Friendliest beaches in Torquay / Babb Cliff Railway

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Friendliest beaches in Torquay / Babb Cliff Railway

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Could someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of a nice beach in the Torquay area to visit this saturday? It is just for a nice stroll with a little one so no crack addicts, roaming packs of American Pitbulls or big issue sellers loitering would be the ideal scenario. Just to while away an hour or so. Doesn't even have to be particularly sandy.

I await the good people of Torquay's response and thankyou. :-D

I've just seen the babbacombe cliff railways website. Has anyone been on this and what happens?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Andy.
Take a stroll along Meadfoot Beach-15 minute walk from the harbour and very pleasant.

Yes, I've been on the website and lots of nice pictures pop-up :lol:

Seriously- it takes you down to Oddicombe beach which took a right pasting in the recent storms;not sure any of the beach cafes etc will be open as smashed-up by the waves.

Very steep walk up and down if you don't take the Cliff Railway.

Where are you staying?

Have a great time!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It's Torquay, not Beirut.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ferrarilover wrote:It's Torquay, not Beirut.

Matt.

Geographically they differ but otherwise...................... :~D :na:

Thanks BHTG for the info. I think I'm just going to head for Shaldon. I love that place and go whenever I'm down. I asked about the beaches around Torquay because I know there are a few and I've not been to any of them so don't know what they are like other than full of sand.

I've been to Paignton seafront once and also the harbour at Brixham and also Shaldon, Dawlish (best not go there for a bit) and Teignmouth. Shaldon is great though.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

If you're at Shaldon I would recommend the beach there. Just up from the pub 'The Ness' you will find some public toilets, and next to those is a long tunnel through the cliff onto a large sandy beach. Quite a nice way to spend an hour.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

bengull wrote:If you're at Shaldon I would recommend the beach there. Just up from the pub 'The Ness' you will find some public toilets, and next to those is a long tunnel through the cliff onto a large sandy beach. Quite a nice way to spend an hour.
also has good pitch and putt! although it's probably been washed away...
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Shaldon pitch and putt is good fun, longer than most pitch and put courses and on the side of a hill. Hit the ball straight on the first tee and you could end up at the bottom of the hill, which I believe is a zoo.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The best beach in the bay is Preston Sands.
Good b&b Channel View Marine Parade