Is Hargreaves fit for purpose?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Scott Brehaut wrote:So you say this:
Yet, just above that explained that you felt that the fullbacks and wide midfielders were too far apart and that Ives and Dawson were isolated, coming under pressure etc, yet Does that not suggest to you that our "inexperienced manager" who is "not learning", actually recognised the very thing that you did, and addressed it? Far from not learning, I would suggest that he is doing that very thing, especially in the example you highlighted....
Scott yes I did, I'm not a person that won't say if a person gets it right, Chris did on Saturday but what I'm saying this could be sorted out after ten minutes not at half time. I'm not young enough to take the pressure of managing now, but I'm sure there is an ex-manager out there willing to talk things over which would help.
I must admit I love giving my opinion and I have been good at getting the balance right in a side which is the main problem for our team as we play to open!
I will always listen to anyone in football as you learn all the time and I can relate to a lot of things that supporters talk about. :keepie:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

arcadia wrote: Scott yes I did, I'm not a person that won't say if a person gets it right, Chris did on Saturday but what I'm saying this could be sorted out after ten minutes not at half time. I'm not young enough to take the pressure of managing now, but I'm sure there is an ex-manager out there willing to talk things over which would help.
I must admit I love giving my opinion and I have been good at getting the balance right in a side which is the main problem for our team as we play to open!
I will always listen to anyone in football as you learn all the time and I can relate to a lot of things that supporters talk about. :keepie:
So you're an ex football manager Arcadia?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yep, he bought his own copy of Championship Manager and hasn't looked back since :keepie: :keepie: :keepie:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:Yep, he bought his own copy of Championship Manager and hasn't looked back since :keepie: :keepie: :keepie:
I've been waiting for you to appear. Enjoy playing with yourself!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:Yep, he bought his own copy of Championship Manager and hasn't looked back since :keepie: :keepie: :keepie:
I've been waiting for you to appear. Enjoy playing with yourself!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

So excited by my appearance you posted twice........again ;-)
Dave

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It's been a forgettable, many would say awful, season. But Hargreaves, in his first full season as manager, has done no worse than could have been expected. Of course things could have been better in many respects, but it would be unfair on CH and the club to say they should have been better. While everybody would have been disappointed, to say the least, if we had finished the season struggling at the bottom end of the table, to finish in a mid-table position is quite reasonable in all the circumstances.

That said, I reckon the year ahead will be one in which everybody will have, quite rightly, raised their expectations. If those expectations remain unfulfilled, the disappointment will be all the greater, and the calls for more drastic change will become even more strident. The next twelve months will be exciting in more ways than one.

But if the club's supporters are true and loyal fans who want to see a sustainable future for league football in the area, then we should, we must, over the next few months, give our full support to the club, the TUST, to CH, and to the team.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Gullscorer wrote:It's been a forgettable, many would say awful, season. But Hargreaves, in his first full season as manager, has done no worse than could have been expected. Of course things could have been better in many respects, but it would be unfair on CH and the club to say they should have been better. While everybody would have been disappointed, to say the least, if we had finished the season struggling at the bottom end of the table, to finish in a mid-table position is quite reasonable in all the circumstances.

That said, I reckon the next twelve months will be exciting in more ways than one, and the year ahead will be one in which everybody will have raised their expectations. If those expectations remain unfulfilled, the disappointment will be all the greater, and the calls for more drastic change will become even more strident.

But if the club's supporters are true and loyal fans who want to see a sustainable future for league football in the area, then we should, we must, over the next few months, give our full support to the club, the TUST, to CH, and to the team.

Smell it ? :Z

It's on the front of the face, in front of the eyes and ears for a reason.

Like Salmon and Sturgeon, I smell something fishy (and it aint Brixham or Grimsby).

:engflag:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Stevie_RitchTea
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Stevie_RitchTea »

I dont check these forums much so forgive me if this has been posted before.

I believe that CH himself said his purpose was to "do his best to keep the team in the Football League" (failed) "and if not, make sure they go straight back up" (also failed)

The fact that he failed both his targets, does that not answer the question that this thread asks?
TUST Member 405
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Stevie_RitchTea wrote:I believe that CH himself said his purpose was to "do his best to keep the team in the Football League" (failed) "and if not, make sure they go straight back up" (also failed)

The fact that he failed both his targets, does that not answer the question that this thread asks?
Yes it does.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gullscorer wrote:It's been a forgettable, many would say awful, season. But Hargreaves, in his first full season as manager, has done no worse than could have been expected. Of course things could have been better in many respects, but it would be unfair on CH and the club to say they should have been better. While everybody would have been disappointed, to say the least, if we had finished the season struggling at the bottom end of the table, to finish in a mid-table position is quite reasonable in all the circumstances.

That said, I reckon the year ahead will be one in which everybody will have, quite rightly, raised their expectations. If those expectations remain unfulfilled, the disappointment will be all the greater, and the calls for more drastic change will become even more strident. The next twelve months will be exciting in more ways than one.

I shudder at the thought of saying it but :goodpost:
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084