Marines

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

The 'No 22' in the dug out has just come on as No 31 Daniel Sullivan. Mystery over!

Steve
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

I think 22 was Sullivans training shirt but he's wearing 31 on the pitch, looks like Harding and Hutchings are about to come on.
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

3-0 yeoman from a corner
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

4 - 0 Yeoman
Steve

SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

Yeoman has 2 but should have 4 or 5.

4-0
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

FT 4 - 0
Steve

MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

Is there a reason why Pokey is missing?
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

thigh injury apparantly
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

A quick report in case anyone wanted one:

First half we had a lot of similar players on the pitch - Bodin, Chapell, Cameron (and to an extent, Craig) and slightly struggled to accommodate them all. Benyon tried hard but didn't get too much service, and got a bit frustrated with the Bodin-Chapell-Cameron clique preferring to pass to each other. Cameron had one excellent run where he went past three players to assist Bodin for the first goal, and looks willing to take people on. Chapell fairly impressive.

Tonge had a decent game, a lot more willing to get forward than Oastler and really put a shift in bombing on. Good communicator too - kept talking to Cameron and MacKenzie. Quite aggressive defensively and always looking to join the attack.

Second half Yeoman and Sullivan came on and looked quite good; Yeoman got his brace (although could've had more) and Sullivan had some good runs. Harding came on and looked OK - tall defensive mid, did a reasonable job of breaking up play. Hutchings and MacKenzie slotted in well, although the former didn't really get much time. Conor Thompson had one save to make and almost dropped it over the line, but it was good to see Nico trying to build his confidence up by praising him later.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper

Post by OllieGull »

Did anyone know where Craig went for the last 10 minutes, I noticed we had 10 men for the last bit of the game and he wasn't on the pitch.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

didn't notice Ollie! I was enjoying all the passing & the driving forward ! Looking forward to the season starting properly, but very interesting tonight. Enjoyed the Sullivan/Yeoman/Thompson attacking, could be quite effective if they improve their finishing. Didn't see any improvement in Billy tonight; Manse couldn't wait to get on to the field; Harding has a very good pitch presence...he's quite tall & you really notice him because he's got good positional sense. Knill & Brass yelled themselves hoarse as usual...couldn't be further from the previous managerial stance! Looking forward to Tuesday !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

were they wearing the new kit tonight or was it last seasons? i know the official launch for replicas is the 28th but wondering if the team are wearing it already.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper

Post by OllieGull »

chunkygull wrote:were they wearing the new kit tonight or was it last seasons? i know the official launch for replicas is the 28th but wondering if the team are wearing it already.
It was last seasons but with the wts sponsor on which in my opinion is pointless
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

OllieGull wrote: It was last seasons but with the wts sponsor on which in my opinion is pointless
contract reason probably.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

It has to be said that the pitch looked in very good condition last night. The grass looked thick and lush. There was even grass in the touch line areas. Well done to Chris and his staff.
I was impressed with the style of football played by Torquay last night. Jordan Courtney Billy and Elliot changed positions frequently which will confuse the opposition ! Tom Cruise played well as a central defender. The Marines are super fit and never stopped running and staying close to all the Torquay players. Their Keeper made some really brave saves against Ashley's shots.