alone I thank him. I wish him well for the future and again unlike some of them I think he'll get a new club somewhere.

Really pleased at the prospect of an entirely new back 4 for next season, obviously MacDonald is one of them which is good news but 3 new first team defenders will be a welcome addition to the club as it's an area we've been horrendous in for far too long.

Again don't want to be nasty but I hope Guegen isn't one of them seriously not impressed in the limited amounts I've seen of him, be interesting to see the sort of calibre of player we could get.

Not defensive related but in the forwards I wonder if someone will take a chance on Tony Gray of Telford, I know he's 30 but he got 18 goals for the worst side in the league, that's an impressive tally and again someone that wouldn't cost a lot of money for somebody.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

.... talking of Telford, I wonder whether we might have another look at Godfrey Poku - like we did last pre season. Then, his trial was unfortunately cut short due to an injury he had picked up and in the end I guess Courtney Richards got his "slot" in the squad. If we were looking for more physicality in the centre of the park (surprisingly though he had more free kicks awarded in his favour than anyone else in the League!) then he might fit the bill and could well be available again following their relegation.

He certainly established himself as a fans favourite there this season as he picked up all FOUR of their end of season player awards.
Last edited by CP Gull on 29 Apr 2015, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

CP Gull wrote:.... talking of Telford, I wonder whether we might have another look at Godfrey Poku - like we did last pre season. Then, his trial was unfortunately cut short due to an injury he had picked up and in the end I guess Courtney Richards got his "slot" in the squad. If we were looking for more physicality in the centre of the park (surprisingly though he had more free kicks awarded in his favour than anyone else in the League though!) then he might fit the bill and could well be available again following their relegation.

He certainly established himself as a fans favourite their this season as he picked up all FOUR of their end of season player awards.
He'd definitely fit in well here with his disciplinary record (three red cards this season)! He's the type of player we need though - a nasty and physical hardman who does the dirty work which would allow Young the license to roam forward and hopefully bring the best out of our captain.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Don't be surprised if our friend at Yeovil comes after Ajala a golden rule is not to let other managers near your players. Just a thought.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

"Again don't want to be nasty but I hope Guegen isn't one of them seriously not impressed in the limited amounts I've seen of him, be interesting to see the sort of calibre of player we could get. "

Agreed!
TUST MEMBER
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I hope we don't sign Poku, he has the most annoying voice I've ever heard on a football pitch! Sounds like he is breathing helium!