Politics

General chat about anything else goes here.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

As I've said many times before I'm probably not going to vote UKIP but I admire Mr Farage and his charisma. What I do despise however is politicians scrambling on to the 'he's racist' bandwagon as soon as someone from UKIP says anything slightly anti-European.

It's not racist in the slightest and Farage is well representing a lot of people's views on our membership of the EU. The fact you might want tighter controls on immigration does not make you racist in the slightest. The BNP's barraging of people with Muslim beliefs is racist, however. UKIP actually represents a genuine political angle, and for that I applaud them.

Politicians trying to shout down Farage with cries of 'racism' are simply damaging their own campaign in my eyes. They need to engage with him and have a genuine discussion on the contrasting views - as Nick Clegg did recently on TV. And I thoroughly commend Mr Clegg for taking the game to Farage.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Did anybody watch question time the other night? I swear the main parties are starting to feel a bit threatened by UKIP. Their representatives on the show were doing everything to try and discredit UKIP and they were making accusations about policies which were utter rubbish, I went on UKIP's website and had a good read of what they would do and what they stand for and its nothing like the pictures that the other parties are trying to paint. :no:

Also did anyone see Farage and Ed Milliband on Andrew Marr last Sunday? Farage would tear him to pieces in a proper debate! Milliband just does not want to give a straight answer to any questions does he? :|
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

You're right. It happened today, not for the first time, on Andrew Neil's Sunday Politics: the BBC trying to smear UKIP and present them in a negative light, and Nigel Farage again emerging as the winner by a knockout (or certainly on points). In contrast, observe, on this and similar programmes, the interviewers of other party leaders as they always ensure not to overstep the borderline between respectfulness and incisiveness.

On the Andrew Marr show Cameron again made much of his renewed promise of a referendum following a 're-negotiated EU treaty', ignoring the fact that people don't want a re-negotiation, they simply want a referendum. And Labour leader Milliband similarly being less than open, clear and truthful. Only Farage comes across as a good old-fashioned honest politician of principle.

Anyway, that's how I see things, and my opinion is the only one that counts, since I'm nearly always right.. ;-) :whistle:
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

:)
Attachments
image.jpg
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

This guy is a British Citizen who fought for and nearly died for his country, yet the Government will not allow his wife and two children to join him here. At the same time the Government allows (and the EU requires) the immigration gates to remain wide open for any and all Europeans to enter the country with no questions asked. The UK simply has no room for migrants to come here from Europe unchecked, yet allows them in nonetheless, and lacks decency and compassion in cases such as this:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

GIVE SOLDIERS FOOTBALLERS WAGES! LOL! ROFLCOPTER! YNWA! JFT96!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Looks like UKIP are kicking some serious backsides. Surprisingly, the Tories are still holding ground though. Perhaps that's due to the core voters who vote for them, 'because they always have'. Labour are also gaining some ground back on the Tories which is understandable as they are in a much more stable position than they were the last time around. Granted, this will not be a true reflection on the General Election to come but I am quite surprised there has been this much of a swing towards UKIP. Nice to see another voice being allowed a chance though, as much as I don't support UKIP.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Belatedly, the mainstream politicians are now saying they hear the voice of the electorate, and will take heed of voters' concerns. So why only now have they begun to listen? Cameron has promised us an 'in/out' referendum after the next election. Well, we know what Cameron's promises of a referendum are worth; remember his previous referendum promise? His next referendum, if he gives us one, will not be so much 'in/out', more a vote on his new 'successful' EU negotiations, accompanied by all the pro-EO propaganda they can muster.

It is telling that the Liberal Democrats, the party which has always been the most pro-EU, has been almost annihilated in this EU election, while UKIP, the only party which wants to take us out of the EU, has been the most successful. The message to the other parties is clear. Yet the established political class has no intention of giving up on their undemocratic and disastrous EU project. You can be sure that they will continue to do all in their power to vilify and demonise UKIP and to misrepresent and discredit its policies in the months and years ahead.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

It's worth also noting that Italy, France and Germany have all had big wins from Parties with similar views to UKIP. The EU will fall apart if they all drop out.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"