Torquay United v Dover Athletic – Saturday 20th September

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:No agenda here, I just wanted to come on and say how delighted I am at how well you are doing this season. Top spot could be hit come 5pm tomorrow and I've been looking out for your results and they've been impressive, especially the win at codheads. I'm so pleased for you all and it looks like the good times are finally coming back again to Plainmoor (sorry - The Launa Stadium hehe!). I wish you well for tomorrow and I hope everyone I had the fortune of meeting is in good health. Up the Gulls!
Good to see you're still looking in from time to time, Andy. I hope you will give us a pre-match pre-amble next week before the Alfreton match cos Alfreton are in you neck of the woods and I for one know nothing whatsoever about the place. No doubt you will be going to the match if only to see Karl Hawley playing again ........ :~D By the way, you must give us a run down on your match day experience at Derby one day.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

taxilady wrote:Luke was booked at Southport H, Dartford A,Lincoln A & again on Saturday. So.one to go !!!!!
Ta Taxilady. So let's hope he gets booked tomorrow so that he misses the Alfreton match. We should be able to manage without him for that one !
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

tomogull wrote: Ta Taxilady. So let's hope he gets booked tomorrow so that he misses the Alfreton match. We should be able to manage without him for that one !
You mean the Telford game - we don't play Alfreton until October 11th
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Jeff wrote: You mean the Telford game - we don't play Alfreton until October 11th
The alfreton is live on bt sport as well
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Alfreton is a complete shithole Tomo. I pass through often and I've a friend there too. It's basically a large village that gets it's status from having a train station and a Tesco. There is nothing to do or see. I wasn't trying to elicit responses from people just to wish you all well. Oh, and I DO NOT support Derby! I went once for the experience and it was plastic. I think Taxilady has an inkling where my bread's now buttered. I'm content at last. Like many of you have said, home is where the heart is. It's like I was never away.

Hopefully I may return to Plainmoor again one day but for now I just wanted to pass on my regards and to say how happy I am for you all to be enjoying football once again. Football brings people together and does great things. Hopefully both of these for TUFC this season. Dover and out.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Jeff wrote: You mean the Telford game - we don't play Alfreton until October 11th
Ah yes, Jeff - you're right. It's Telford next week - not Alfreton. Cheers !
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Gullscorer wrote:Our lads will have disgraced themselves if they don't score double figures in this game..........
How do you spell 'bannnannna skin'?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

nice one andy, you back on the york bus these days?? i'll be at alfreton, will keep my eyes peeled, altho with it being such a late kick off i may not be seeing very much!!

gotta be thinking about a convincing home win today, i cant see any banana skins, with the confidence running thru the whole squad i'm gonna go for a big win to nil, backing 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 i think with o'achie anytime to boost the price up

enjoy the game those of you that are going. drinking again for me! will be around until then heading out for a few ales around crookes

yellow army
still keeping the faith
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

What a great start to the season and long may it continue but why am I so very nervous today,is it because we are expected to win,some say by a cricket score,but I am worried,this is the type of game where Torquay usually trip up.My very first season we were going along very nicely and a third round trip to New Brighton,did not even know where that was,looked a walkover,no we lost and ever since when we are expected to win we do the opposite,remember Barrow at home last time in the conference so if I was near a bookies I would put twenty quid on Dover and pray that I loose the money.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Our Lineup:
Rice; Tonge, Downes, MacDonald, Cruise; Chapell, Young, Richards, Ajala; Bowman, Ofori-Acheampong
Subs: Pearce, Cameron, Yeoman, Wakefield and Seabright
If we win this, it'll mean our last 6 games including today will have been 18 from 18 points! Have a feeling this could be a 0-0 though...
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Greetings from Udon Thani,

Any updates appreciated.

COYY!! :scarf:
TUST No 278
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Live text here

Live radio commentary from Radio Devon here and Radio Kent here

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

I'm mostly going on BBC text commentary but Ryan Bowman always seems to get a shot on target within two minutes.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Afternoon all. I'll be going between here and BBC text. We should get the points here but I hate to get too confident. COYY!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

atmosphere seems a litte flat from the Woking game. I am firmly of the opinion (and I am unanimous in that) that if we get an atmosphere going the team will respond to that. I don't hold with the theory that they should score and be playing out of their brains before we get going. that's a selfish attitude that says. don't think what I can do for my country. what can my country do for me.
Come on lads. give em some support. Just been mentioned that this is one of those days when the crowd can give the team a lift.

Marvin Morgan has scored for Plymuff. the comment of the day is thats the first goal he's scored since Maggie Thatcher came to Power. Oh my life. that;s a good un.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843