England C

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

England C

Post by ethantufcbaker »

We have Luke Young and Ryan Bowman in the main squad with Cameron in the backup

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/mob ... s_id=13421

England `C` complete their Challenge Trophy Group A qualification schedule with an away game against Turkey, on Tuesday 14th October, before hosting Estonia on Tuesday, 18th November.
The full squad is as follows:
Goalkeepers: Jamie Butler (Concord Rangers), Mitchell Walker (Dover Athletic)
Defenders: James Bolton (FC Halifax Town), Lee Brown (Bristol Rovers), Cheyenne Dunkley (Kidderminster Harriers), Joe McNerney (Woking), Tom Parkes (Bristol Rovers), Marc Roberts (FC Halifax Town), Christopher Stokes (Forest Green Rovers)
Midfielders: Dan Bradley (Alfreton Town), Elliott Frear (Forest Green Rovers), Jack Mackreth (Grimsby Town), Jon Nolan (Lincoln City), Josh Payne (Woking), Matthew Pearson (FC Halifax Town), Jordan Roberts (Aldershot Town), Louie Theophanous (Staines Town), Andy Yiadom (Barnet), Luke Young (Torquay United)
Strikers: Ryan Bowman (Torquay United), Jordan Burrow (Lincoln City), James Norwood (Forest Green Rovers)
The Contingency squad comprises the following players:
Goalkeepers: Andrew Coughlin (Wrexham), Daniel Lloyd-Weston (Southport)
Defenders: Gareth Dean (Nuneaton Town), David Fitzpatrick (Southport), Luke George (Southport), Andy Halls (Macclesfield Town), Jordan Keane (Alfreton Town), Joe Maguire (Ilkeston), Joe Oastler (Aldershot Town)
Midfielders: Courtney Cameron (Torquay United), Ollie Clarke (Bristol Rovers), Craig Clay (Grimsby Town), Micah Evans (Southport), Jonathan O’Donnell (Gateshead), John Rooney (Chester), Daniel Sparkes (Braintree Town)
Strikers: Connor Jennings (Wrexham), Keanu Marsh-Brown (Barnet), Louis Moult (Wrexham), Matthew Taylor (Bristol Rovers)
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Surprised Macdonald wasn't called into it after he was a main player for England C last year, oh well nice to see these 3 in there anyway!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Wish we had none so they can focus on TUFC!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I'm surprised Courtney Richards isn't in there somewhere.
FishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Downes

Post by FishGull »

hector wrote:I'm surprised Courtney Richards isn't in there somewhere.
I'm not, he's Jamaican... :-D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

FishGull wrote: I'm not, he's Jamaican... :-D
:bow: :rofl:

Close the book on POTW, we have our winner.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Hmmm ........ no expensive Eastleigh players mentioned. :-|
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Great news for the lads and I learnt something new, never heard of Concord Rangers before...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I played at Concord Rangers for Hampshire once and got sent off after 2 minutes. Player dived as I saved at his feet and conned the ref but I got away with any further punishment on appeal. The place is a real dump.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Richinns wrote:Wish we had none so they can focus on TUFC!
Glad someone else said that, I was thinking the same as I expect is CH.
Is he though? Gives the guys confidence and experience I suppose.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Interesting one re Courtney Richards. There's not much information online giving his heritage or background, but he's not capped by Jamaica and not tied to them internationally. Given his footballing history (Romulus, Coventry, Brighton, Torquay) I would be surprised if he hasn't reached the five years of education required to make him eligible. This is the same way that John Barnes and Raheem Sterling have represented England despite being Jamaican born.

In any case, you can play for an 'England' side without being eligible for the full side. Ryan Giggs is probably the most famous - he played for England Schoolboys, and then had to spend the next 20 years correcting people who said he should have played for England. He was never eligible for the England team, but could play for England Schoolboys because he went to school in England. If you look at the full list of players to have played for England C, there are quite a few with International Caps for small Island sides (or Ghana in Junior Agogo's case, admittedly later in his career). If we had Rodney Jack now, he was capped by St Vincent.

I can't find any cast iron eligibility laws for the England C team, but looking at recent squads (and his own background), I don't see why Courtney Richards could not be selected in the future. He could even play for the England C team and represent Jamaica in the future (a la Junior Agogo for Ghana).
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

2 sides of the coin I guess to this, potentially we lose key players due to injury or international duty, on the other hand it's not often they'll get a chance to train at St. Georges' Park and play internationally so possibly it will help them develop quicker then we could get them too.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

OllieGull wrote:2 sides of the coin I guess to this, potentially we lose key players due to injury or international duty, on the other hand it's not often they'll get a chance to train at St. Georges' Park and play internationally so possibly it will help them develop quicker then we could get them too.
Just a waste of time! :keepie:
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

All three of our lads fully deserve their places and I'm sure they won't be the last of ours to make the cut this year. Congratulations.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

This seems a complete load of old tosh - err who actually picks this squad? - Theres Oastler,players from Nuneaton - christ they didn't look like they had a decent player in their whole team Not to mention Rooney from Chester who is crap but who is included presumably cause he is errr Rooneys brother.
Looks a complete farce to me.