Fancy dress - Mansfield Away

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Fancy dress - Mansfield Away

Post by Colorado Gull »

As sad as it is, this will be our last away game in the football league and probably for a while. Now, I know it's very difficult to organise things like this for Torquay United fans and this may be false hope, but here it is.

Lets make our last away game in the football league as a good laugh! Lets not be depressed, lets show Mansfield and the rest of the football league, that Torquay United fans are still the best fans in the country! I know a few are up for it, the more the merrier. Come on Torquay fans, join in, have a laugh.

I'm sure I'll get some sarcy comments about this, but many clubs do this for their last game of the season and I think we should join in.

"WE'RE GOING DOWN BUT WE'RE HAVING A PARTY!"

"We're going down, we're going up, we're going down, we're going up, we're going down, we're going up, we're going down, we're going up, the Gulls are going down but we're going straight back up, going straight back up, going straight back up!"

"We're all going to Salisbury on the train, to Salisbury on the train, to Salisbury on the train!"

https://www.facebook.com/events/2644410 ... tif_t=like
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

A good shout I'd say Danny. This season has been completely pitiful so you can only laugh.

Alternatively, you could do what some German club's fans did when they got fed up of the team not scoring and make giant arrows pointing towards the goal.

Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

cambgull wrote:A good shout I'd say Danny. This season has been completely pitiful so you can only laugh.

Alternatively, you could do what some Italian club's fans did when they got fed up of the team not scoring and make giant arrows pointing towards the goal.

We could always do that as well Cambgull!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:As sad as it is, this will be our last away game in the football league and probably for a while. Now, I know it's very difficult to organise things like this for Torquay United fans and this may be false hope, but here it is.

Lets make our last away game in the football league as a good laugh! Lets not be depressed, lets show Mansfield and the rest of the football league, that Torquay United fans are still the best fans in the country! I know a few are up for it, the more the merrier. Come on Torquay fans, join in, have a laugh.

I'm sure I'll get some sarcy comments about this, but many clubs do this for their last game of the season and I think we should join in.

"WE'RE GOING DOWN BUT WE'RE HAVING A PARTY!"

"We're going down, we're going up, we're going down, we're going up, we're going down, we're going up, we're going down, we're going up, the Gulls are going down but we're going straight back up, going straight back up, going straight back up!"

"We're all going to Salisbury on the train, to Salisbury on the train, to Salisbury on the train!"

https://www.facebook.com/events/2644410 ... tif_t=like
What the players as well, tell Matt he's got to come as himself.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Yeah why not good idea,there will after all plenty of people there based in Torquay in track suits and football strips pretending to be something their not.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

We could all dress in black?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

The arrows is a must! I'll try and look in to it if I get enough time.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Yeah why not good idea,there will after all plenty of people there based in Torquay in track suits and football strips pretending to be something their not.

Brilliant! :lol:
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I've had over 20 fans say that they are joining in with this! That's a fantastic number, would be great if any others would like to join in.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

if you need a theme how about a load of "grim reapers" :) singing and dancing around would be a laugh
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

We could all go in Torquay footie strips and pretend to be footballers like the clowns on the pitch !!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

dazgull wrote:if you need a theme how about a load of "grim reapers" :) singing and dancing around would be a laugh
Frig me Daz! This HAS been the theme at most away games this season anyway!!! :lol:

Watching our league status ebb away each week whilst taking the piss out of each other and our predicament. You can't beat it for real comedy value. ;-)

As for the fancy dress thingy. All I'd like to know is who the bloody hell thought of the idea and decided it would be a good rounding off to our season?!!!!! Because I'd like to buy them a pint!! Or at worst a can of 7 Up. It's a bloody cracking idea and I'm out there sourcing a costume as I live and breathe. I thought of going in the nuddy wearing nothing but a body sized condom over me. Folk say I'm such a massive dick so it would be appropriate or I may opt for the more regularly used amongst footy fans and wear a peeling banana. This will suit me (OOH!! SUITS YOU SIR!! OOH!) as I'd then be a banana split personality and can be as mad as a suitcase full of fruit! (£)

No, I'm on it and I will try my best to turn up in a surprise costume which I'm sure will be reflective of my thoughts on the season and the culprits behind our demise. Should be a real good laugh and I urge Alex to get hold of some of those arrows. This game is OUR game, our day out and we can sing, shout and do what the hell we like (within reason) and begin to let go. A stunt such as the arrow one would no doubt have some stoic minded Gulls complaining that it does no good and doesn't help the team blah blah blah and I totally agree but for this match I'd appreciate it if they either lightened up just for this one day and accepted that any jokes and banter aimed at the team is not going to affect us anymore as we are already down. If they can't do this then fine but I **** well am! :)

I'm going to enjoy the day, it's 20 minutes from my house, it's my birthday that very same day and just sod it all, let's all have a biscuit!!!! :) :)

Rock on lads, see you at Field Mill!!!

P.S DO NOT PARK IN THE ADJOINING RETAIL PARK BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH IT SCOT FREE. MARK MY WORDS.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Andy

I'm glad that you are thinking of joining us! Have to say, this was my idea and set up an event on Facebook. I've still got over 20, nearer 25 who are looking to join in. Should be a good day.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Anyone know where I could get hold of some arrows? Done a quick Google but cant really find anything...
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

I actually have a grim reaper outfit which I normally wear for Christmas (don't ask). See you at Mansfield!