Danny Stevens - Thankyou

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

diamondgirl wrote:SNW. I'm off to give him a good slap now. :whip:

Don't be sad. I'll make it up to you next time I see you
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Stevens started last season as first choice winger under Ling - probably indicative of how weak our squad was. He was massively disappointing though and looked disinterested in the games I saw him play.
He was at his best when used as a sub against tiring conference defences. Just did not have the pace or strength for League 2.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I spoke to Danny after our 1.0 loss to Stevanage at Old Trafford. A nice guy who,despite his size, managed to score 28 goals for United.Good luck Danny I reckon 6 years at Plainmoor will probably be your best years as a pro footballer. Don't get me wrong but the game is becoming more and more physical which puts you at abig disadvantage.
Pepperami
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Pepperami »

Well done Danny & thanks. Saw one of your early games at Buckland in the summer of 2007. Club's future looked so fragile at that point, and you were a big part of our exhilarating recovery. A very decent stint for Torquay. Prove us wrong mate: good luck.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Small in stature but quicker than he looked. A technically gifted player who if allowed and nurtured correctly could have shown the grace and skill once displayed by Maradona. He showed the odd flash that he could have been, Never going to have been tall enough to keep pace with the way the game has now gone. But I bow to his loyalty to United, When many could have and indeed did walk for the money he stayed. Love the little guy. :bow: :clap: :keepie: :clap: We will miss you Danny. Best wishes wherever you go. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

He is a good player, but unfortunately was too inconsistent to be a regular first team player here and he'll probably have to drop down a level. However with his record he will find a BSP club and good luck to him. Technically he was good, and when given a chance his finishing was one of the best at the club. Size and strength obviously went against him but he contributed a lot for TUFC over his 6 years here.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

All my City supporting mates still rave about Danny Stevens from the conference days. It wouldn't surprise me to see him end up there, what with Tisdale talking about budget cuts and everything.

I mean, he probably wears child size kit and eats small food portions. Probably be free accommodation too, as long as he goes with an adult. I can't imagine he's paid much either ( child labour).....
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

6 years service and played a big part for a little fella in getting us out of the conference. Always be grateful to all of the players we had at that time. Reasonable squad player even at this level but it's the right time for both TUFC and Danny to move on. Good luck to him.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I'm sad that Danny is leaving and I hope that he finds a club very soon. I liked him as a player and as a fellow shorty. I shall treasure the Danny Stevens fridge magnet that my dad bought me *sniff*.

Good luck Danny, and thank you.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Thanks for everything, Danny, a great servant to our club. I still feel he could have been part of our squad. Good luck.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

The right decision, but nevertheless sad to see him go.

Lil' Danny has been with us all the way on our rollercoaster ride since we got relegated to the BSP and I well remember him making his "debut" in a PSF at Newton Abbot alongside another young triallist, a certain Mr Benyon!

As others have said, there have been some very memorable moments along the way and his ability on the ball has never been in question as far as I am concerned. Unfortunately though in an ever more physical League 2 his size does limit his effectiveness and it is understandable that he doesn't fit into AKs plans.

All the best Danny, I wouldn't be that surprised if he found another L2 club, but probably one of the better BSP sides is a more likely destination I would have thought.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HRG wrote:I'm sad that Danny is leaving and I hope that he finds a club very soon. I liked him as a player and as a fellow shorty. I shall treasure the Danny Stevens fridge magnet that my dad bought me *sniff*.
ah, bless.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

HRG wrote:I'm sad that Danny is leaving and I hope that he finds a club very soon. I liked him as a player and as a fellow shorty. I shall treasure the Danny Stevens fridge magnet that my dad bought me *sniff*.

Still holds the world record for being the smallest fridge magnet ever made.

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

SteveDeckchair wrote:All my City supporting mates still rave about Danny Stevens from the conference days. It wouldn't surprise me to see him end up there, what with Tisdale talking about budget cuts and everything.

I mean, he probably wears child size kit and eats small food portions. Probably be free accommodation too, as long as he goes with an adult. I can't imagine he's paid much either ( child labour).....
good points steve. i mean, imagine winning his shirt in a raffle! :@ =D
as for the child labour, i bet hes on a 1980's £25 government scheme................oh and free happy meals from macccy D's. :rofl:

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Still holds the world record for being the smallest fridge magnet ever made.
Not quite Scott, i believe there was a bloke in St Peter Port who specialized in making fridge magnets for tourists and he made one once from a life-size photograph of your willy. :clap: :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.