Torquay United v York City 23/3/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Is there still loads of rain forecast for South Devon then? As regards the York team coach, presumably they will be travelling down today so they'll be ok. As for the fans then i'd suggest they do the same otherwise they are going to seriously struggle. Loads of snow up here now and it's forecast to fall non stop until tomorrow lunchtime. It's not great.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The forecast is slightly improved. Light rain for much of the day in Torquay but rain during the evening. Improving overnight and dry and cloudy tomorrow. The state of the pitch is the issue for me though.
I am hoping its on particularly as I have passed up £200 in overtime to go tomorrow.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

brucie wrote:The forecast is slightly improved. Light rain for much of the day in Torquay but rain during the evening. Improving overnight and dry and cloudy tomorrow. The state of the pitch is the issue for me though.
I am hoping its on particularly as I have passed up £200 in overtime to go tomorrow.

:bow:

Magic brucie! You must either be well off or insane. (or poor and insane) :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
sidders7
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: danny stevens

Post by sidders7 »

anyone know if game is off tomorrow against york city?
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

sidders7 wrote:anyone know if game is off tomorrow against york city?
No word on the OS except to confirm the away terrace is closed so I guess the game is on.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
sidders7
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: danny stevens

Post by sidders7 »

is it likely to be called off tomorrow lunchtime? ive heard from reliabe source the groundsmen have boarded up goalmouths?????? anyone got any news? hope game goes ahead,it feels like a cup final.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

If it doesn't rain too hard tonight the forecast is better for tomorrow-with occasional showers rather than heavy rain.There has been a drying wind so that will have helped.Sure the club is doing everything posible to get the game on-so fingers-crossed.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

you would LIKE to think that they would have announced a pitch inspection for tomorrow, as theres hasnt been any announcement im confident its going to be on
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I've heard there are some parts of Devon and Cornwall that have flooded again meanwhile up here, i've just done my very own version of ice road truckers picking my little un up from nursery! ( but in a citroen picasso not an hgv if that counts?!)
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

They have just signed ex Sheffield united striker Cresswell on loan, this is a potential threat and strengthens their attack. I am still hopeful for a 1-0 victory however
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Jeez, I live off the Torquay back road down by Milber woods, the rain is coming down so heavy can see the drops bouncing up of the road.. :'(

Weather forecast has the rain clearing away by around 9pm and it turning dry right through the night and through all of Saturday, this is our only hope of the getting the game on, interestingly sky sports news interviewed Alan Knill at Plainmoor, the pitch had no covers on, no boards either, there was standing water on the pitch but only in small pockets.

Cresswell yes going to cause us problems, that is why I would put Downes back in, his experience up against Cresswell could be vital.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes I did see the interview with Labadie and the pitch did not look playable. I guess it will depend on how much rain we get overnight - hopefully a dry night and morning will mean it goes ahead - but wouldn't say I am continent.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

I`m disappointed I can`t make it down for this one. Have a good feeling and think Benners will get that elusive first goal.

On the plus side, I will be at the airport waiting to fly to Spain (weather permitting).

If there`s anyone willing/able to text me the result at the end of the game that would be much appreciated. I leave for the airport at mid-day so if anyone can help please PM me before then. Thanks

Hoping that by the time I come down for Bradford on Easter Monday we are one point off that 50 point target (ever the optimist!!).
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

So, the game is on. But the pitch will no doubt be muddy and slippery. I wonder how this will affect Alan Knill's team selection. Perhaps it won't, but it may affect the type of game the team plays in these conditions. It will almost certainly affect how the ball bounces...
manchestergulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by manchestergulls »

Has anybody got a link for use with an iPhone???
http://www.facebook/manchestergulls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
follow me on twitter @manchestergull
take me home to place where i belong, down at plainmoor to see united, take me home the torquay road.........