Burton Albion v Torquay United - 22/10/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Burton Albion v Torquay United - 22/10/13

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Didn't think it was fair to not let anyone know but someone else can take over the match threads now. Thanks, just letting you all know and I've put this up so we have a platform to talk about the game.

I'll be going with a mate, a short 40 minute trip down the A38 through Derby for me.

Can't wait, will be singing and will enjoy myself and we'll lose 3 nil I reckon.

Looking forward meeting up with the usual crew for some singing and banter. Anyone bringing a drum?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Yup, me and the rents will be there!!

Quite enjoy a trip up to Burton, decent little ground, respectable fans and we can actually stand up!!
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Read this on Brewers Talk, found it interesting to read about Rene;
"To be fair Howe has only had 1 decent 15+ goal FL season in his career, hell even Symes hit double figures some years back.

Howe does seem to travel about a bit from club to club with variable success. He had 2 decent seasons with Torquay but as we know they (were) always a great footballing/play it on the floor type of side, with 2 fast wingers getting balls into the box, whereas we are hoofball/hit and hope side now, and he isn't a hold up/target man type striker despite his size. Saying that when he has had his chances he has looked disinterested.

Speaking of fast wingers, I see that the miniscule Danny Stevens is still a free agent after his release in the summer.

Read more: http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thre ... z2iPjAhiht"
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Just looked at the current form table for L2 over the last 6 matches. Burton are on 7 points, & Portsmouth on 10, so if you place any faith on form tables then Burton are quite beatable, at least more beatable than Portsmouth.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I read that thread too. Standard Howe fayre, largely useless, all bluster and unjustifiable ego, now being found out by being at a club with more than one system and some actual strikers for competition.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Just setting off. Only been back in Devon for about 12 hours and already going back North! COYY.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Can't see us picking anything up at Burton tonight. Fully expecting Howe and Kee to score. 3-1 Burton.

If we get a point I will be delighted, especially with a re shuffled central defence.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

I'll be there. Always really enjoy our visits to Burton.

For what it's worth I think we'll lose, but only by the odd goal. A 2-1 perhaps. Would take a draw though.

Hopefully we get to see what Mozika's like at some stage.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

He'll come on with 6 minutes to go at 3-0 down with Burton on total control. He won't score 4 goals and the usual suspects will write him off as the worst player in Torquay history.

Matt.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Anythings a bonus tonight but realistically I think we are going to have to take it on the chin that this is another game we get zilch.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote:He'll come on with 6 minutes to go
Matt.
....and get an injury a minute later....

:) :devil:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Weather looks a bit naff tonight, regardless I'll be there with my Dad. This'll be just my second game of the season, last time it was a win away to Northampton. Hoping for 3 points tonight and a look at this Mozika chap.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Buzzing for this one tonight, counting down the minutes before I set off for Worksop to pick up a pal then hotfoot through the rush hour Derby traffic and on to Burton!!

SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING SING!!!!

EVERYBODY SING!!!! COME ON!! YOU'VE BOTHERED TO MAKE THE JOURNEY SO REGARDLESS OF RESULT LET'S HAVE SOME LAUGHS SOME BANTER AND SOME NOISE!!! WE ARE TORQUAY AND I'M PROUD OF IT AND BURTON FANS NEED TO BE AWARE OF THIS!!

WE'RE NOT POWDER PUFF, WE ARE TORQUAY SO LET'S HAVE FINGERS OFF MOBILES AND HAVE CLAPPING AND BANGING, LET'S SAVE OUR MOUTHS FOR THE HALF TIME PIE AND PUT THEM INTO GOOD USE BY SINGING AND SUPPORTING AND LET'S HAVE ARSES OFF THE TOILET BECAUSE IT'S MINE AND I MAY NEED IT AT SOME POINT DURING THE 90 AND IF ANYONE IS IN THERE WHEN THE CRAMPS KICK IN THEN I'T'S TOUGH SHIT (not literally - it will be loose) I'M COMING IN!!!

WE ARE TORQUAY, WE'RE IN THE SH*T BUT F*CK IT!!

COYY!!!!!!!!!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Only 5 hours and a bit to go now and £15 to get in too! COME ON FFS!!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Scott Brehaut wrote: ....and get an injury a minute later....

:) :devil:
:'(
devonboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by devonboy »

Brilliant Andy. A bit of bloody passion. COME ON!!! I will be there. Just got the beers for the train from Shrewsbury. Can't wait!! Win or lose, let's give it a good go!