Contracts

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

you know my source scott and i can only go by what im told.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ROADRUNNER wrote:you know my source scott and i can only go by what im told.
:-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

If the players had until yesterday to decide their future, surely those that refused to sign/stay would have led to an announcement straight away as there is no reason to keep it silent. On the basis that we have heard nothing as yet, could this mean all have agreed subject to signing new contract to stay, which is why we have heard nought?
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I suppose that is a possibility Luce but I've given up trying to second guess and read between the lines. It's a bit ridiculous now to be honest. What will happen will happen and we just have to wait our turn for some information, it would appear on the face of it that the club are still happy to keep us in the dark even when there is no need. All a bit sad really. We're Torquay not Real Madrid. I mean even the Chris Brass thing is beginning to annoy me a bit. Would the club just let us know what is happening and even if they don't know themselves, tell us that they don't know and are awaiting news. It's all a bit cloak and dagger and is there any real need for it? I think many of us have just accepted to go along with whoever comes in and whoever re-signs and stop talking about speculation because there is no point until someone signs on the dotted line and we certainly won't get any info from the club about anything until someone realizes it might be a good thing to do to keep us all informed.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

What do you actually want the club to say?

Still no news on Chris Brass. Still no news on Rene Howe etc etc (Repeat daily)....have a look at every other club in our league and you will find the same kind of radio silence.

I don't want to see or hear anything until they know exactly what is going on.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Yeah but shouldn't they have known what was going on with some players today?

Like they are now definitely not going to sign or they have agreed to sign. That's all we need to know. Obviously we know Rene is going but not the others.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Don't think any business would comment about such matters until they become fact. With players coming in and departing and the budget tight it the squad will take a while to build. We don't want anything to affect negotiations.
TUST number 080
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I refer back to my previous post. If they were going to sign or not then they had to let us know today therefore WE should know and it shouldn't be a secret anymore.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Its quite possible that players have come back and said "I want to stay here, but club xyz have offered more money/longer contract etc. What can you do?" And Knill has had to go back to the board. Its also possible that players have come back and said they want to sign, but are away, and club wont announce until the contract is signed. Thats just what I can think of off the top of my head. If the club announced signings that then backed out, theyd get all sorts of grief.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Yeah but shouldn't they have known what was going on with some players today? Like they are now definitely not going to sign or they have agreed to sign. That's all we need to know. Obviously we know Rene is going but not the others.
Whats so special about June 11th??? The (few admittedly) footballists I know have contracts that run from 1st July to 30th Jun.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Andy, I'd rather the club stay quiet until things are confirmed. Only the other day this happened to Brizzle Rovers, which is shocking..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-22833541

Obviously it's slightly different but it's still a case of them saying something, only for it not to be true.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Fair enough Nick (and everyone else).

I suppose i'm just getting itchy feet and NEED info! :lol:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Is there an argument here to change the way football contracts work? Maybe players are subject to agreed value and one year contacts from summer to summer? Quite an alteration, but might shake things up a little for the paying public.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I tell you what fella's, I wouldn't worry about what is happening or not happening.

My attitude is i will just see who is in the yellow shirt come first pre-season game.
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

Saah definitely gone then:

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/GULLS ... z2W57BNtex

Interesting to see that Knill describes some of his prospective signing are in 'advanced talks'

Also that there is no firm offer made for Benyon yet