Paul Cox...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Paul Cox...

Post by hector »

...according to WMN

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Pau ... story.html

Certainly matches the rumours I have heard today and I think is the best manager available we could have had with experience of this level.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Someone who has been there and done it. For a young manager he has very good experience of non-league football and very successful at this level. Got an unfancied Stags team out of the division and that will be the hope for us (although this year will be too much to ask!).

I stand by my support for CH but I understand the new broom and clear the decks mentality and support the new board with their decisions.

Out of realistic candidates (whilst realising the financial restraints the club are currently under) then Paul Cox would be at the top of the list.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Plainmoor would have continued to suck the blood out of Thea Bristow's finances if she had not decided enough is enough. The new owners, given the financial realities at the club, had no choice but to cut expenditure and reverse the drift towards administration. This is tough on CH, Hodges, and Veysey, but that's the way it is. Whoever the new manager is, he will be under no illusions as to how things must and will work in order to achieve future success at Plainmoor.
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

Paul Cox had a fairly sizeable budget at Mansfield when they were in the Conference. Not so much once they got in to the League - and see how their fortunes took a downturn once that was the case. Is Paul Cox a good manager? Of course he is. Is he proven at successfully managing a team on a smaller budget than many others in the same division? No he is not.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Can't imagine he had a large budget at Eastwood.
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

A new manager will mean fresh blood in for the squad and I can't now see any of the hangers on from the end of the CH era being a part of next season.
So Lavercombe, Young Richards Briscoe Bowman McDonald + (Prynn Chaney Odofin Yeoman) plus 8? new faces for the new guy to sort. That's a huge ask for any manager but if he's any good a prospect to savour.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Can't help feel if Mr Cox was to be our next manager we would have known by now as he would have to have been primed previously so what would be the point until waiting until Friday.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Hope you are wrong Dave. It is time to alter that footer now!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Who said anything about Friday ? I haven't seen Friday mentioned, the statement clearly says a new manager BY the end of the week, it does not say AT the end of the week, and if Friday is the day, have we considered there might be a good reason for that, like, a trio just been put on gardening leave for a start, or contracts etc.

Also no matter how heavily rumoured Paul Cox may be, at the moment he is not the manager of TUFC. Should he become our manager, I'd have no problem with that at all, he may have had big budgets in the past, however, you can give any manager big ££'s to spend that's no guarantee of success. See Chelsea for plenty of evidence.

You still have to know what the ingredients are, right type of player, training and fitness, tactics, man-management, Cox has three promotions on his CV, he clearly knows how. Bit unfair to say he's unproven at managing a team at this level with a smaller budget, when he's never actually had the chance, so how could he prove it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Ive read a fair amount of the forum at Mansfield. Not sure why everyone is so happy with Paul Vox being manager. his style of play is generaly accepted as being boring and some of the worst to watch. despite winning promotion. all that i see he has going for him is a system that works. But will boring football bring the crowds back even if we are winning ?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Sounds like he's our man, from reading that it sounds like Paul Cox's teams play exactly the kind of football that Dean Edwards wants to see...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Glostergull wrote:Ive read a fair amount of the forum at Mansfield. Not sure why everyone is so happy with Paul Vox being manager. his style of play is generaly accepted as being boring and some of the worst to watch. despite winning promotion. all that i see he has going for him is a system that works. But will boring football bring the crowds back even if we are winning ?
if boring + winning = crowds > than last year

if winning + great football = crowds > than last year + n where n is the number of peripheral local people who maybe support a premier club and Torquay is their second club.
TUST MEMBER
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

From reading these the most prominent fact is if you want to be promoted from the National League make sure you get knocked out in the 1st Round of the Trophy!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Manager in possibly doing better when given more money shock. In other revelations, John Terry turns out to not be a very nice bloke and Torquay are still rubbish.

He'd fit the bill in terms of what Dean Edwards says he wants but would he fit the actual paying bill? I doubt it, he'd have to relocate and having been fairly successful at this level and to an extent the one above would demand a fair salary, considering the fact we're making more cuts than the Tories and have had to pay off our 3 remaining members of staff I remain sceptical that we could afford him or offer him a competitive budget for this league so why he'd want to come here you'd have to question as well.