The Positive Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I don't think it's over yet.

Accrington, Wycombe, Mansfield & Northampton could easily lose their next 2 games. All have difficult fixtures. if Northampton get points it may well be at expense of Exeter. Torquay have 2 home game, albiet difficult ones. Winng just one of them could put us back in the fight. 4 points even more so.

We still have to play Exeter, Bury, Mansfield & Wycombe.

Mansfield are dropping down the league and have quite hard games. If we catch them on points we probably would on goal difference too.

Torquay have performed miracles to stay up several times in the last 30 years. After 5 minutes at Dagenham last year it looked as if we were going down but a fighting point with 10 men was the turning point. if we can start a run it is certainly not over yet. Win one of the next two and Mansfield & Wycombe could yet be the key games. I just hope that we make a fight of it and don't go down meekly like we did beofre. Then the club was in turmoil. Now it is better run and we have a manager who loves Torquay and can hopefully make up for his inexperience by passing on his passion to the players - and fans.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Can't see it :@ Not this time. Conference South/Southern League semi pro club playing at King George V playing fields, jumpers for goal posts and all that. Just too depressing being a laughing stock of a football club.
Oblivion!!!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

oxgull wrote:Can't see it :@ Not this time. Conference South/Southern League semi pro club playing at King George V playing fields, jumpers for goal posts and all that. Just too depressing being a laughing stock of a football club.
Might be the wrong time to ask this, but are you going Cheltenham this year?
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Forest Green is a good away day.............
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

que Sara sara, whatever will be will be, we're going to forest green, que sara saraaa :)

I belive Wrexham sang this the year they lost their league status.
To the dotted line, We're on our way
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Forest Green now have a strikeforce including Lee Hughes and Luke Rodgers.
KentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence's Afro

Post by KentGull »

Richinns wrote:Forest Green is a good away day.............
being Kent-based, I'm looking forward to the away days next season*....

Barnet, Welling, Braintree, Woking, Aldershort, Dartford, Bromley, Ebbfleet, Dover, Sutton

*if they stay put/come up!

Who the f**k wants to travel to Hartlepool/Scunthorpe et al!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

This thread needs locking
Lucy
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

:goodpost:
lucy6lucy wrote:This thread needs locking
The original taunton_gull!!!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Yeah agree now that there really is nothing to be positive about. :lock:
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

COME ON!!!!!!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

A 10 point gap is now down to 7. Exeter lose again and the great escape is on. We can do this!!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

we'll be on TV more next year, assuming BT still do conference games!
The gulls are going up
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The sun was shining today, the world cup is on soon, Torquay are down so no worrying about whether we will stay or drop anymore, I will be able to watch Bodin's last ever 'performance' in a Torquay shirt at Mansfield and on my birthday too - nobody could have ever given me anything more pleasing other than perhaps a million quid, the non league fixtures always come out a week later than the league ones so we get an extra week not worrying about which small hamlet we will be likely to be rocking up at come August, the conference STARTS a week after the league so we won't get to GO to these hamlets sooner than we think, we can comfortably predict that our new manager will have us scratching our heads big time come Christmas and the good thing is that we know it's coming so we can prepare, I had a Mr Whippy today at a local country park and for the first time in many years It didn't give me the shits - I thought **** it! I'm having a large plain cone and ain't no-one gonna stop me!! BINGO!!! It's all good!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Thought it might be timely to ressurrect this thread. I know some of it was sarcastic or looking for positives in times of doom and gloom but lets now try and get some genuine positivity going.

We are still here, the club is still alive and kicking, lets stop all the crap about people trying to unsettle us for unscrupulous gain. Lets stop banging on about lack of money because that doesnt mean everything in terms of the team itself. Lets stop thinking the players are rubbish because they clearly cant be to get anywhere near this level they just need to learn, be orgainised and gain a bit of confidence, the manager, fans and a few wins can do this. Lets get behind the club, the team and each other, if we are constantly whining and moping then we cant expect new or old supporters to come. So lets do this!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).