Peter Masters

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Peter Masters

Post by Richinns »

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html

Not much to contribute as I know him not. Anyone have more to offer on this?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

So the identity of the "original" bidder is finally out. Whether the (somewhat unexpected) promotion of Truro City to the level below us has had an adverse impact on his interest in buying TUFC is unclear. What is also not clear is whether or not he would in some way continue his association (possibly through other family members) with BOTH clubs, if that is even possible under Conference rules, or whether he would quit Truro for us.

I guess we will find out soon enough...
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Pretty sure you can't be involved with two clubs, as one of the people who were "helping" Hereford had to resign from grays when his position was made official.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I don't think The F.A. allow anyone to own or work for more than one club.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

At least this proves what some of the suggestions that there were more than one potential take over bid are correct, so when some suggestions that one bid had stalled or had even ended, may not have been far from the mark.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Anyone got any idea of his net worth? Come across some articles on the net listing him as a 'nightclub owner', doesn't strike me as somehow who'd have the money to run the club in any way other than a Bateson way?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Our team used the Truro City team bus for the away trip to FC Halifax, there was some talk a few months ago about a possible ground share with Truro. Rather than asking about much money this guy has, I think a far more pertinent question would be; why does he now want ownership of TUFC while already owning another club.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Truro gave him the taste for a football club and he sees Torquay as the better long term prospect? Does seem a bit suspect though, given he saved Truro from oblivion and is local to the region. There's no obvious benefit to owning Torquay to him, unlike say a EPL owner using the club as a feeder club. More likely is some kind of financial motive, most likely land.
Last edited by SenorDingDong on 13 May 2015, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well that would be of the nicer theories, I can think of a couple not so nice, remember Chris Roberts, hopefully proper checks and balances are being done. Anyway it still being suggested elsewhere this whole Masters thing is dead in the water, and that there is a group of genuine TUFC fans wishing to take control of the club, who would we really refer, I know my answer.
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

If I remember correctly, when Truro went through all the upheavals and financial problems in the Conference South under the then owner/chairman Kevin Heaney, there was talk about them selling Treyew Road.

Maybe that is now the plan and Truro City will become TUFC reserves ... and their manager Steve Tully will return to Plainmoor to help Hargreaves!!!!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I'm with Forever; if the fan group can put together a viable business plan, that sounds good to me. At least one of the group is known to me, & I am perfectly happy that they know how to run a proper business with full regard for communication !!!!!

Added in 58 seconds:
also know more than a tad or two about football I should add.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Peter Master's responds to the rumours on a Truro fans site:
"Mikey thanks for your kind comments. It's no secret that I have been in talks with Torquay and others on a possible ground share for next season in the event our planning application is delayed in June. In fact I was at Plainmoor today discussing the finer details. I sincerely hope the ground share will not be required but it remains a possibility until a decision is made on Treyew Road and Silver Bow."
http://www.trurocityfc.net/forum/genera ... 14493.html

Ground sharing Plainmoor with Truro? GREAT!
TUST member 328
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

They''d surely have to pay quite a bit to ground share with us. That would be a welcome revenue stream. Hell of a journey for a home game mind!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Kernowgull wrote:They''d surely have to pay quite a bit to ground share with us. That would be a welcome revenue stream. Hell of a journey for a home game mind!
Depends on how much revenue will be lost through re-arranged games. We all know the drainage issues with our pitch and with the men's, ladies and Truro playing on it combined with a wet winter then there could be hell on!
TUST member 328
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Richinns wrote:Depends on how much revenue will be lost through re-arranged games. We all know the drainage issues with our pitch and with the men's, ladies and Truro playing on it combined with a wet winter then there could be hell on!

My thoughts exactly, but you beat me to it...
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........