FA Trophy Quarter-Final vs. FC United of Manchester

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

That's the poster ive seen on facebook, it's great and something that the club should so rather than just tweet the standard:

FA Trophy Prices - Link

Great poster again, will share it around!

Also saw your post forever, how can I change the thread title? Is it something mods can do?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If you go to the opening post of the thread and choose the edit option, you will be able to amend the title of the thread.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Gullscorer wrote:If you go to the opening post of the thread and choose the edit option, you will be able to amend the title of the thread.
Thanks, and edited! :-D

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thanks for posting that Admiral, yep that's the flyer I saw and shared to my FB page, great work that thought it was quality. Cheers Roar for changing thread title.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Club have maybe seen this thread! :whistle:
Attachments
10978637_649113178545317_611607077976575644_n.jpg

Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Thanks for the comments guys! Hoping to carry on doing them, gets the word around well enough. Glad to see the club have clocked onto it, 5,000 people have been reached by the post on The Yellow Army.

Really looking forward to this one, with the play-offs a fading dream the Trophy is our only real chance of joy this season. Oh, and the extra money would be nice..
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

From my contacts within the club and from other friends in the area - they have 11 coaches booked to come down, some are flying to Exeter via Flybe and it seems the Tor Park Hotel is doing a weekend break for £178 (3days) and a lot are booked on the coach trip down with them!!! which should be fun if is full of Grannies hoping for a quiet trip/weekend and a trip to Trago Mills!

Torquay will be busy on Saturday for sure
Betty Swollocks
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Ryan Bowman

Post by Betty Swollocks »

BayGull wrote:From my contacts within the club and from other friends in the area - they have 11 coaches booked to come down, some are flying to Exeter via Flybe and it seems the Tor Park Hotel is doing a weekend break for £178 (3days) and a lot are booked on the coach trip down with them!!! which should be fun if is full of Grannies hoping for a quiet trip/weekend and a trip to Trago Mills!

Torquay will be busy on Saturday for sure

all systems go fellas ;-)

brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Anyone know if Danny's drumming for this one?
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Seems to be quite a few attending this one. :)
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Hope the Torquay fans can give it their all on Saturday. The fans were good at Hemel Hempstead, but resorted to singing the songs of old players who aren't at the club anymore. Why don't we adapt a few of the songs to our present players ? It would be easy for everyone to join in. Here are some of my suggestions.....

1. He's six foot wide and better than Rooney... Louis Briscoe, Louis Briscoe....
2. Ryan Bowman is a yellow goal machine, a yellow goal machine....
3. He plays on the right, he plays on the left, that boy Courtney makes Giggsy look shite...
4. He's here, he's there he,s every-f...-where, Toby Ajala, Toby Ajala
5. Luke Young is a football genius.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Looking forward to this game, fingers crossed for a good atmosphere!

Hopefully with no league pressure we can go out there and play well

With Young back after a good break I think he'll make the difference, hopefully Bowman is fit too!

brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I can't wait! It would be really good if people could have another wave of sharing the posters for the game on Facebook and Twitter, and if you can ask your mates to share it as well, that would be great! I prefer Admirals e-flyer to the clubs official one, as the 'Road to Wembley' slogan, and Wembley picture are more likely to attract the casual fan. Bring mates along, text everyone in your contact list (if you're on contract), all that stuff! This is set to be the best attendance of the season, and hopefully the atmosphere could attract the casual fans who do attend to come back again.

Tottenham v Arsenal before, and Liverpool v Everton after, this is the football day of kings!

Get on it, lets pack the place! COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

brooker wrote:I can't wait! It would be really good if people could have another wave of sharing the posters for the game on Facebook and Twitter, and if you can ask your mates to share it as well, that would be great! I prefer Admirals e-flyer to the clubs official one, as the 'Road to Wembley' slogan, and Wembley picture are more likely to attract the casual fan. Bring mates along, text everyone in your contact list (if you're on contract), all that stuff! This is set to be the best attendance of the season, and hopefully the atmosphere could attract the casual fans who do attend to come back again.

Tottenham v Arsenal before, and Liverpool v Everton after, this is the football day of kings!

Get on it, lets pack the place! COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!
:goodpost:

I'm gonna give it another share later this afternoon. Like Brooker has said, it's all about attracting the 'casual fan' and social networking is a great way to do this. Keep sharing, you never know a final push may add a few hundred to the gate. We wanna win this thing!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I spoke to some away fans at Plainmoor this morning who had flown to Exeter with Flybe.

Very friendly folks. They mentioned they have a very good goalkeeper but the defence is vulnerable to crosses.

Looking forward to a terrific cup tie.